The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Will he remain human?
Yes 28 70.00%
No 12 30.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #41
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Let's wait and see, there could be more to that shoulder clutch moment then we think. Aside from Splinter and Leatherhead getting in some good hits.
Maybe, but I still doubt that will happen.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:01 PM   #42
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

Shredder should remain human, he's already scarred for life both physically and mentally. Not to mention actually caring for Karai, especially the guilt for what happned to her. Leaving a human who hates humans is much more interesting than going down the 'well he hates humans anyway so what the hell lets mutate him'.

In fact, he is one of the only human bad guys which makes him even more interesting. To mutate him just like almost 'every' other character to an animal or god forbid super shredder (I was never a fan - just seems like a dumbed down hulk smash version of one of the most skilled, ruthless, deadly characters of all time) takes away from him not adds to him.
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #43
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Although it would be the one thing that would finally make Shredder snap and lose all sanity, fully giving in to the vengeful rage....

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #44
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaph View Post
Shredder should remain human, he's already scarred for life both physically and mentally. Not to mention actually caring for Karai, especially the guilt for what happned to her. Leaving a human who hates humans is much more interesting than going down the 'well he hates humans anyway so what the hell lets mutate him'.

In fact, he is one of the only human bad guys which makes him even more interesting. To mutate him just like almost 'every' other character to an animal or god forbid super shredder (I was never a fan - just seems like a dumbed down hulk smash version of one of the most skilled, ruthless, deadly characters of all time) takes away from him not adds to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Although it would be the one thing that would finally make Shredder snap and lose all sanity, fully giving in to the vengeful rage....
I'm on board with both of these.

I could only see Shredder being mutated if the show wants him to lose all sanity...but him nonmutated is already threatening for the reasons mentioned by LeoRaph. For this incarnation he works as a flawed human who obviously has some screws loose.

Seriously I could see Shredder like...

Shredder: When I think about him [meaning Splinter] I cut myself!
Tigerclaw: ??
Shredder: It fuels my anger because he caused this pain!!! He's the one cutting into my flesh!! He shall pay with his life.
Tigerclaw: Why do I hang around you again? >_>'
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #45
snake
Disgusting

Anyone have a full list of all the Shredders from 2k3?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:08 PM   #46
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaph View Post

I sincerely hope from the bottom of my heart that the people behind this show are reading your post. It's the strongest argument against theirs being "Because it's shiny."
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 09-21-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:53 PM   #47
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Let's wait and see, there could be more to that shoulder clutch moment then we think. Aside from Splinter and Leatherhead getting in some good hits.
Doubtful. Raphael had Karai Snake spat in his eye, and nothing came of it.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:12 AM   #48
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Doubtful. Raphael had Karai Snake spat in his eye, and nothing came of it.
Nothing has come of it yet. They just haven't had a plot to bring that issue up. Maybe Raph's been getting eye irritation off screen.
Old 12-26-2023, 08:03 PM   #49
neatoman
Emperor

Well, in retrospect, what did you think of his transformation?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 08:30 PM   #50
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It was fitting for such a monster of a man
Old 12-27-2023, 02:31 AM   #51
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I thought it was great. It was fitting, they finally made good use of the Super Shredder concept, and it's probably the reason they were allowed to actually kill him in the end. Good arc, overall.

"If it bleeds green, we can show it on-screen!"
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 01:04 PM   #52
shihe
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Well as much as I hate to admit it, his design makes more sense than past versions. Instead of his shoulder plates mutating, it's as if his skeletal structure mutated into spikes.

The fight went really hard and was very emotional. Think I even cheered when they took him down!
Old 12-30-2023, 06:34 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

Super Shredder was a good idea. As Splinter said to him, "Now you are a monster both inside and outside!" which is very fitting for this version of him.

Also unlike the movie version, this Super Shredder being more of a monster rather than just gaining muscles and height fit too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
foot clan, mutants, nickelodeon, shredder