The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 05-10-2015, 09:20 PM   #8801
Peanut
Second Gear

I bought and played through Broken Age this weekend, which was pretty neat. Act 1 had a great ending, but was sorta easy. Act 2 stumped me hard a few times and had an unsatisfying ending.

I think the most interesting part about the entire thing actually isn't the game itself, but the story around its creation. I urge anyone who even has a passing interest in games and/or game design to check out the ongoingdocumentary that has followed the game since day one, which was recently put up on YouTube for free. It's incredible.

Because that doc gave me some bad feelings for Double Fine, I finally kicked in for the Grim Fandango remaster, which I kept delaying on for one reason or another. I've only played a bit so far, but I think it actually cleaned up real nice.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:21 AM   #8802
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnatello Turtle Chick View Post
Just got "Goat Simulator".... because it exists!!!!!!! Talk about stupid fun. I can't wait to play this some more when some friends of mine are over on Monday.
Oh my god Goat Simulator is great. I just have trouble getting it to work with my controllers.

I finished the first of my birthday games today -- 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. As soon as I picked it up, I could NOT stop playing it. I know it's not a game many here will have played, so I'm going to try to sell you on it:

999 is an M-Rated visual novel/puzzle game on the DS [and it has a very well-received 3DS sequel in Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward] with multiple endings, that deals with nine people playing a life-or-death "game", the goal of which is to escape from a sinking ship in nine hours. To do this, they have to find a door with a 9 on it. Every time they go through numbered doors, they have to seek a way out of the room to continue, which is where the puzzles come in. The rest of the game is a visual novel [a LOT of reading] with forked storyline paths that result in the game's multiple endings. You are basically reading a book with a good number of "escape the room" type point-and-click segments, so don't get mad at me if this isn't your thing.

The storyline is ****ING INCREDIBLE. The writers knew god damn well what they were doing when constructing the plot of this game, which is very thriller/mystery like. I wouldn't recommend it to people that don't like graphic descriptions of gore, but if you can handle the handful of times that happens in the game, you'll walk away loving it, I absolutely guarantee it.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:55 PM   #8803
Peanut
Second Gear

I think Danganronpa is a game made specifically for you, Net.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:48 PM   #8804
raph27
Mad Scientist

Got super lucky and found a copy of Kid Icarus: Uprising at Target today. (Hiding behind the Big Hero 6 game. Weird.) I played through the first three chapters tonight. The controls take some getting used to, though the stand helps, and the graphics are amazing. Voice acting is great too. Still can't believe I got a physical copy of this game for only $30.

On another note, the Kid Icarus AR cards that used to be cheap on Nintendo's online store was discovered by the entirety of Reddit and are now gone.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:31 PM   #8805
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I think Danganronpa is a game made specifically for you, Net.
No way to play it. But the only character I give a damn about is Chihiro.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:41 PM   #8806
Falconhood
Stone Warrior

Anyone here into Disney Infinity? They are HALF price at Target...and tempting.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #8807
Peanut
Second Gear

My nephew plays it and it's terrible. It's poorly designed and has a significant lack of polish.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #8808
snake
Disgusting

Helping my little bro pick out games on the e-shop. He got Metroid and Wario Land 2 so far. Any good recomendations?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:37 PM   #8809
Peanut
Second Gear

How old is he/what's he into/what price rang are you looking at? I hope he has some serious skill/patience to deal with the original Metroid, cause that sh*t is brutal now.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:04 PM   #8810
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
How old is he/what's he into/what price rang are you looking at? I hope he has some serious skill/patience to deal with the original Metroid, cause that sh*t is brutal now.
Nintendo
About 5 or less

He's good at Metroid somehow, without a walkthrough he figured out how to get the morph ball.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:08 AM   #8811
Icebot
Foot Elite

Just played Avatar The Last Airbender The Burning Earth on Game Boy Advance.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:25 PM   #8812
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Nintendo
About 5 or less

He's good at Metroid somehow, without a walkthrough he figured out how to get the morph ball.
Lol my nephew did the same. He's 4, but it took him awhile, because going left in a sidescroller is so against anything he's ever done.

Anyways, get him to try out 3D Kirby's Adventure. Pokemon Rumble World is also a decent amount of fun and it's free, so give that a shot too.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:49 AM   #8813
Falconhood
Stone Warrior

I bought a few...but haven't had time to check-them-out. If anyone has any input on this game, please let me know.
Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes Iron Fist
New purchases by Tsak Knight, on Flickr
Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes Nova and Spider-Man
Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes Power Disc Packs
Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes Hawkeye
Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes Loki
Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes Captain America
Okay here are the ones that I bought yesterday in my massive splurge out of curiosity and because they are half price at target: #Xbox #xbox360 #disneyinfinity by Tsak Knight, on Flickr
Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes Falcon
Okay here are the ones that I bought yesterday in my massive splurge out of curiosity and because they are half price at target: #Xbox #xbox360 #disneyinfinity by Tsak Knight, on Flickr
Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes Hulk
Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes Assault on Asgard and Escape from the Kyln Toy Box Game Discs
Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes Marvel Starter Pack 2.0 with Iron Man, Black Widow, and Thor
Old 05-15-2015, 08:30 AM   #8814
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
I bought a few...but haven't had time to check-them-out. If anyone has any input on this game, please let me know.
It's garbage for children. Skylanders is by far the better of the "toys to life" games.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #8815
Turo602
The King of Kings

Passed Super Mario Bros. 3 yesterday for the first time in my life. Finally decided to commit to it and just got it done. Been way too long but I can die now.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:49 PM   #8816
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Passed Super Mario Bros. 3 yesterday for the first time in my life. Finally decided to commit to it and just got it done. Been way too long but I can die now.
Warps or warpless? Give me the right answer, kid!
Old 05-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #8817
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Finally got Guilty Gear Xrd. This game is soooo pretty.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:38 PM   #8818
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Warps or warpless? Give me the right answer, kid!
You better believe it was warpless! Though, I really should try to get those flutes now that I've completed it.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:05 AM   #8819
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I got Mario Kart 8 yesterday, explaining my forum absence.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:40 AM   #8820
Falconhood
Stone Warrior

Got some more of that Disney Infinity. Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I am guessing that no one has an opinion on this stuff? But, I have some friends that are into it, so thanks to clearance prices, and Target's sale, I'm going to give it a try. Hopefully today.
Haul #disneyinfinity by Tsak Knight, on Flickr

oh, and GameStop is having a blow-out sale, so I got these:
Haul #xbox360 by Tsak Knight, on Flickr

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games