The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-13-2016, 09:38 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

Guy looks nothing like Harrison Ford though. This sounds like a disaster in the making.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:42 PM   #42
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This yearly SW stuff is a mess; We just got the trailer for the new movie just a few months after the long awaited Episode VII, we're already getting plenty of pictures and reports from the filming of Episode VIII and the other spin-off is being cast. There's no room to breathe, how can I get excited about any of this if we're constantly bombarded with more. Contrast that with how all we would get is a few tidbits for Episode VII and once the teaser came out it was all we could think about and now our attention is on 3 different SW movies at the same time.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:44 PM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's this Han Solo movie, then a rumored Yoda movie, Obi-wan movie, and Boba Fett movie. And that's just from what we know now.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:06 AM   #44
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Alden Ehrenreich is the frontrunner for Han Solo. I'm just glad it's not Miles Teller.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/star-war...st-1201737425/
I'm still salty that Teller was even considered.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:48 PM   #45
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Ehrenreich got the role.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...d-alden-877328
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:36 AM   #46
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

Well George Lucas should be happy after this movie the prequels will no longer be the butt of everyone's joke. I dont mind a Star Wars anthology movie but some things are not to be touched like the old major players getting recasted especially a role Harrison Ford used to play. Disney there is a very good reason why no one even remembers that Young Indiana Jones was ever a thing. You want to do a Yoda cartoon fine go ahead over 900 years of jedi history I'm sure something can be explored and Frank Oz's voice is awesome. Boba Fett sure as long as the kickass suit is there no one will care. An Obi-Wan movie I'm sure people would like to see one of the few good things the prequels had be in an actually good movie.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:45 AM   #47
ToTheNines
[sic]

He... looks nothing like Harrison Ford. And there's rumors that he'll be introduced in Rogue One. So he's not even "Young Han Solo", he's supposed to be "New Hope Han Solo".
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:37 PM   #48
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Alden Ehrenreich is the frontrunner for Han Solo. I'm just glad it's not Miles Teller.
Alden Eherenreich is now officially Young Han Solo. He was introduced today at Star Wars Celebration in London. Never seen anything he's been in. Apparantly he was discovered 10 years ago by Speilberg at a Bat Mitsvah.

http://www.etonline.com/news/193418_...s_celebration/
Old 07-17-2016, 07:28 PM   #49
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here are panel highlights talking about the Han Solo movie.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:40 PM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord

The actor they chose literally looks nothing like Harrisson Ford. And he won't be able to capture Ford's subtle nuances in the way he played Han.

This just has trainwreck written all over it.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:38 AM   #51
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Such a bad idea, Hope this flops. The only spin off movies should have been Obi wan staring Ewa Mcgregor, set between 3 and 4. Or a Yoda movie. Better yet just do episode 7-9 and not milk the franchise to a bore.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:11 AM   #52
CyberCubed
Overlord

Guy looks nothing like Harrisson Ford at all. And this is supposed to be "young" Han solo? Isn't the actor barely any younger looking than Han was in Episode 4?

A disaster in the making. Truly a trainwreck. What were they thinking?
Old 07-18-2016, 01:57 AM   #53
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I could potentially be on board with this, but if it's just a "connect the dots" of every cryptic bit of dialogue from episode 4 about Kessel runs and parsecs and Chewbacca... best not.

And Kasdan's involvement? I'm skeptical. He might have more leeway here, but with Episode 7 it really seemed like he was just put around to throw ideas and thoughts to Abrams... so they could throw his name out there and co-opt things into the Episode 4 redux it was. A sacred cow name rolled out to make it seem like it was something other than Disney telling Abrams to recreate sh*t we already seen 30+ years ago to be like, "Ah ah ah... we got the main writers of pretty much agreed as the best loved OT movie under us... you can't hate this!" and build that shield over things.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-18-2016 at 02:03 AM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:09 AM   #54
CyberCubed
Overlord

Harrison Ford has a very specific face that cannot be duplicated with any other actor.

Its not like the Star Trek reboot where all the new actors look reasonably similar to the 60's incarnations, especially Spock, etc. But with Star Wars you just can't do it, especially with Harrison Ford of all people.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:18 AM   #55
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

That guy was pretty good in Hail Caesar (which is the only thing I've seen him in). I'm not enthused about a young Han Solo movie though, and I wish they would try some new ideas.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:03 AM   #56
Shark_Blade
Emperor

People especially the young generation don't know/don't remember/don't care about Han Solo of the old trilogy. Recasting him is no problem at all, even if he doesn't even look like him.

We replaced the Star Trek actors. We replaced Jack Nicholson's Joker with Heath Ledger, and now he's being replaced by Jared Leto. The world doesn't stop, all was well.

I'm not even fussed about Solo's movie, might give this a pass.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:06 AM   #57
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Such a bad idea, Hope this flops. The only spin off movies should have been Obi wan staring Ewa Mcgregor, set between 3 and 4. Or a Yoda movie. Better yet just do episode 7-9 and not milk the franchise to a bore.
Why do people want an Obi-Wan movie between III and IV? What a boring movie that would be. He was a hermit during that time.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:28 AM   #58
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I wanna see a Han Solo movie, I wanna know about the Kessel Run, how he got the millennium Falcom from Lando, they are gonna have to cast a young Lando if he's in the movie.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:45 AM   #59
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I wanna see a Han Solo movie, I wanna know about the Kessel Run, how he got the millennium Falcom from Lando, they are gonna have to cast a young Lando if he's in the movie.
This is the problem with prequels. The Kessel Run, the Clone War, etc. were all a lot cooler in 1977 when no one knew quite what those things were. Prequels always take some unclear element like the Clone Wars and try to explain it and it always ends up sucking and being underwhelming.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:30 AM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord

At least an Obi-wan movie would be better than this trainwreck. He doesn't even look like Han Solo/Harrisson Ford.

Tags
autismawareness, cubedwannacracker, cuck solo, snake the true fan, snake vs tfa, snake vs the world, solo a sjw story