The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-08-2020, 05:41 AM   #21
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcatalano View Post
So you just want to read the book without paying for it... great
Funny how the Internet has changed people's ideas about proprietorship.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:56 AM   #22
cfawcett
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by theassassin View Post
Looks very interesting, but like other members I only just found out about it, and find it rather strange that you aren't keeping the orders/preorders open, even if there's a wait time. You've clearly put a lot of time and effort into this project so please consider investigating options to make it more widely available, i.e. through Amazon.

I am doing exactly that. Just nothing that I can officially announce yet. Hopefully soon.

Cj
cfawcett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:05 PM   #23
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Don't worry, a PDF will likely be leaked at some point down the road. Wouldn't be surprised one bit.
Old 07-08-2020, 06:17 PM   #24
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcatalano View Post
So you just want to read the book without paying for it... great
It is always good to look at what you plan on buying before you purchase it.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:27 AM   #25
cfawcett
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slime State Alumni View Post
Don't worry, a PDF will likely be leaked at some point down the road. Wouldn't be surprised one bit.
Unless someone literally tears a book apart and scans it, I don't know how this would happen.

But if it does, I would honestly hope that everyone would not download it. This isn't just some random stranger you'd be hurting. It's me. I'm a part of this community of collectors. I have spent hundred of hours and thousands of dollars on this book so you could enjoy it. It's $60. Do the right thing.

Cj
Old 07-09-2020, 09:51 AM   #26
j3h
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfawcett View Post
Unless someone literally tears a book apart and scans it, I don't know how this would happen.

But if it does, I would honestly hope that everyone would not download it. This isn't just some random stranger you'd be hurting. It's me. I'm a part of this community of collectors. I have spent hundred of hours and thousands of dollars on this book so you could enjoy it. It's $60. Do the right thing.

Cj
Hi Cj
Is there anyway currently to preorder the book or do we have to wait for a new announcement for opportunity? I?m really looking forward to this, but I discovered it too late.

And screw the illegal downloaders. If you ?want to see what you are buying before purchasing, a few review pages are more than enough. What he has on his site now is more than enough to convince me.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:20 AM   #27
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slime State Alumni View Post
I don?t know about a PDF, but I have seen video reviewers show off the entire book in their reviews. It?s not much different from looking at a reference book in the library. Not everyone is into buying books. Plus, you would have to resell the book for less, if you needed the money. Some people like to look and not buy. That?s just the way it is.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:36 PM   #28
cfawcett
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
Hi Cj
Is there anyway currently to preorder the book or do we have to wait for a new announcement for opportunity? I?m really looking forward to this, but I discovered it too late.

And screw the illegal downloaders. If you ?want to see what you are buying before purchasing, a few review pages are more than enough. What he has on his site now is more than enough to convince me.
DOn't worry, you will be able to get one if you want one. This isn't limited to pre-orders only. I'll have plenty available once it's printed.

Cj
Old 07-09-2020, 01:52 PM   #29
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Cj
Exactly. It's one thing to look at a PDF sample to see if you might like the book, but if you're going to read the full thing then you should pay for a copy.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:20 AM   #30
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
I don?t know about a PDF, but I have seen video reviewers show off the entire book in their reviews. It?s not much different from looking at a reference book in the library. Not everyone is into buying books. Plus, you would have to resell the book for less, if you needed the money. Some people like to look and not buy. That?s just the way it is.
If you're not into buying books then sorry, you don't get to enjoy the book. It's pretty simple.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:08 AM   #31
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
If you're not into buying books then sorry, you don't get to enjoy the book. It's pretty simple.
If the book is not coming to my local public library or being reviewed online, it was never worth my time.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:28 AM   #32
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
If the book is not coming to my local public library or being reviewed online, it was never worth my time.
I'm sure the creator of the book really appreciates that.

It will be reviewed online but a review doesn't mean showing every page. That's just a dumb expectation.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:51 PM   #33
cfawcett
Random Punk

I'm happy to say the book has officially been sent to the printer!

Cj
Old 10-22-2020, 02:57 PM   #34
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
I'm happy to say the book has officially been sent to the printer!

Cj
awesome bro!!!

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:14 PM   #35
cfawcett
Random Punk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLU2d1O-6LY&t=289s
Old 12-07-2020, 03:28 PM   #36
Roseangelo
Emperor

Very nice! Looking forward to getting mine.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 07:17 AM   #37
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Huh. The book looks fantastic but I was really hoping for a comprehensive inventory for each figure. For example, a nice shot of Scumbug along with all of his accessories laid out so I can finally know whether he comes with five bugs or six. It looks like you have a ton of great insider and behind-the-scenes stuff but am I wrong in thinking this book won't be able to be used as a checklist?
Old 12-08-2020, 03:06 PM   #38
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Huh. The book looks fantastic but I was really hoping for a comprehensive inventory for each figure. For example, a nice shot of Scumbug along with all of his accessories laid out so I can finally know whether he comes with five bugs or six. It looks like you have a ton of great insider and behind-the-scenes stuff but am I wrong in thinking this book won't be able to be used as a checklist?
Yeah, I was hoping it'd be more of a complete reference/checklist, too. At least it actually exists, though, unlike that TMNT Action Figure Encyclopedia a lot of folks (myself included) backed on Kickstarter a couple years ago. I'm still bitter as hell about that...

But that said, this does look super cool... I hope I'm able to purchase a copy once they're available!
Old 12-08-2020, 08:02 PM   #39
cfawcett
Random Punk

Quote:
There is already another book out there that is basically an encyclopedia/checklist/reference guide. Or you can just go to tmnttoys.com to find the info you're looking for. But that is not what my book is about.

Cj

Last edited by cfawcett; 12-09-2020 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:54 AM   #40
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
There is already another book out there that is basically an encyclopedia. Or you can just go to tmnttoys.com to find the info you're looking for. But that is not what my book is about.

Cj
What is the name of the other book? tmnttoys.com is great and I've used it a bunch but it's not entirely accurate unfortunately. I was hoping your book was going to be a Bellomo-style database in book form. Guess it's not the book for me.