The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: And what do you think would be a fitting punishment..?
The first rule of being a ninja is do no harm. Unless you mean to do harm, then cause LOTS of harm! 47 50.00%
Yes... but first, RONDORI! 15 15.96%
I don't know if we should pound him or get him an ice cream cone... 15 15.96%
It's POLKA! Make it STOP...! 17 18.09%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #61
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I hope that's the only reference that sh*t gets in this show.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #62
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
lol! yes both awesome

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #63
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not reading the rest of the thread, but did anyone else notice that when they chopped off Baxters arm it turned into the crawler droid from Turtles In Time? Mikey even got electrocuted with the same special effects!

Thought that was one hell of an awesome, yet subtle nod.
I remember Leonardo getting shocked with the same effect during the second fight, but I don't remember it happening to Mikey. I'll have to wait until I get home from my sister's to watch it again on my DVR.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #64
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I didn't like that Baxter was only a threat because of an accident and that his actual robot suit he made wasn't anything special. I'd like to see him being smart, there are still chances to make up for that since it's his first appearance but if things continue like this it'd be sad that OT Baxter is more fleshed out than this version.

This episode was alright, I don't mind episodes like this and it's too early to judge but this show needs some more fleshed out episodes to have a nice mix.

I also don't like how the turtles disposed of Baxter like an 80s or even 90s cartoon, that doesn't fly that well anymore. They did the same thing last week.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #65
shinefra
Hench Mutant

Just for curiosity why do you guys hate the fugitoid?
shinefra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #66
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I remember Leonardo getting shocked with the same effect during the second fight, but I don't remember it happening to Mikey. I'll have to wait until I get home from my sister's to watch it again on my DVR.
Leo, Mikey, whatever. I may have gotten my turtles mixed up. Getting up at 11AM is hard for me. I was delirious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinefra View Post
Just for curiosity why do you guys hate the fugitoid?
It's one person. & that's because he's not a fan of the bulk of the content that is (more or less) exclusive to Mirage.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #67
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I hope that's the only reference that sh*t gets in this show.
I thought it was already confirmed we would see him later?
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #68
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I may have gotten my turtles mixed up. Getting up at 11AM is hard for me. I was delirious.
You can always record it and sleep in. That's what they built the VCR... er DVR for!

www.jephael.com

Last edited by Jephael; 10-20-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #69
Vivi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
This episode was alright, I don't mind episodes like this and it's too early to judge but this show needs some more fleshed out episodes to have a nice mix.
Agreed. The first season of 2K3 had some pretty great story arcs going on (Think: The Shredder Strikes, The Shredder Strikes Back, Return To New York, The Search For Splinter) culminating in the invasion of the Utrom lab. So far this series is the funniest, but by no means the best story telling - or even suspense. But still early days.

This series is genuinely funny, though. And probably has my favourite Splinter.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #70
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'll compare it to something like Teen Titans since this show draws a lot from said show, we had plenty of fun one off episodes but the arc stories really made brought the whole season together and made it very memorable. While TT was a lot of fun without the fun story arcs and more serious episodes the whole premise would've worn out much quicker than it did.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #71
CyberCubed
Overlord

If this episode script was pitched to PL he'd probably tear it to shreds in his blog.

An I-pod that upgrades armor with little to no explanation? Baxter's poor motivation to seek revenge? The Turtles using a beehive to stop the main villain? Too much slapstick humor?

Man if this was a 4kids plot it's be ripped to shreds.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #72
shinefra
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Agreed. The first season of 2K3 had some pretty great story arcs going on (Think: The Shredder Strikes, The Shredder Strikes Back, Return To New York, The Search For Splinter) culminating in the invasion of the Utrom lab. So far this series is the funniest, but by no means the best story telling - or even suspense. But still early days.

This series is genuinely funny, though. And probably has my favourite Splinter.
I definetly agree, the 2k3 turtles stories had me at the edge of my sit, I always wanted to know what was next, thats why I made a TMNT Marathon, with little sleep time

This new series is also great but lacks story telling, I still love it for what it is though, simple fun.
shinefra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #73
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If this episode script was pitched to PL he'd probably tear it to shreds in his blog.
OH NO! What an awful fate! Truly something to be upset about! Boy oh boy.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #74
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant

Kinda miss 2k3 Baxter's arrogance but at least this one keeps a body
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
OH NO! What an awful fate! Truly something to be upset about! Boy oh boy.
PL doesn't like it when things aren't accurately explained.

For example, where did the chip to power up Baxter Suit actually come from? Don said he found it in a scrapyard, but it obviously must be some alien or government tech to do what it did.

Sadly I doubt the writers will ever explain it, and it'll probably be forgotten about.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #76
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist

2k3 had a lot of slow episodes to start with. It really didn't pick up until almost mid-season. I mean someone already mentioned Nano and Garbageman was an early episode. The skateboarding in this episode reminded me of Darkness on the Edge of Town (I believe that is the title and ilk am on my Kindle and too lazy to look it up).

