The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-31-2017, 06:36 PM   #41
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Wow, I was not expecting this much pessimism to these. Then again, it is The Technodrome forums so I should expect anything less.

Legitimate question though: what is the difference between these shorts and the three that came out a short while ago? Why so much hate for one and love for the other?

I think these look super fun! Some definitely seem more in the style that cartoons are taking on nowadays.

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:38 PM   #42
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm looking forward to these, I love to see different interpretations of TMNT from different animators.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:41 PM   #43
Vegita-San
Emperor

i tend to not like stupid goofy zany humor....

the most i'll take of that is something like beavis and butthead. that's a guilty pleasure.

I prefer something with a little more...oomph to it.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:41 PM   #44
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

As much as I don't like Breadwinners, and absolutely do not like the idea of the FW turtles being done in their style, I don't mind them being done as shorts just for silly fun.

P.s. I wonder if Kevin Micheal Richardson will do 80's Shredder for the short as a test for his debut in the Nick toon. When 80s Shredder said "Excellent" in the trailer, it sounded alot like the original so I suspect it could be KMR.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 05-31-2017 at 06:50 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:14 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJ-manTurtleMan View Post
Wow, I was not expecting this much pessimism to these. Then again, it is The Technodrome forums so I should expect anything less.

Legitimate question though: what is the difference between these shorts and the three that came out a short while ago? Why so much hate for one and love for the other? .
Agreed. These just look like fun shorts. I don't mind them for that reason, in fact I wouldn't mind if these became a regular thing and we got 30+ of them over time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:23 PM   #46
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Say, I wonder as these start coming out, if we'll be visited by any more Viacom/Paramount/Nickelodeon PLANTS.

Oh, what...

http://www.highlander-community.com/drg.jpg

http://thecripplegate.com/wp-content...5/03/fence.jpg
What are you talking about dude? Kinda the reason why I lurked here for so many years without joining was because people on here are so unnecessarily hostile to any opinion whatsoever. *sigh* Not that I should have to justify myself to anyone because I've only been a member since 2014, (like it should matter) but I am 35 years old and have been a fan since TMNT made it's debut in the 80's when I was a child.

Peter Laird literally sat in the passenger seat of my car at the Shellback signoff last year so questioning my integrity about the topic in this thread is a little unnecessary... so yea... it's just my opinion. You don't really need to be a passive aggressive dick.

By the way I work for Lowes... not Viacom, Paramount or Nickelodeon...

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3

Last edited by drag0nfeathers; 05-31-2017 at 08:34 PM.
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:47 PM   #47
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I don't get the negative response from so many of you. It's harmless fun. Artist teams with ties to Nick were given the chance to flex their creative muscles on some goofy little cartoons for the sake of our amusement. Doesn't rewrite history or leave a blemish on the brand. Jeez.

I agree that at least half of 'em prompt a "wtf" but anything beyond that is an overreaction.

I'm most eager to see the chibi & mech ones.
Yeah, it's not unlike some of the ran-dumb insanity seen during the "guest era" of Mirage Volume 1.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:06 PM   #48
Powder
So tired of this place

This is the post-buyout Hedden & McWeeney phase, eh?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:13 PM   #49
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I don't get the negative response from so many of you. It's harmless fun. Artist teams with ties to Nick were given the chance to flex their creative muscles on some goofy little cartoons for the sake of our amusement. Doesn't rewrite history or leave a blemish on the brand. Jeez.

I agree that at least half of 'em prompt a "wtf" but anything beyond that is an overreaction.

I'm most eager to see the chibi & mech ones.
Yeah, I agree with you. They're completely harmless and some even look kind of dope.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:47 PM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
What are you talking about dude? Kinda the reason why I lurked here for so many years without joining was because people on here are so unnecessarily hostile to any opinion whatsoever. *sigh* Not that I should have to justify myself to anyone because I've only been a member since 2014, (like it should matter) but I am 35 years old and have been a fan since TMNT made it's debut in the 80's when I was a child.

Peter Laird literally sat in the passenger seat of my car at the Shellback signoff last year so questioning my integrity about the topic in this thread is a little unnecessary... so yea... it's just my opinion. You don't really need to be a passive aggressive dick.

By the way I work for Lowes... not Viacom, Paramount or Nickelodeon...
I was just messing with you. Relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJ-manTurtleMan View Post
Probably on some kids Facebook group for TMNT they'll love it. We're a bunch of late 20s, 30s, 40 year olds around here, largely. All of those shorts look like garbage to me, but I'm well aware they're not remotely for me. But they're still garbage.

Devil's advocate, though... anyone jump in here... what exactly is there to like in those clips? I mean, seriously. Um... creatively wacky uses of... Fred Wolfisms? Uh...?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:54 PM   #51
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I keep forgetting how uncool it is to like a thing.
Thanks for reminding me, Andrew.

Where ever would we be without your guidance in these trying times.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:54 PM   #52
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I am perfectly relaxed. You were the one who was needlessly butthurt over an optimistic approach to these shorts but whatever man.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:57 PM   #53
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Nothing wrong with liking it. I can sit next to someone and watch "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and watch them love it and get it. I may cringe, but I get it. They're allowed to like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
I am perfectly relaxed. You were the one who was needlessly butthurt over an optimistic approach to these shorts but whatever man.
Pretty far from hurt. What Nick does with the children's material is pretty far from my radar beyond morbid curiosity.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:00 PM   #54
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Nothing wrong with liking it. I can sit next to someone and watch "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and watch them love it and get it. I may cringe, but I get it. They're allowed to like it.
Oh, well so long as we've your blessing and permission.

Quote:
Pretty far from hurt. What Nick does with the children's material is pretty far from my radar beyond morbid curiosity.
Looks more like shitposting to me, to be frank.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:02 PM   #55
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Devil's advocate, though... anyone jump in here... what exactly is there to like in those clips? I mean, seriously. Um... creatively wacky uses of... Fred Wolfisms? Uh...?
I'm mostly intrigued by the different animation styles and interpretations, just plain curious to see others visions of what they would like TMNT to be, and these shorts are a great way to do that. I'm definitely not expecting too much as far as story goes.

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:19 PM   #56
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post

Where ever would we be without your guidance in these trying times.
It's the same thing every time. Teen Titans Go, the 2018 TMNT show, these shorts. It's not enough to dislike something. People can't just ignore it and be on, they have to try to constantly **** on it and everyone who likes it.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:40 AM   #57
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

People have every right to voice their distaste for it just as much as others have every right to voice praise for it.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:21 AM   #58
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
It's not even fred wolf isms. the animation is just flat out horrible. and the looks we got at the 'humor' is just bizzare.

I honestly have no idea who these are meant to appeal to other than people who like strange goofy things
Old 06-01-2017, 07:23 AM   #59
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
People have every right to voice their distaste for it just as much as others have every right to voice praise for it.
why do the people who like things have to get so 'butt hurt' as they say over people who hate things?

It's like it personally offends them for some reason.

I understand it's easier to be negative over things these days and some people go over board with it, but still...
Old 06-01-2017, 07:56 AM   #60
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
It's not even fred wolf isms. the animation is just flat out horrible. and the looks we got at the 'humor' is just bizzare.

I honestly have no idea who these are meant to appeal to other than people who like strange goofy things
Yeah I agree with this, while seeing the red headed fly Stockman bothers me to some extent, I don't think most of this looks good regardless of personal bias. The only ones I think looks OK are the train cart one and the robot one, the rest looks like it doesn't even belong on TV.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lay off the crack smoking