The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 12:49 AM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Games you've bought the most times?

With all the classic games being reported and remade surely you've done this before for a few titles?

I'd say the NES SMB games and SMW. Not only I own the originals but I also own both the SNES and Wii versions of All-Stars and also the Super Mario Advance titles(except the one that contains SMB2).

Then come Ocarina of Time, Mega Man 2, Zelda 1, F-Zero and Sonic 1 in a tie.. Let me see, own Ocarina on the N64, GameCube(came in the same box as Wind Waker with also the master quest) and also own the 3DS remake of it.

Sonic 1 was my first Genesis/Mega Drive game, then bought the Sonic Mega Collection for the GameCube and the "3D remake" of it for the 3DS.

Mega Man 2? Own the Nes version, own the GC version of Mega Man Anniversary Collection and also bought the game off the Nintendo eShop.

As for F-Zero, own the SNES version, Wii VC version and 3DS VC version of it.

And finally, Zelda 1, own the NES cartridge still, the GBA version and also bought it off the Nintendo eShop on the 3DS.

Games I bought twice now? Majora's Mask, Mega Man 3 and Donkey Kong Country. Majora's owning the original and the 3DS remake. MM 3 the AC version and the 3DS VC version of it. And DKC own the GBC remake and own it also on the Wii VC.

...damn had not realised I've done this several times hahaha. What about you?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:56 AM   #2
Gin Rummy
Stone Warrior

I'm a sucker for remasters of old games I've played, but as far as a single game that I have purchased the most alternate copies of, that would have to be Resident Evil 4... I own it on Gamecube, PS2, Wii, 360, Steam, and PS4.

All I need now is a copy for my Xbone!
Old 04-06-2017, 04:10 AM   #3
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Must be FF7, because I bought a physical copy, digital for PSP and the remaster for PS4. If the remake will be good, I'll buy that, too.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:15 AM   #4
Ninjinister
無問題

Pac-Man. Just off the top of my head - Atari 2600, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, the NES and Game Boy versions on 3DS, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, plus multiple compilations and with its pack-in as Pac-Man World for PS1 and on PS3.

Second would probably be Streets of Rage 2 (my actual favorite game ever). Genesis, Game Gear, 3DS, Wii, Steam, PS3, and Xbox 360.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:13 AM   #5
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Super Mario Bros. 1-3: NES, SNES & Wii (Super Mario All-Stars), 3DS (eShop)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: N64, GameCube (Ocarina of Time: Master Quest & The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition), 3DS

The Legend of Zelda & Zelda II: The Adventure of Link: NES, 3DS (eShop), GameCube (Ocarina of Time: Master Quest & The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition)

Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japanese version): SNES & Wii (Super Mario All-Stars), Wii Virtual Console, 3DS (eShop)

Metroid: NES, GameCube (Metroid Prime), GBA (Metroid: Zero Mission)

There are others, but I just own them in two ways.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:18 AM   #6
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Probably the new Smash Brothers. Wii U, 3DS, all the DLC, and if it comes to the Switch, I'm getting it again.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:45 AM   #7
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I usually stick to buying one version of a game, but I did buy TiT Re-Shelled on PS3 and 360. I also got OotS on PC and 360, probably on PS3 as well but I can't remember.

Oh yeah, I also have SMB on NES and 3DS and Pokemon Blue on GB and 3DS
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:30 PM   #8
Ninjinister
無問題

Come to think of it, I have a lot of copies of SMB1 as well. The Duck Hunt and Duck Hunt/Track Meet carts on NES, All-Stars + World on SNES, All-Stars on Wii, 3DS VC version, GBA (Japanese) version, plus Deluxe on GBC and 3DS. And then all of the bootle handhelds I have...

I don't think I ever stopped to think about that one.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:35 PM   #9
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Probably the NES Mega Man games, counting 1-5 original carts, the Anniversary Collection on Gamecube, and the Legacy Collection on 3DS and Steam (also bought an extra copy as a gift to a friend).

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:09 PM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The games I've re-bought the most are Pokemon games on the GBA when my cartridges used to break and Counter Strike 1.6.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:20 PM   #11
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Robot Unicorn Attack and Peggle
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:13 PM   #12
Powder
So tired of this place

I guess Smash Bros, if like Cure, you count the 3DS & Wii U joints as kinda one thing. Had R/B/Y when the first Pokemon came out.

I got Wind Waker HD even though I have the Gamecube original, but I chose it as a Club Nintendo reward. Free stuff, yay.

Uhhhh, well, I bought SSB Melee & Super Monkey Ball 2 twice each 'cause my originals were scratched up & I couldn't live without working copies.

Not much of a double dipper overall, really.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:04 PM   #13
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I guess Super Mario RPG. I have the SNES version and the Super Famicon version.

Donkey King Country 2. SNES, Super Famicon, and before I lost it when traveling back to Japan last August. 3DS virtual console.

That's about all I can think of.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:45 PM   #14
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Come to think of it, I have a lot of copies of SMB1 as well. The Duck Hunt and Duck Hunt/Track Meet carts on NES, All-Stars + World on SNES, All-Stars on Wii, 3DS VC version, GBA (Japanese) version, plus Deluxe on GBC and 3DS. And then all of the bootle handhelds I have...

I don't think I ever stopped to think about that one.
Oh I forgot that I also own Super Mario Bros. Deluxe... that's another copy of SMB 1 right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I guess Super Mario RPG. I have the SNES version and the Super Famicon version.

Donkey King Country 2. SNES, Super Famicon, and before I lost it when traveling back to Japan last August. 3DS virtual console.

That's about all I can think of.
My brother originally bought the Japanese version of Super Mario RPG since the game had never been released in Europe and he didn't have an American SNES at the time... then the game gets released half a year later on the Wii Virtual Console . He bought it again, this time actually understanding the text.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:42 AM   #15
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Resident Evil 4 has to be the top one.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:58 AM   #16
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I have attempted on-and-off to rebuild my stolen PS2 game collection - so far I have acquired a small handful of games from what was in my former collection.

I did however buy another Banjo-Kazooie game, and I had that game before. (I was stupid and sold my first cartridge because I needed the $$.)

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:52 AM   #17
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I think I've only ever bought two games more than once. I bought Grim Fandango Remastered, because the original is a pain in the ass to run on modern PCs, and Duke Nukem World Tour Edition, because some SOB borrowed Duke 3D and never gave it back.

I guess I could include Mario All Stars, as I already had Super Mario Bos. when I got that; but it came bundled with my Super NES, so I don't think it counts.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:57 AM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

I bought RE4 three different times. The Gamecube original in 2005, bought the Wii version in 2007, and just recently the PS4 version last year in 2016.

Ironically enough it's never even had a real remake, they're just re-releases with different control schemes and in an HD port.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:06 AM   #19
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

NES Super Mario Bros.
Between the original, versions included on my bootleg consoles, and GBA versions, I have like 5 or 6 of this game. Never get tired of it.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:07 AM   #20
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles: Genesis/Mega Drive, GameCube (Sonic Mega Collection), DS (Sonic Classic Collection) and Wii (Virtual Console)
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote