The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-15-2016, 05:23 PM   #261
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Bobby confirmed that Universe #5 takes place concurrently with the Christmas issue.
Cool, that's what I figured

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Pantheon storyline is probably going to go all the way to issue #100. Probably climaxing with Kitsune reviving Shredder as a Dragon God.

I do really think the next arc after Bishop will probably have to do with a return to the Utroms or space travel. Or Bishop attacking Burnow Island, which would lead to it.
Yeah, I think the Pantheon will come to the fore periodically but stay mostly on the back-burner for a while longer. If they do focus on the Utroms and Burnow Island after the arc with Bishop I think that would flow nicely
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #262
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Would TMNT Universe #6-#8 take place at the same time as TMNT #66?
Old 01-11-2017, 04:13 PM   #263
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Would TMNT Universe #6-#8 take place at the same time as TMNT #66?
If Raph is the only Turtle to go with Angel to rescue Alopex, then yeah, that probably makes the most sense, since it allows Mikey to have his random encounter in the sewers and Donnie to visit Harold's lab and find out what's going on with Metalhead without any continuity issues.

But this is all just speculation as we won't know anything for sure till these issues come out.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #264
ToTheNines
[sic]

First post is up to date, with info coming from Bobby on the next 3 TMNTU issues.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:27 PM   #265
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So Michelangelo encounters Wyrm before Raphael and Angel go to Alaska to bring Alopex back,but Donatello encounters the completed Metalhead 2.0 after they get back.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:46 PM   #266
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
So Michelangelo encounters Wyrm before Raphael and Angel go to Alaska to bring Alopex back,but Donatello encounters the completed Metalhead 2.0 after they get back.
This is what Bobby said to me last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
This is off the top of my head before I close up shop for the holidays, so not doing an exhaustive think to see if i'm missing any details that don't line up, but...

Wyrm should be at about the same time as TMNT #66, could be a little before or after.

Metalhead 2.0 isn't done yet, so something may come up that changes a little, but I think fits in between #66 and #67.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:20 PM   #267
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

@ToTheNines

Do you know when this will be updated? I use this thread to determine in what order I need to read the main book, TMNT Universe and any mini-series. I haven't read anything past TMNT Ghostbusters 2 #5 until this updates.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:49 PM   #268
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ghostbusters 2 takes place immediately after Trial of Krang, but some of it is overlapping the Triceraton Invasion because of quantum physics.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:07 PM   #269
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

Well I did read the TMNT/Ghostbusters 2 crossover. But I don't know now if I need to start on TMNT Universe #16, TMNT #76 or Batman/TMNT #1. I wish IDW made it clear in what exact order the books should be read in their recaps in the front of each issue.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:12 AM   #270
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
Well I did read the TMNT/Ghostbusters 2 crossover. But I don't know now if I need to start on TMNT Universe #16, TMNT #76 or Batman/TMNT #1. I wish IDW made it clear in what exact order the books should be read in their recaps in the front of each issue.
You don't have to worry about the second Batman/TMNT crossover if you don't want to since it's not canon.

You could read TMNTU #16 and #17 before or after the Invasion of the Triceratons arc (you might as well read it first since it's done and IotT still has a few issues to go). TMNTU #18 takes place during IotT but it's not immediately clear yet when exactly it fits in; it's likely pretty flexible and not a huge deal if you read it or TMNT #78 first

The IDW chronology page on the Turtlepedia site stays updated more regularly than this thread since Nines has been gone ()
Old 01-09-2018, 09:04 AM   #271
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
@ToTheNines

Do you know when this will be updated? I use this thread to determine in what order I need to read the main book, TMNT Universe and any mini-series. I haven't read anything past TMNT Ghostbusters 2 #5 until this updates.
Sorry, updated as accurately as possible.

From The Heart For The Herd is all a flashback to mostly right before the past scenes in Utrom Empire. However, narratively, I think it leads into the Invasion arc quite nicely. An argument could be made for reading it before Trial of Krang somewhere, as an introduction to Zom. But I think that spoils the reveal that they’re headed for Earth.

Not even going to bother placing Tricera-tots. They just tie in with the main story of 16 and 17.

Just read the preview for 78. There’s been a time jump, so that allows Universe 18 to be read beforehand without messing up the flow.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:50 AM   #272
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Welcome back, Nines

I'm super curious to see what the fallout from the Triceraton invasion is in the comic solicitations for April and what direction IDW takes the story
Old 01-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #273
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
timeline stuff
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:38 PM   #274
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Sorry, updated as accurately as possible.

From The Heart For The Herd is all a flashback to mostly right before the past scenes in Utrom Empire. However, narratively, I think it leads into the Invasion arc quite nicely. An argument could be made for reading it before Trial of Krang somewhere, as an introduction to Zom. But I think that spoils the reveal that they’re headed for Earth.

Not even going to bother placing Tricera-tots. They just tie in with the main story of 16 and 17.

Just read the preview for 78. There’s been a time jump, so that allows Universe 18 to be read beforehand without messing up the flow.
Awesome! Thank you for updating it. I can now pick up reading where I left off.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:23 PM   #275
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Have we had any kind of confirmation of the reading order from Universe #9-10 to present yet, or is the list here just educated guesswork by the thread OP?
It seems pretty close either way.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:58 PM   #276
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

So where does the macro Mikey fit in because he tries not to get the kids turn into ninjas but in issue 86 he scared that splinter will do that to them.
Teddygaming reviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:35 PM   #277
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Right before issue 86, I would say.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:53 AM   #278
Igglet

I asked Bobby the same question, actually. Donnie's and Mikey's Macros take place before Battle Lines, while the Leo and Raph ones take place after.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:11 PM   #279
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

I do not think "Bebop and Rocksteady Hit The Road" chronologically comes after TMNT #85. In 1 issue Agent Ravenwood says "Agent Bishop is currently in over his head with New York's mutant underground and being the world's worst candidate to make first contact". These are #76-#80 issues.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:26 PM   #280
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
I do not think "Bebop and Rocksteady Hit The Road" chronologically comes after TMNT #85. In 1 issue Agent Ravenwood says "Agent Bishop is currently in over his head with New York's mutant underground and being the world's worst candidate to make first contact". These are #76-#80 issues.
That line was referring the Triceraton Invasion - Issues 81 - 84 - the 'first contact' part being the big clue to this.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
timeline