ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Chosen, don't minimod.
Guys, where's your sense of humor?

Quote:
As for the coloring, yeah. If you were to actually add another turtle to the group yellow is the only one you can go with as to represent the primary and secondary colors (With green being a no-go) and not make the new turtle stand up.
You know, depending on the Turtle's skin tone, since they can vary subtly, the right tone of green miiight just work... I'd actually like to see someone give that a go, actually, just to sate my curiosity. Assuming there isn't some fan art like that out there already.

Quote:
The only thing that really connects Jenny and Art, is that they have a bow and arrow - and even then we have just seen Jenny with it only in concept art. The two official images we have seen (a cover and panel) she doesn't have it.
She will probably wield a bow again at some point, though. I can't recall any specific examples but I do believe she used one in battle when the Foot ambushed the Triceratons, and aimed it at Karai to get her to leave after the negotiations went sour. It's as much her signature weapon as the claws.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:34 PM   #82
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Sorry. Sometimes I can't read humor in text lol.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:39 PM   #83
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
Sorry. Sometimes I can't read humor in text lol.
Don't apologize, I'm the one who should've used a smilie on there.

I do agree it's actually been quite a civil thread, but that's what happens when 98% of the people here are in agreement that such criticisms are plain dumb.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #84
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Isnt it because the character in question came to being as a DeviantArt fanfic?
Most things come from fan fiction, I donno if you throw in devantart with negative intention but it doesn't change that most ideas and characters at one point was "fan fiction"
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:22 PM   #85
Allio
Foot Elite

I think there is a difference between a new character that moves to town and
"I'm Character A and B child from the future, I also have the same powers as A and B, but also the powers of character C whom is my uncle. and I am really super powerful, I might more powerful than everyone."

But I suppose it also comes down to the execution and how the story is written. Like Trunks could have easily been hated over the fact that he easily dispatch Frieza and his father, but the fact he still lost to goku with a finger at least gave us the idea of "nothing special." meanwhile had the story gone about with Trunks being better than everyone else, yeah, he probably would be called "bad fanfiction"

Then, of course, you have an example of a character having a sister that has never been mentioned before even though that literally everything about said character has been written as an only child and they even have a family photo of just the 2 parents and 1 child. Seriously, *UCK Ramona.

Then of course you got people who just love a bad original character for some god forsaken reason. Looking at you Lord Drakkon. You and your little "Ooo, look at me. I'm an evil Tommy from the future. I'm just like normal tommy but I am twice as powerful because of a bad ass suit of White/Green powers. I killed both Jason and Billy, as well as Rita and Zordon. I am the evil overlord of my time. Oh, but woe is me, nobody loves me as much as they love the other tommy.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:36 PM   #86
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
I think there is a difference between a new character that moves to town and
"I'm Character A and B child from the future, I also have the same powers as A and B, but also the powers of character C whom is my uncle. and I am really super powerful, I might more powerful than everyone."

But I suppose it also comes down to the execution and how the story is written. Like Trunks could have easily been hated over the fact that he easily dispatch Frieza and his father, but the fact he still lost to goku with a finger at least gave us the idea of "nothing special." meanwhile had the story gone about with Trunks being better than everyone else, yeah, he probably would be called "bad fanfiction"

Then, of course, you have an example of a character having a sister that has never been mentioned before even though that literally everything about said character has been written as an only child and they even have a family photo of just the 2 parents and 1 child. Seriously, *UCK Ramona.

Then of course you got people who just love a bad original character for some god forsaken reason. Looking at you Lord Drakkon. You and your little "Ooo, look at me. I'm an evil Tommy from the future. I'm just like normal tommy but I am twice as powerful because of a bad ass suit of White/Green powers. I killed both Jason and Billy, as well as Rita and Zordon. I am the evil overlord of my time. Oh, but woe is me, nobody loves me as much as they love the other tommy.
You've just described writing vs. silly writing (very subjective, obvs), not writing vs. fanfiction.

Also "I'm Character A and B child from the future, I also have the same powers as A and B, but also the powers of character C whom is my uncle. and I am really super powerful, I might more powerful than everyone." sounds pretty cool... *writes down in TMNT idea notebook*
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:39 PM   #87
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
You've just described writing vs. silly writing (very subjective, obvs), not writing vs. fanfiction.

Also "I'm Character A and B child from the future, I also have the same powers as A and B, but also the powers of character C whom is my uncle. and I am really super powerful, I might more powerful than everyone." sounds pretty cool... *writes down in TMNT idea notebook*
IDW Armaggon will be the son of Renet and Bludgeon confirmed!
Old 07-20-2019, 02:43 PM   #88
Allio
Foot Elite

I was speaking that from experience. Ah. My Inuyasha fan character. He had all four swords. Those days I just laugh at my young self that couldn't even finish one fanfic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Dude. Everyone knows that KoyaxBludgeon is OTP.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:48 PM   #89
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
So how do they make out without Renet losing her tongue?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:52 PM   #90
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Dude. Everyone knows that KoyaxBludgeon is OTP.
Cross a time traveller with a shark, you get a time travelling shark. Cross a hawk with a shark, you get a penguin. It's basic biology, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So how do they make out without Renet losing her tongue?
You got me there. Though sharks' tongues work differently than a mammal's and aren't even tongues per se, so maybe the real answer is... Not at all?

(I knew we should've hurled this thing into the sun when we had the chance!)
Old 07-20-2019, 02:54 PM   #91
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by allio View Post
Dude. Everyone knows that KoyaXBludgeon is OTP.
Seriously!!!
Old 07-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #92
ChosenOne
Banned

I used to ship Koya and Bludgeon but now they feel more like brother and sister. If they were ever to become an official couple, it just wouldn't feel quite right. To me, anyway, and that's not worth much in the grand scheme of things.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:58 PM   #93
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
I used to ship Koya and Bludgeon but now they feel more like brother and sister. If they were ever to become an official couple, it just wouldn't feel quite right. To me, anyway, and that's not worth much in the grand scheme of things.
I kind of agree, yeah. But I feel like they're still an OTP even without romance, like they're a platonic OTP!
Old 07-20-2019, 03:01 PM   #94
neatoman
Emperor

Well clearly the best ship is Bebop/Rocksteady.
Hahahaha!
Old 07-20-2019, 03:21 PM   #95
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post

Which ultimately is what it comes down to. It’s the idea that official material is treated seriously while FanFiction is something silly, despite it can be reversed with fanfiction can be treated more seriously than source material.

Honestly the only difference between writing and fanfiction is a seal of approval of the franchise owner.
Old 07-20-2019, 03:23 PM   #96
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
Yeah imagine lactating breasts leaking inside of her shell and then the milk starts to rot inside her body. Totally valid point. Because bewbs r hawt.
Stop being an ass.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 03:37 PM   #97
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Stop being an ass.
Oh my~~ I knew it wouldn't be long before some butt hurt started to manifest.

Anyway, character who is child of character a & b from the future is super cheesy but isn't it kinda an old school trope? I don't recall it in TMNT but I wouldn't be surprised if it's been done with Shadow. Or at least thought about.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 03:53 PM   #98
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Well clearly the best ship is Bebop/Rocksteady.
http://i.imgur.com/RmCrh2g.jpg
The bedroom eyes. Oh lord.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 03:57 PM   #99
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
That poor parrot has seen things!
Old 07-20-2019, 04:20 PM   #100
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Quote:
That poor parrot has seen things!
Well clearly Rocksteady is into men with hairy chests and piercings, teeth sticking out is maybe not that attractive but nobody's perfect.
Hahahaha!