I am still giving this show a chance before I decide what type of show it's going to be.

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #77
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Alright, this was a fun episode... kind of an off-shoot from the major storyline, but still fun. Obviously, this was changed a bit from the original animatic we saw - there's no sneaking out to see a movie with April, but the turtles certainly get into some hot water.

I'll be nice and put it into spoiler tags for those who haven't seen it yet.. This is a write-up on the actual ep, with some of my thoughts mixed in.

Spoiler:
The show opens with Splinter unsuccessfully trying to meditate, as the boys have trashed the lair with the remains of pizza partying and a large skate ramp. The way the boys try so hard to convince Splinter that they can just clean up and think about their actions. Unfortunately, they end up grounded for a week as a result.

Splinter Awesomeness will be all throughout this episode.

The turtles are getting a little stir crazy being stuck in the lair. Donnie excitedly shows off the music player that he made out of computer chips and parts from a military dump site. Raphael's not so excited about the T-Pod, as dubbed by Mike, and decides to sneak out and go skateboarding. The other three join him free-running on the rooftops, searching for a good set of stairs to grind. As they're running, Don finds that the T-Pod is downloading data right out of the open air at an incredible rate. It had to be something involving the special chips he got from the military dump.

Just as they find their skate spot, they come across a guy in some sort of homemade robotic gear - gear that doesn't exactly work. He's not exactly making any progress with his break-in, and the boys see that it's time to issue a beatdown. Unfortunately, their fight catches the attention of the police, and they throw into the guy into a dumpster before hightailing it back to the sewers.

The boys manage to get back unnoticed, much to Leo's worry. Sneaking out was a Bad idea. It's about to get a little bit worse, when Mike realizes that he's lost the T-Pod. But back at the dumpster, the guy finds the t-pod and plugs it into his headphones. The Chips in the T-Pod transform his gear and upgrade it's quality, not to mention giving a nice little Tron-esque glow effect.

Back at the lair, the apparent lack of sleep has gotten Splinter's attention - the boys can barely stay on their feet. After being on the receiving end of a Rondori ass-whupping, the boys catch a news alert about a deranged robot attacking the TCRI building in Brooklyn. Imagine their surprised when they see the guy from the night before, but in upgraded armor. That, and his name is Baxter Stockman. Apparently he got fired from his job, and went back to take revenge.

Don sees the T-Pod on Baxter's suit, and jumps all over Mike for losing it. Now the boys realize that they need to get the T-Pod back to keep Baxter from becoming too powerful. Leo wants to tell Splinter the truth, but the others are more interested in stopping Baxter and saving their hides.

The boys sneak out again and track down Baxter in an empty warehouse. They surround him and try to get the T-Pod, but Baxter has other ideas. It's a knock down drag out, with the boys bearing most of the knocking. In a fantastic ode to the Kool-Aid guy, Baxter triumphantly bursts through a wall, turtles in claw. He throws them into a dumpster and gloats about how he'll have his revenge with the use of the suit. Suddenly, the suit upgrades itself and merges with Baxter's body. The boys are running for their lives as the giant robot goes on a wrecking rampage.

They barely escape the wrath of Baxter, only to get caught by Splinter sneaking back into the lair. The boys finally admit what happened with them and Stockman - they can't exactly hide the fact they look like they've been hit by a bus. Splinter scolds them for their actions, and tells them they need to fix what they've done.

With the use of Mike as live bait, they lure Baxter out of hiding. Unfortunately, Baxter's been upgrading himself quite a bit, and the boys barely keep themselves in one piece. Working smart (and armed with angry bees), they work together to get the T-Pod, returning Baxter to his human self. They throw him into a dumpster and return home triumphant.

Splinter is pleased to hear the result of their mission, and is suspiciously willing to let them end their grounding. That is, after another round of Rondori for Everyone!

In all, this was a very fun episode - Splinter torturing the boys is always a plus. Baxter was a bit more pathetic here compared to other versions of TMNT that we've seen. Hopefully his character will develop throughout the series. I just hope he's not cut apart piece by piece....
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #78
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:

An I-pod that upgrades armor with little to no explanation? Baxter's poor motivation to seek revenge? The Turtles using a beehive to stop the main villain? Too much slapstick humor?

Man if this was a 4kids plot it's be ripped to shreds.
Literally no one cares.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #79
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefight Doughnuts View Post
Literally no one cares.
Obviously people care because others have brought it up in this thread. Just because the show is funny and clever doesn't mean it can ignore good writing and proper continuity.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #80
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
PL doesn't like it when things aren't accurately explained.

For example, where did the chip to power up Baxter Suit actually come from? Don said he found it in a scrapyard, but it obviously must be some alien or government tech to do what it did.

Sadly I doubt the writers will ever explain it, and it'll probably be forgotten about.
Donnie said in the episode that he found it in a military junkyard.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, episode discussion, nick