The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-16-2017, 07:47 AM   #41
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
If only Peter Laird knew this, he might have kept writing Mirage Volume 4!
Fun fact: Peter Laird stopped writing volume 4 in an attempt to kill cybercubed. He will resume work on the title if cubed ceases posting on Internet forums.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:45 AM   #42
Vegita-San
Emperor

i'm ready for this one to end..and i hope the next one will be a bit more cohesive in what it wants to be...should be more rewarding that way.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:53 AM   #43
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
i'm ready for this one to end..and i hope the next one will be a bit more cohesive in what it wants to be...should be more rewarding that way.
I'm feeling stubborn about the new show, course I'll take a look at it but I can't imagine I'll like it as much.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:12 AM   #44
snake
Disgusting

Eh. I'm so burnt out from the sporadic airing that I've gotten over the show ending awhile ago. I'm really looking forward to watching it as a whole and looking at the big picture.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:34 AM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm going to marathon the entire show in about 2 weeks or however long it takes me after it ends.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:26 AM   #46
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

This was easily one of the best iterations for me - I had no interest in 2k3 and very little in TMNT07. This show really piqued my interest and grabbed me.

Its had ups and downs, and I have hated that its so often had to drop good or interesting plot hooks because of time restraints or inconsistent writing, but I have really enjoyed it. Its easily the reason I've gotten back into the turtles fandom after years away from it.

I've loved that this show made the effort (however shakily at times) to really expand on its characters - making each so much more than a singular gimmick and really drawing us in with the dynamics of the group. Not merely within the main cast, but within the villains as well. I love the Nick version of Shredder and his internal conflicts, I've thoroughly enjoyed Karai's arc and its been a pleasure to 'get to know' the characters like Fishface and Rahzar as more than just comic incompetent henchmen. In fact, its been awesome that almost nothing has been an 'incompetent' henchmen and the show has kept a sense of threat throughout!

So my thanks to the writing team - to Ciro and Brandon for putting up with the fans gripes and relentless speculating - and giving us a brilliantly rounded Turtles that I feel will be sorely missed in the years coming.

And on a similar note, my thanks also to the Drome members who have made the show that much more interesting with their thoughts and views - however much I have disagreed with them on occasion. Special thanks to Reddy as well for allowing those of us struggling to watch the newer eps to keep up! To you especially I say;

Farewell and adieu

Thanks guys, looking forward to rolling out the last of the series with you!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:37 AM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
This was easily one of the best iterations for me - I had no interest in 2k3
Why is that, exactly?
Old 09-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #48
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

To be honest I think it was a combination of music and design. I have since given it another chance and I have found some episodes I do like. But mostly I find its just not for me

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:09 PM   #49
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
This was easily one of the best iterations for me - I had no interest in 2k3 and very little in TMNT07. This show really piqued my interest and grabbed me.

Its had ups and downs, and I have hated that its so often had to drop good or interesting plot hooks because of time restraints or inconsistent writing, but I have really enjoyed it. Its easily the reason I've gotten back into the turtles fandom after years away from it.

I've loved that this show made the effort (however shakily at times) to really expand on its characters - making each so much more than a singular gimmick and really drawing us in with the dynamics of the group. Not merely within the main cast, but within the villains as well. I love the Nick version of Shredder and his internal conflicts, I've thoroughly enjoyed Karai's arc and its been a pleasure to 'get to know' the characters like Fishface and Rahzar as more than just comic incompetent henchmen. In fact, its been awesome that almost nothing has been an 'incompetent' henchmen and the show has kept a sense of threat throughout!

So my thanks to the writing team - to Ciro and Brandon for putting up with the fans gripes and relentless speculating - and giving us a brilliantly rounded Turtles that I feel will be sorely missed in the years coming.

And on a similar note, my thanks also to the Drome members who have made the show that much more interesting with their thoughts and views - however much I have disagreed with them on occasion. Special thanks to Reddy as well for allowing those of us struggling to watch the newer eps to keep up! To you especially I say;

Farewell and adieu

Thanks guys, looking forward to rolling out the last of the series with you!
What a nice send off to the show.
I too loved Karai's story (not all of how they played it out) even though she wasn't one of the main characters she was a strong one with significance.
I wish I hadn't only discovered this show last spring, it's still new to me even though I've seen all the seasons.

Just sometimes, this Shredder has reminded me of Darth Vader, has anyone else felt that or is it just me?
Old 09-17-2017, 07:44 PM   #50
asfaloth12
Thug

Wow...I can't believe it's almost over. This show started at the beginning of my Internal Medicine Residency. I remember being in the call room on some Sunday mornings on my inpatient rotation (there was a TV in there) if I was lucky enough to have downtime in the morning, crossing my fingers and hoping that nobody would page me until the episode was over. And now it's ending.... after my subsequent fellowship has ended and my training has been completed

It's been a great ride. This show is now one of my favorite incarnations of TMNT (and it battles with the 2003 series and the 1990 movie for my #1 favorite). When it began, I was not expecting to like it so much, but it has been so much fun. This may very well be my favorite Splinter (fantastic performance by Hoon Lee); and perhaps my favorite Shredder as well (Kevin Michael Richardson, you are awesome). Loved Karai's arc (great job, Kelly Hu!). The turtle designs are great (only rivaled by the CGI movie designs). All four turtles are adorable, and I loved each of their personalities; We were lucky to have such talented actors voicing them, too! (including Samwise himself, Sean Astin!). And who could forget Ice Cream Kitty?

I have to be honest; I'm not too enthused about the finale, from what the clips have shown us so far. That said, I would be thrilled to be wrong.
Luckily, there has not been an episode that I've truly disliked in this series (even the more "meh" episodes were still enjoyable). Worst case scenario: if the finale sucks, there will be only 3 episodes out of all 5 seasons that I truly dislike. Which is far better than many shows I've watched. In that case, I'll be disappointed since this series deserves a kick-ass finale...but then, I'll shrug my shoulders, be grateful for the many good episodes we got, proceed to pretend the finale never existed, and go back and enjoy the rest of the series again
Old 09-18-2017, 12:10 AM   #51
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's not over until the fat lady sings.

It's weird how fast it went by though. I still remember the Nick shows debut way back in 2012....that really was 5 years ago though. It certainly doesn't feel like it. I guess the passage of time as an adult is different. To little kids who grew up with this show it probably felt like a long time for them.
Yup, it certainly did feel like a longtime for me haha. I loved the show. Sad to see it go.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:33 AM   #52
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

The first 2 seasons were released on bluray. Anyone heard word on the rest being planned for collected sets?
Old 09-18-2017, 08:09 AM   #53
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
The first 2 seasons were released on bluray.
Since when?
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:57 AM   #54
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

That was the best show for me! Finaly i killed Splinter !! Cant wait to kill him again!!
Old 09-19-2017, 03:18 AM   #55
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
That was the best show for me! Finaly i killed Splinter !! Cant wait to kill him again!!
Yes, that's what we call overkill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
The first 2 seasons were released on bluray. Anyone heard word on the rest being planned for collected sets?
What? When?? Where? How come no promo?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:31 PM   #56
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

[QUOTE=Shark_Blade;1715588]Yes, that's what we call overkill.

Yes that overkill. It will be another Splinter since this one is dead . I will kill Splinters in all universes!!!
Old 09-19-2017, 02:03 PM   #57
newfan
Mad Scientist

[QUOTE=shredder orokusaki;1715696]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Yes, that's what we call overkill.

Yes that overkill. It will be another Splinter since this one is dead . I will kill Splinters in all universes!!!
Well not in the next show.... seen as there's no Shredder, apparently.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #58
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Since when?
Woops, sorry, DVD!

Still, DVD or Bluray doesn't bother me much either way. I just want the full series released in season bundles or a complete series bundle to own the show.

I was really hoping the renewed popularity would spur the 2k3 series to get a series release, but...
Old 09-19-2017, 02:28 PM   #59
CyberCubed
Overlord

I fully expect the Nick cartoon to get blu-ray sets after the last few DVDs come out finish off Season 5.

They're likely waiting to make money off these cheap DVD releases before they go blu-ray. Once you go HD you never go back.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:40 PM   #60
Chris
Mad Scientist

[QUOTE=newfan;1715703]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post

Well not in the next show.... seen as there's no Shredder, apparently.
There's not?! Wow, I missed that bit of news!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote