The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-23-2010, 08:31 PM   #61
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

the thought about the CGI keeps me tip toed, low budget CGI looks so amateurish, seen better done in first year of 3D design. horrible textures, bad rigging and crappy render.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #62
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

I am jst wondering if Nick is going to Take TMNT seriously and not jst live off the hype. I am curious will they give TMNT a good budget? Does anyone know?
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #63
TrueDude
Mouser

I'm hoping that the new show will be like the old 80's toon with a more developed story like the 2003 series. Also, having it take place after Turtles Forever and with the upgraded Technodrome!
TrueDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #64
ToTheNines
[sic]

If Vernon is in this show, make him like a Kenny character.

Obviously he's not gonna die, but having him get injured all the time would be funny (even if it was in a cartoonish manner).
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:30 AM   #65
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

If we are going to see a more mature toon, it would be cool if it continues with the 2k3 universe. Having the 2k3 serie already, it doesn´t make sense to have another toon with the same tone.

Regarding the cgi thing, i don´t like it, nothing on tv made with cgi is good, IMO.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:36 AM   #66
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNachoT View Post
If we are going to see a more mature toon, it would be cool if it continues with the 2k3 universe. Having the 2k3 serie already, it doesn´t make sense to have another toon with the same tone.

Regarding the cgi thing, i don´t like it, nothing on tv made with cgi is good, IMO.

I totally disagree with the first statement. That'd be like saying 2k3 shouldnt have been dark because thats what the comics were for etc. Anytime a new turtles universe is opened its like the biggest christmas morning for every turtle fan... though sometimes we do get socks (if you dudes get what I mean).

CGI...

I think everyone here hates it. I wonder what the majority of kids these days think? I guess thats what they like since thats what they're growing up on but one can't be sure without seeing the demographics. As for me, if I never see another computer generated turtle outside of a video game I'd be happy as shell.

See what I did there?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #67
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDude View Post
I'm hoping that the new show will be like the old 80's toon with a more developed story like the 2003 series. Also, having it take place after Turtles Forever and with the upgraded Technodrome!
i'd like that

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:09 AM   #68
Toon
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You really think anyone from Nick is reading this thread?
...Yes.

Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #69
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
what i think they need to do & have with this series is this,

1) it needs to have a broad appeal to all TMNT aspects & fans. cause not all TMNT fans like all aspects of TMNT equally.

2) must have familiar characters, and if there must be new characters, for the love of all things holy, make them make sense!

3) familiar aspects & elements. take the TMNT Turtles Forever route and borrow from all genres & sub-genres. don't make crap up that don't fit with TMNT (ie: fifth or sixth Turtles!)

that's my take any way

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #70
CrazySquirrel
Foot Soldier

So I am going to make an educated guess that Toon is lucky enough to be working on the new show but isn't allowed to say anything about it...

I really hope I'm right cause the Krang Bebop Rocksteady and Casey drawings on his site are sick and so is that Don... If that's the design direction of the Nick show I am so psyched...
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:44 PM   #71
Venom
Space Knight

If you've ever visited his site you'd have seen it right in his "About Me" profile.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #72
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel View Post
So I am going to make an educated guess that Toon is lucky enough to be working on the new show but isn't allowed to say anything about it...

I really hope I'm right cause the Krang Bebop Rocksteady and Casey drawings on his site are sick and so is that Don... If that's the design direction of the Nick show I am so psyched...
Oh please good Lord no! Awesome drawing skill, but hate the design. Don looks to small and feeble. I pray to God u guys make them like the 2k3 turtle design.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #73
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
...Yes.

Hey man Love ur talent this is my honest opinion.
I love the KC and rocksteady for the most part.

Krang is interesting but lacks propotion and I jst dont like it.

I do not like Don as I said b4 he is to feeble and weak looking
Old 04-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #74
turtlelife
Random Punk

Well my thoughts on the new toon are the same as they have always been. A darker edgier 2k3/mirage style, mixing characters from all TMNT universes. I think the 2k3 series had a great balance of humor and action, along with many other things. But the OT had such great characters and I missed that. And yes I mean from the toy line too, update these characters and bring them in, I'd love to see Hot Spot or even Walkabout show up. As long as the story was still good, I'd geek out for any of those characters, I'll admit it.

My biggest wish though is for characters from Archie to show up. Maybe even use a plotline bringing the Mutanimals into it. I still feel ripped off after learning we were so close to a Mutanimals cartoon back then, I would still love to see it. And do I really need to even mention Ninjara?

As for Toon's art, I like it. Animation has been going that way for years, and it's better than a lot of other animation out there. I do agree though with redeemer in saying that Krang is out of proportion. But I don't know what his background is in this series yet. If he is an Utrom, then yes he's too small. But if he has the same origin as the OT, I guess him being so small is in proportion to the size of a brain. Wow I even confused myself there, hopefully someone understood. Either way I love the newer take on the robot body.

I love Bebop and Rocksteady though, and if that's how they showed up in the new toon I'd be stoked. The Raph sketch he has on his blog is awesome too, and I don't even really like Raph. And finally that Casey is a beast! That is the Casey I want in the new toon for sure. Great work toon, and of you are involved in the series, I feel a lot better about it already.
turtlelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #75
Spitfire
Writer • Director

I doubt any of those drawings are for anything but fun on his page. Most of those were being worked on in 2008 before even Laird knew the buy out was going to happen.

Honestly if I had to choose between that and CGI I'd take that. Krang is really the only design I don't like.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #76
turtlelife
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I doubt any of those drawings are for anything but fun on his page. Most of those were being worked on in 2008 before even Laird knew the buy out was going to happen.

Honestly if I had to choose between that and CGI I'd take that. Krang is really the only design I don't like.
Well I'm in the same boat, even though the 4th movie CGI was done well enough for me to enjoy, no CGI for me on Saturday mornings.

But when it comes to Toon's art, sure most of it is older, but he may have been asked to draw them as ideas when Nick was just thinking about buying TMNT. It's all speculation of course, and even if he is working on the series, I bet he can't tell us straight out. I think that's the closest we've gotten to anything from Nick at all about the new cartoon, though. At least he works there, so it's something....
turtlelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #77
discordiatookie
facehugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I totally disagree with the first statement. That'd be like saying 2k3 shouldnt have been dark because thats what the comics were for etc. Anytime a new turtles universe is opened its like the biggest christmas morning for every turtle fan... though sometimes we do get socks (if you dudes get what I mean).
The thing i've found about that is, when you don't get socks at christmas you kinda miss it.

Heh, and I love that nutso Krang from Alex D...

As for what comes next, i'd be happy enough with a mad 'Ultimate' kind of mix. Take the best of everything and throw it in there. Preferably not CGI, and preferably with totally new designs - none of this rehashing old designs, etc.

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #78
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It's a simple model I made almost 2 years ago, gonna make a new one as soon my finals and interview with the new school is over.
relaxed
posing

Viacom! Hire me!!
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #79
Turo602
The King of Kings

It'll be cool if this just picked up this idea. I was always curious on how this show would turn out.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/warner/warner.html
Old 04-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #80
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
It'll be cool if this just picked up this idea. I was always curious on how this show would turn out.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/warner/warner.html
Outside of the design for the Turtles, I think every design to do with that project looks like ass.

On-Topic. OT style - episodic nature - overly goofy bullsh*t + Mirage style Turtle design.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, nick