The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 05:18 AM   #281
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

Hey guys, apologize for possibly asking a question that may of been discussed here but i got this awesome dvd/Turtle van set for Christmas and after finishing the first 5 season 1 episodes instead of being the last disc 1 episode (according to episode summary book it was sopposed to be time for season 2 disc 2) a 6th episode started to play called "The beginning of the end" which according to episode summary SHOULD be season 10 disc 23.

Anyone know what the deal is here? I just stopped the out of sequence 6th disc 1 episode and popped in disc 2 season 2 in correct sequence "Return of Shredder" episode, but im concerned the entire set be be out of wack once i get to season 10.
STORMSHADOW__210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #282
CyberCubed
Overlord

For the last time the Season 10 eps are also on the last DVD.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #283
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior

there are a few "bonus" eps on the season 1 disc from season 10.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #284
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
So, my fiancee was nice enough to get me this for Christmas. Finally hauled it out to watch a couple episodes tonight.

Is anyone else not a fan of the packaging? It looks slick, but I'm worried as hell every time I take the discs out. I feel like the readable side of disc 23 is going to get nicked every time I take the lid on and off, and it's way too easy to scratch the back of the disc in front of whichever one you're taking out. I have most, but not all, of the volume/season releases as back-ups, but yikes. The fact that there's nowhere to put the booklet in the actual case kind of bothers me as well.

Am I just being overly cautious? On a related note, what's my easiest option if I want to get 23 discs into one or several conventional DVD cases/fat packs? Any purchase suggestions?
wath with paper sleeve fore cd rom to put the disks in,they shoued fit in the box.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #285
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
For the last time the Season 10 eps are also on the last DVD.
Seriously? For a person who requires so much patience, you really ought to try exhibiting some.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #286
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Hey guys,

Sorry I'm late to the party but I actually bought The Complete Classic Collection. I'm hearing mixed reviews from everybody so half of me is regretting buying it.

My main concern is the packaging of the discs. Some say it's the best packaging in a DvD set they ever seen, while others are bashing it and keeping their individual sets.

Anyone on here bought the set and as soon as they pulled a disc out it got scratched ? The box set reminds me a lot of the Toy Story: The Ultimate Toy Box Collection. So was it bad idea to buy this ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61Nm5kkcoVL.jpg (33.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 61LUdhs0W0L.jpg (83.6 KB, 18 views)
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #287
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin G View Post
Hey guys,

Sorry I'm late to the party but I actually bought The Complete Classic Collection. I'm hearing mixed reviews from everybody so half of me is regretting buying it.

My main concern is the packaging of the discs. Some say it's the best packaging in a DVD set they ever seen, while others are bashing it and keeping their individual sets.

Anyone on here bought the set and as soon as they pulled a disc out it got scratched? The box set reminds me a lot of the Toy Story: The Ultimate Toy Box Collection. So was it bad idea to buy this?
If you're not a total klutz, then you shouldn't really have anything to worry about. I take care of my things, although I tend to make a wrong move at times and screw things up. Look at my review, and you'll see what I mean. Still though, I'll try to be careful about putting the discs in and taking them out, and taking the cover off and putting it back on.

I'm thinking what would have been better is having light square-shaped cardboard sleeves for each disc, and molding the grooves in the van so that the sleeves fit in well.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #288
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
My main concern is the packaging of the discs. Some say it's the best packaging in a DvD set they ever seen, while others are bashing it and keeping their individual sets.
I voiced the same concern just a little bit ago. I've only had mine for a few days, so obviously I haven't experienced any disc-ruining incidents yet. But I definitely hit the back of disc 23 a few times when I first took the lid on and off, and every time I take a disc out, I seem to scrape the one in front of it slightly (they're just too close together). Again, no visible damage yet, but I see this being a problem over time and am definitely considering either getting some sleaves or transferring them into some multi-DVD cases.

I don't regret the purchase though. It's just that, while I'm sure the packaging probably isn't too problematic if you're careful, you can't tell me the discs wouldn't last longer in more conventional cases.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #289
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Thanks guys

I decided to cancel my purchase for the complete classics collection. I have OCD and I'm afraid that if I keep taking the top lid off it will scratch the last disc, or if I take a disc out it will scratch the disc behind it. I went on Amazon to read the reviews and no one wrote about the packaging of the disc, all they really spoke about was how nostalgic it is, one person took a picture of it saying the discs don't touch, but I find that very hard to believe since I saw the slots that holds the discs and they are very thin.

I also noticed that most of the reviews are all from women giving it to their boyfriends, so this really is a "great gift idea" then a solid review.

I'm going to keep my individuals, although I wanted the box set for storage space and this way I have all the discs in one set. But for $79 plus tax which is $90 I want to get my money's worth. Yeah I shouldn't complain for 23 discs but I take good care of my discs and don't want to buy something that will easily scratch a disc.

I think if your the type of person who doesn't care about getting your disc's scratch or is going not open the box set for collector's purposes then you wouldn't mind buying it. But when I want to watch an episode or when I have kids I would like to have them watch this so it will be problematic taking the discs out.

Man what a bummer.

Last edited by Kevin G; 12-30-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #290
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Thanks guys

I decided to cancel my purchase for the complete classics collection. I have OCD and I'm afraid that if I keep taking the top lid off it will scratch the last disc, or if I take a disc out it will scratch the disc behind it. I went on Amazon to read the reviews and no one wrote about the packaging of the disc, all they really spoke about was how nostalgic it is, one person took a picture of it saying the discs don't touch, but I find that very hard to believe since I saw the slots that holds the discs and they are very thin.
I have the set, so I can tell you that the discs actually DON'T touch. Since you have OCD though, you seem to be doing right not getting the set.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #291
CyberCubed
Overlord

At this point it probably costs more to track down the individual season sets than the Turtle Van boxset.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #292
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Quote:
At this point it probably costs more to track down the individual season sets than the Turtle Van boxset.
Actually, purchasing the sets separately is a lot cheaper then purchasing the box set. Amazon has volume one for $ 4.99 and volume two is $6.50

The most you will spend on a set is $19.73 which is for season four.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #293
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Actually, purchasing the sets separately is a lot cheaper then purchasing the box set. Amazon has volume one for $ 4.99 and volume two is $6.50

The most you will spend on a set is $19.73 which is for season four.
You do remember Season 3 was split across 4 DVD sets, right?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #294
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Quote:
You do remember Season 3 was split across 4 DVD sets, right?
Yeah... the volumes and seasons are ridiculously cheap is the point I'm trying to make. You said that it would cost more buying the sets individually then buying the Turtle Van box set, well the most you would be paying for a 1987 TMNT DvD is $19
Old 01-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #295
CyberCubed
Overlord

So what does 13 DVD releases come out to then? Isn't it almost the same?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #296
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Depends on where you buy them.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #297
Longview01
Foot Soldier

I've just ordered one of these and can't wait for it to get here!
Longview01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #298
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Depends on where you buy them.
with shipping costs, the turtles van is a better deal. Easier and faster as well.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #299
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview01 View Post
I've just ordered one of these and can't wait for it to get here!
Same, can't wait for mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
If you're not a total klutz, then you shouldn't really have anything to worry about. I take care of my things, although I tend to make a wrong move at times and screw things up. Look at my review, and you'll see what I mean. Still though, I'll try to be careful about putting the discs in and taking them out, and taking the cover off and putting it back on.

I'm thinking what would have been better is having light square-shaped cardboard sleeves for each disc, and molding the grooves in the van so that the sleeves fit in well.
Thanks for your review. I know just how to overcome the scratches. There's a shop that sells round plastic cd covers real cheap, I can slip them on each discs to protect them!

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 01-30-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #300
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Still would've liked a Technodrome package! Would've been cool to get a choice, either turtle van or the Drome

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote