Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 11:18 AM   #441
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
We need a separate board for it.
We will but first we got to... Well, have more info. There's basically nothing to talk about right now.
Hahahaha!
Old 03-29-2017, 11:33 AM   #442
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
We will but first we got to... Well, have more info. There's basically nothing to talk about right now.
Ohmigosh have you heard about the new show?? There's a new show coming! New show coming in 2018!

Yeah, it will be nice when we actually get some promo material, a logo and initial character designs at least. I imagine this show will premiere maybe early next summer so we have a while though
Old 03-29-2017, 11:53 AM   #443
CyberCubed
Overlord

It really depends what the show is. If it's a show at least similar to the Nick show in terms of action/comedy, then it'll most likely generate a lot of discussion.

On the hand if it's an all comedy/parody show with virtually no action or plotlines like Teen Titans Go, I imagine there won't be many people here who will follow it but a few.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:16 PM   #444
Vundi
Hench Mutant

If they do it like the Vasquez SDCC short, I'd be down! I don't think the Samurai Jack art style lends itself to TMNT very well.

https://youtu.be/JQNZcBTOgt8
Old 03-29-2017, 08:58 PM   #445
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It really depends what the show is. If it's a show at least similar to the Nick show in terms of action/comedy, then it'll most likely generate a lot of discussion.

On the hand if it's an all comedy/parody show with virtually no action or plotlines like Teen Titans Go, I imagine there won't be many people here who will follow it but a few.
We'd probably get an influx of new members like whenever any new forms of tmnt media hits.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 03-29-2017, 09:43 PM   #446
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
We'd probably get an influx of new members like whenever any new forms of tmnt media hits.
Which is always fun. It brings some freshness to the forum. Even the sh*tstorm of '14 was fun to watch when that toyfair picture of the designs leaked and a 40 page thread of new members fighting happened over the course of one night. The whole section got shut down for awhile.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:50 PM   #447
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Yeah, and then the TMNT fandom will once again be split by those who like the 80s series, 4Kids series, Nick series, and now this new 2018 series.

There will be a group of people who will see the 2018 series as there first exposure to TMNT, Kind of like what happened with the Nick series.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:53 PM   #448
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yeah, and then the TMNT fandom will once again be split by those who like the 80s series, 4Kids series, Nick series, and now this new 2018 series.

There will be a group of people who will see the 2018 series as there first exposure to TMNT
I doubt they'll be joining until a decade later. Almost every kid today knows of the 2012 show, even if they've never watched it.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:32 PM   #449
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
There will be a group of people who will see the 2018 series as there first exposure to TMNT, Kind of like what happened with the Nick series.
Boy, will I feel bad for those people.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:54 AM   #450
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well we still have no idea what the 2018 show will actually be like, so let's wait and see before feeling sorry for kids.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:36 AM   #451
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I wonder how much of the changes the 2012 show did will carry over. Will Rises Mikey have a kusarigama, Maybe Donnie will have a naginata permanently instead of a bo, or for more practical design have a hanbo. I really really hope Leo continues to have accurate daiso instead of "twinkatana".

And how much will their overall design reflect the previous show, will they have a complete overhaul, or just minor tweaks in a new artstyle. Maybe remove the wrappings by Playmates suggestions

Who will Karai be a daughter too this time around?
Old 04-02-2017, 11:13 AM   #452
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I wonder how much of the changes the 2012 show did will carry over. Will Rises Mikey have a kusarigama, Maybe Donnie will have a naginata permanently instead of a bo, or for more practical design have a hanbo. I really really hope Leo continues to have accurate daiso instead of "twinkatana".

And how much will their overall design reflect the previous show, will they have a complete overhaul, or just minor tweaks in a new artstyle. Maybe remove the wrappings by Playmates suggestions

Who will Karai be a daughter too this time around?
Uh, well, here are a couple of pitches how that will be:
  1. It's basically a cheaper to make sequel with minimal continuity
  2. It's similar to but distinct from the current show
  3. It has a few things taken from it but is generally it's own thing
  4. It has basically nothing from from the current show.
  5. It's essentially a remake of the FW cartoon with next to nothing to do with other versions.
  6. Viacom has finally woken up and realised if that strategy didn't work for OotS, why bother having anything to do with the FW cartoon?
  7. Viacom decides to start from scratch and just gives the new crew copies of the Ultimate Collection to see what they come up with.
  8. They go even furtherand give them literally everything they can get their hands on.

And even though these options are in a list, the truth is that they are on a spectrum with everything else that conseive between them. Good luck figuring it with only a blurb...
Hahahaha!
Old 04-06-2017, 08:11 AM   #453
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I really really hope Leo continues to have accurate daiso instead of "twinkatana".
At the very least, I'd be cool with them just calling his swords ninjato. Which is what they always were before Nick anyways.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:47 AM   #454
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
At the very least, I'd be cool with them just calling his swords ninjato. Which is what they always were before Nick anyways.
Nah, he had katana (or referred to as such) in Mirage, Fred Wolf and Other Strangness (proper daisho in the rpg).

Plus ninjato are stupid.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:36 AM   #455
ToTheNines
[sic]

As per my memory, pretty much every artist has drawn them straight, rather than curved. But yeah, they've always been called katana.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #456
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
And we know what kind of "members" those are, don't we?

Old 04-06-2017, 10:53 AM   #457
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Quote:
As per my memory, pretty much every artist has drawn them straight, rather than curved.
Except Dooney. I think he's always kept the curve.

But yeah, they're supposed to be katana. Technically they should be daisho, with one katana and one wakizashi, but it's not.

"Ninjatos" are FAKE swords made by Hollywood. There is no historical context for them, they're a HOAX.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:55 AM   #458
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
And we know what kind of "members" those are, don't we?

http://blog.ishopstark.com/wp-conten...n_July_4th.jpg
well, at least as far as the PD Movies where concerned i'd agree with that.

there is enough in the new show to like that i think we could have gotten legit new members.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:01 AM   #459
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
there is enough in the new show to like that i think we could have gotten legit new members.
True. Though I could still see TPTB requisitioning a handful of plants to seed on forums around the "sensitive" premiere date to get in old fans' faces to tell them how wrong they are not to like every aspect of the new show, and how awesome everything is about the new show (you know, the whole rule about... if you hear 1 person say a thing, you ignore it, you hear 2 people say a thing, you take note, 3 or 4 people say a thing, you begin to subconsciously take it as a given, etc.). At least for a little while.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #460
Vegita-San
Emperor

Not to be all conspiracy theorist, but i have no doubt this happens these days. for whatever end purpouse, since it never wins anyone over, I don't know. But it has to be some kind of warped millenial thinking that everyone has to like everything at all times or ooh, trolling.

but if that happened, then cubed will feel...help me with a better word, un unique..
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters