The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-29-2019, 01:26 PM   #1
mikey22
Stone Warrior

is it possible to get akickstarter for a tmnt original movie doc w/ deleted scenes et

Are we able to start a kickstarter to get atmnt usa doc released

i know germany has a steve barron commentary w/ deleted scenes was curious if kickstarter would be a fun way to get the ball rolling for one of these to be released

thanks
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 12:20 PM   #2
bwwd
Hench Mutant

A lot of scenes are on youtubes, just training with mask backwards and mikey boxing is missing.
Would love to make it happen but its unrealistic, i guess henson company has a lot of test videos .
Old 09-02-2019, 02:29 PM   #3
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22 View Post
Are we able to start a kickstarter to get atmnt usa doc released

i know germany has a steve barron commentary w/ deleted scenes was curious if kickstarter would be a fun way to get the ball rolling for one of these to be released

thanks
Ask Shout Factory or Lionsgate.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #4
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
A lot of scenes are on youtubes, just training with mask backwards and mikey boxing is missing.
The only scenes I have ever found online were the alternate/extended scenes from the UK version (namely the apartment fight scene, the brief blip from Shredder fighting the goons that mugged April that appeared on Turtle Power (cobbled from one camera angle and B-roll footage), the alternate ending, released on the German DVD, and the brief snippets that appeared in the trailer (the shells in the water from a shot removed as April walks to her van and a shot of a sewer lid blowing open from the alternate opening).

There's still a lot of scenes that haven't been released, including many of the above in their full form. These include:

-The entire alternate opening: a scene that dives through the sewer lid and takes you right to the door of the Turtles' lair
-The deleted shot of April walking to her van and the camera panning to the pier, where the shells rise
-The missing dialogue from the April's mugging that implies their intentions aren't just to rob her
-The full scene of Shredder fighting the goons
-Casey's original introduction, watching tv and angered by the recent crimewave reported by the news
-The extended Casey/Raph fight
-The extended apartment fight with Leo fighting the foot down the stairs to the shop. (He's supposed to already be down there when the floor collapses.) None of this material is included in the UK version, which is mostly just awkward padding to cover Mikey's nunchucks (i.e. holding onto shots/moments longer). The only thing of worth that is shown in that version is a moment with April taking down a foot soldier by pulling the rug from under his feet.
-The extended escape from the apartment fire
-April's monologue about Mikey
-The extended training
-Spinter's extended backstory, which includes Oroku Nagi
-The blood splatter from Shredder's death
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:14 AM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

No. Not possible.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:44 AM   #6
AquaParade
Banned

I don't know the success rates of kickstarters for things like this, but if the goal was to get Steve Baron back on board to help, I'd certainly donate.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:37 PM   #7
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

I’m guessing we’re not getting a 30th anniversary edition this year?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 04:37 PM   #8
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

If there's any hope for the release of a full-length documentary on TMNT 90, it rests with Isaac and his pals at Definitive Films. It's solely a rights issue at this point. There's more than enough historic content on the production to cover a dense documentary or making-of book.

On a related note, keep your eyes peeled for Cleanin' Up the Town: Remembering Ghostbusters! I'm a producer/archivist/editor (and would give my Mirage tail for a crack at TMNT with Isaac & DF).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5QFRaf6Z1o

d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:26 PM   #9
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
If there's any hope for the release of a full-length documentary on TMNT 90, it rests with Isaac and his pals at Definitive Films. It's solely a rights issue at this point. There's more than enough historic content on the production to cover a dense documentary or making-of book.

On a related note, keep your eyes peeled for Cleanin' Up the Town: Remembering Ghostbusters! I'm a producer/archivist/editor (and would give my Mirage tail for a crack at TMNT with Isaac & DF).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5QFRaf6Z1o

https://i.imgur.com/RpTQU3q.jpg
I'm totally going to follow this. Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-05-2020, 10:11 AM   #10
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Looks like it is out in the UK. Congratulations!

Hopefully, the US release is around the corner. I have been waiting for this documentary for a third of my life and excited to finally see it.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:47 PM   #11
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Thanks! I'll be sure to post here when I know something.

Now back to work on Too Hot To Handle: Remembering Ghostbusters II.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:09 PM   #12
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Thanks! I'll be sure to post here when I know something.
I read The Guardian review months ago and was disappointed by it. The score (3/5) and review made it seem very underwhelming when I know it wasn't even though I haven't seen it yet. I'm not sure what that critic was expecting.

Anyway do you know where I can buy the blu-ray of this first doc? I only see the DVD advertised on rental and Amazon.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:16 PM   #13
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I read The Guardian review months ago and was disappointed by it. The score (3/5) and review made it seem very underwhelming when I know it wasn't even though I haven't seen it yet. I'm not sure what that critic was expecting.

