The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 09-04-2017, 03:27 AM   #21
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Yes and no. The arresting officer was wrong here. No disagreement there. From my limited understanding, not being a cop but having some aquaintances that are, they don't in public step up and correct each other by their training. Had it been just 2 or 3 cops, yeah say something and calm crazy down. Hopefully the "onlookers" said lt crazy was off his rock once at the station rather than backing him. Hey're supposed to be unified in the field...
That's horrifying, and sends out a message that cops acting illegally, abusing their power is a-okay for the other cops just standing there looking like a bunch of jackwagons.

The other cops should have done their job and apprehended the guy trying to use his power to commit a crime.

But then again, the attempt to get unconsented blood from the off-duty cop that was injuries in the crash caused by the badly handled high speed chase, was trying to get something incriminating from the blood report just in case a lawsuit would happen. So they're all corrupt cops.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:44 AM   #22
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

What's interesting to me is that this guy did this while wearing a body cam.

So either he was so scared out of his mind that's something he had done earlier that day was so incriminating he wasn't thinking clearly.

Or he was so corrupt that he was sure he'd get away with it regardless of the footage.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:16 AM   #23
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post

I agree with you guys that not all cops are like that. I've interacted with some really nice police officers throughout the years who were kind and that genuinely wanted to help people. It's those other jerks that let their authority get to their heads that are the issue. I'm sure there are more good officers out there than bad ones, but with the media and social networks only reporting on the bad stuff, it's made things seem a lot worse than they are.
I've found cops to be helpful if I've had to ask for directions, when a house I lived in got broken into, when I've been in car accidents (even the one that was my fault), and when I called them because I thought I heard someone strange in my apartment when I came home one day. Getting pulled over always sucks, but at least most of the ones who did that to me kept it limited to the necessary procedures. It was just one cop I had a bad experience with that when he pulled me over, decided to take it to a whole next level. It's apparently the only time I got pulled over for what they call "DWB". So I don't hate cops. I just know that I need to have my wits about me when dealing with them.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:53 AM   #24
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I've found cops to be helpful if I've had to ask for directions, when a house I lived in got broken into, when I've been in car accidents (even the one that was my fault), and when I called them because I thought I heard someone strange in my apartment when I came home one day. Getting pulled over always sucks, but at least most of the ones who did that to me kept it limited to the necessary procedures. It was just one cop I had a bad experience with that when he pulled me over, decided to take it to a whole next level. It's apparently the only time I got pulled over for what they call "DWB". So I don't hate cops. I just know that I need to have my wits about me when dealing with them.
I have been pulled over one time in my life... for driving as a teenaged white male in a sports car at 1am... 3 cops... 1 in front, 2 behind... 2 left just before the third proceeded to make surehis high beems were in my mirrors and as I moved side to side opposite him to keep his headlights out of my mirrors, he flipped on the flashing lights (at the town line). I cracked the window, grabbed my id and paperwork and waited. He asked if I knew why he pulled me over, said I had crossed the median and asked if I was drinking. I answered honestly, saying I don't drink and that it looked like his high beems were on and I moved side to side in order to see. He laughed, went to his car and then came back a few minutes later and I didn't get a ticket. The next day, I told my friend, whose house I had been at before about what happened and she told her father, who apparently knew the Cheif of police and this cop & his buddies left me alone from there on out.

And I could have actually been pulled over a month ago as I hadn't put my new stickers on my plates (stupid registration) and the cop had followed closely and then distantly for quite a few miles before turning off. Likely he decided not to waste his time or mine, just to remind me it was August and no longer July... lol. I was house sitting and forgot.... lol

Anyways...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:41 AM   #25
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Definitely agree with Maczaps and Nines here. The media often says that law enforcement is bad when it is only a select few who abuse their position while others are out there doing their job and helping and protecting the streets. I have a very healthy respect for cops because two of my cousins are cops and are probably the greatest guys any of you will know.
You are right, in every profession you find rotten apples. Many true policemen give their lives for others. Thugs like this man should be fired for good. My sister and two of cousins are nurses and they are always ready to help their patients. That nurse should sue that policeman.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:39 AM   #26
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The nurse has been interviewed about this incident.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/utah-nurse-...043218740.html
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:25 PM   #27
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ut...b7Kz&ocid=iehp

cop was fired

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Utah police officer who was caught on video roughly handcuffing a nurse because she refused to allow a blood draw was fired Tuesday in a case that became a flashpoint in the ongoing national conversation about police use of force.

Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown made the decision after an internal investigation found evidence Detective Jeff Payne violated department policies when he arrested nurse Alex Wubbels and dragged her out of the hospital as she screamed on July 26, said Sgt. Brandon Shearer, a spokesman for the department.

Attorney Greg Skordas has said Payne served the department well for nearly three decades and questioned whether his behavior warranted termination. He couldn't immediately be reached for comment Tuesday.

Payne's supervisor, Lt. James Tracy, was also demoted to officer. His lawyer, Ed Brass, couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

The case received widespread attention after the body-camera video was released by Wubbels and her lawyer in late August. Her lawyer didn't have immediate comment on the decision to fire Payne.

It showed her explaining that hospital policy required a warrant or formal consent to draw blood from the patient who had been injured in a car crash.

The patient wasn't suspected of wrongdoing. He was an off-duty reserve Idaho police officer driving a semitrailer when he was hit by a man fleeing police in a pickup truck.

Payne nevertheless insisted, saying the evidence would protect the man. Payne told Wubbels his supervisor said he should arrest her if she didn't allow the blood draw. Tracy arrived on scene after the arrest and forcefully told a handcuffed Wubbels that she should have allowed the blood draw. She was later released without charge.

Both officers came under investigation and were placed on paid administrative leave after the video became public. Salt Lake City police also apologized and changed their policies in line with Wubbels' position.

Prosecutors, meanwhile, opened a criminal investigation into the arrest and asked the FBI to probe for possible civil rights violations.

Payne was also fired from a part-time job as a paramedic after he was caught on camera saying he'd take transient patients to the University of Utah hospital where Wubbels worked and take the "good patients" elsewhere as retribution.

Payne had previously been disciplined in 2013 after internal-affairs investigators confirmed that he sexually harassed a female co-worker in a "persistent and severe" way.

His tenure has also brought commendations for solving burglary cases as recently as 2011 and a being shot in the shoulder during a traffic stop in 1998.

Tracy, meanwhile, has risen to through the ranks since he was hired in 1995, earning commendations for drug and burglary investigations. He was reprimanded in 1997 for moving two handcuffed people from one location to another a few miles away and releasing them without documenting the incident

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:00 AM   #28
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

About freaking time.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:53 PM   #29
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Kinda wish he was arrested but this good too.