Anyway do you know where I can buy the blu-ray of this first doc? I only see the DVD advertised on rental and Amazon.
I'm with you on the Guardian review! Thankfully, all of the other reviews I've read have been positive. From casual GB fans, vintage film nuts, FX freaks and hardcore GB historians. There's a little something for everyone.

BR is being released in the UK on May 4, 2020. No details stateside as the deals are still being worked out. They're in turbo mode to get it out in time for the new movie, I know that.
Old 03-10-2020, 03:37 PM   #14
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I'm with you on the Guardian review! Thankfully, all of the other reviews I've read have been positive. From casual GB fans, vintage film nuts, FX freaks and hardcore GB historians. There's a little something for everyone.

BR is being released in the UK on May 4, 2020. No details stateside as the deals are still being worked out. They're in turbo mode to get it out in time for the new movie, I know that.
Pferreia, if you're a Kickstarter donor, then you should have a streaming link in your email.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:23 PM   #15
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
The only scenes I have ever found online were the alternate/extended scenes from the UK version (namely the apartment fight scene, the brief blip from Shredder fighting the goons that mugged April that appeared on Turtle Power (cobbled from one camera angle and B-roll footage), the alternate ending, released on the German DVD, and the brief snippets that appeared in the trailer (the shells in the water from a shot removed as April walks to her van and a shot of a sewer lid blowing open from the alternate opening).

There's still a lot of scenes that haven't been released, including many of the above in their full form. These include:

-The entire alternate opening: a scene that dives through the sewer lid and takes you right to the door of the Turtles' lair
-The deleted shot of April walking to her van and the camera panning to the pier, where the shells rise
-The missing dialogue from the April's mugging that implies their intentions aren't just to rob her
-The full scene of Shredder fighting the goons
-Casey's original introduction, watching tv and angered by the recent crimewave reported by the news
-The extended Casey/Raph fight
-The extended apartment fight with Leo fighting the foot down the stairs to the shop. (He's supposed to already be down there when the floor collapses.) None of this material is included in the UK version, which is mostly just awkward padding to cover Mikey's nunchucks (i.e. holding onto shots/moments longer). The only thing of worth that is shown in that version is a moment with April taking down a foot soldier by pulling the rug from under his feet.
-The extended escape from the apartment fire
-April's monologue about Mikey
-The extended training
-Spinter's extended backstory, which includes Oroku Nagi
-The blood splatter from Shredder's death
I've heard about most of those (some of which you can see in the comic book adaptation) but hadn't heard about a bloodier version of the Shredder trash compactor scene. Any screenshots of that?

Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:43 PM   #16
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Pferreia, if you're a Kickstarter donor, then you should have a streaming link in your email.
I do not. I did not back what turned out to be such an epic documentary.

Hopefully both docs will get distribution on blu-ray so I can order it from somewhere in the UK. Did the Beunos try Sony? Considering the amount of exclusive interviews surprised Sony didn't distribute the DVD of the first doc.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:06 PM   #17
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I do not. I did not back what turned out to be such an epic documentary.

Hopefully both docs will get distribution on blu-ray so I can order it from somewhere in the UK. Did the Beunos try Sony? Considering the amount of exclusive interviews surprised Sony didn't distribute the DVD of the first doc.
UK get the first Blu-ray release!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085HNSR..._qqEDEb17VG5WZ

...and that almost happened.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:20 PM   #18
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT is cooler than MOTU View Post
I've heard about most of those (some of which you can see in the comic book adaptation) but hadn't heard about a bloodier version of the Shredder trash compactor scene. Any screenshots of that?
As far as I know, there are no images from that scene. From what I understand, it is just a blood splatter, which may not be that significant. I've been trying to find more information on it.

At one point, it was mentioned in a podcast interview with one of the film's talents (I want to say either Steve Barron or Josh Pais), but I am having difficulty tracking it down.

But I believe the story goes that Barron and Sally Menke either delivered a cut that had the blood squirt or wanted a shot of it, the film was taken from them, and further cuts were made without their involvement to soften the film.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:39 AM   #19
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
UK get the first Blu-ray release!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085HNSR..._qqEDEb17VG5WZ

...and that almost happened.
It almost got distribution by Sony? I wonder why they didn't do it?
Old 04-01-2020, 11:53 AM   #20
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Does anyone have a decent scan of the publicity still from the extended Raph/Casey fight?

I was trying to dig through my Topps trading card collection, but couldn't find it. Was it perhaps a part of a sticker book?