The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #221
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
are you sure...the head are pretty tiny to have eyeball joints and usually revoltech toys with the switchable heads dont have those
I'm pretty sure they will. When you take their normal face off, you can adjust the eyes from the back of it, that's how the revoltech Woody and Buzz was. Also, the first set of pics that were released, Leo was shown with his pupils while these pics have them whited out.

You can see what I'm talking about in this video around the 4:50 mark

Last edited by sluggedup226; 06-12-2014 at 06:34 PM.
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:35 PM   #222
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggedup226 View Post
I'm pretty sure they will. When you take their normal face off, you can adjust the eyes from the back of it, that's how the revoltech Woody and Buzz was. Also, the first set of pics that were released, Leo was shown with his pupils while these pics have them whited out.
maybe but you gotta remember woody and buzz's heads are bigger...they also have round eyes

More than likely they'll have only the front halves for normal eyes, "mask" eyes, and the "anime" face.

like this

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:57 PM   #223
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Either way, that is amazingly cool, and might make it a biiiit easier to justify the price tag. Maybe?

(eeeeeeeep.)
Old 06-13-2014, 01:21 AM   #224
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
maybe but you gotta remember woody and buzz's heads are bigger...they also have round eyes

More than likely they'll have only the front halves for normal eyes, "mask" eyes, and the "anime" face.

like this
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nuioVO3jIR.../revoed-1b.jpg
The Revoltech figures of both Raiden and Naked Snake from the Metal Bear series have both articulated eyes.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:48 AM   #225
madyankees
Hench Mutant

The awesomeness of this set is unbelievable
madyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:18 AM   #226
the_Archivist
New Recruit

Quote:
They also made some 3"-4" figures of Sully and Mr. Incredible that had movable eyes and those figures had tiny heads. It is very possible for them to make the eyes movable.
the_Archivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:47 AM   #227
SavageSloth
Thug

They do look amazing, but the price is too high in my opinion. I would love to get them, but I think I will be skipping these
SavageSloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:57 AM   #228
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

These figures are so awesome. They are pricey, but well worth it to me. I've been buying all of the Play Arts Kai Batman figures and they can run $100 per figure! They truly are great figures though. I also collect the Kotobukiya DC statues. These Asian figures are definitely putting a hurting on my wallet!!
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:12 AM   #229
Taichi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSloth View Post
They do look amazing, but the price is too high in my opinion. I would love to get them, but I think I will be skipping these
But that's the price you pay for the quality... and please don't take that the wrong way.

You have to understand the person they have in mind for these. While the price might be high, it's clearly in line with other companies.

- Figma
- Figuart
- D-Arts
- Revoltech
- Masterpiece

... and others are all geared for the collector in mind. Plus with these you're more than likely getting the street scenes as well. Revoltechs have a habit of coming with displays (to an extent) unlike Figuarts that not even all come with stands... and if they don't come with displays... they come with a TON of accessories. I wouldn't get too uppity about the price until we actually see what size they are and what they come with.

Also too, you have to remember that there's a ton of work and detail in these. I've had a ton of Revoltechs over the years and they are incredible pieces and hold their own with the other lines.

AND... if you can find them on HLJ or AmiAmi... especially the latter... you'll get a good percentage off the price, sometimes as less as 10% sometimes as much as 30% if you pre-order them, or catch them in stock.
Taichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:31 AM   #230
pingclang
Stone Warrior

The price is pretty steep but my sole Revoltech, Megatron, is my favorite figure in my collection. They are way worth the cost. I will definitely at least buy Raph.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:01 AM   #231
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
right, and agian i an not saying that i dont want it..but even sully has very round eyes in his head compare to the turtles that have more triangle eyes
So? That's just the shape of the eyeholes in the masks. Doesn't mean the eyes have to be the same shape.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #232
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Considering the pictures on the first page of the thread, it looks to me like they each come with a separate head so maybe the white eyes come from a changed face? I mean that huge seam on the head tells me the faces are interchangable so wouldn't it make sense to just change the face for the eyes like the figure Boston posted? Either way, I do hope we can have the whited eyes, mine will never have pupils.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #233
Heather Breckel
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

The price isn't that bad and if you go through Amiami, they're most likely going to be about $40 instead of $50.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...%24pagecnt%3D1 (this is a Figma with a TON of accessories and all the bells and whistles)

Like so. Of course how much they ultimately cost depends on the shipping you get. Yeah, it's a lot for a figure, but that's how much Japanese figures tend to cost. If you wait it out, they're likely to show up a little cheaper on Amazon. But you have to keep in mind that you're paying for quality. Figures like that are going to cost quite a lot more than Playmates' offerings.

And it could always be worst, at least they're not in the RAH line

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...%24pagecnt%3D1
Heather Breckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:58 PM   #234
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingclang View Post
Considering the pictures on the first page of the thread, it looks to me like they each come with a separate head so maybe the white eyes come from a changed face? I mean that huge seam on the head tells me the faces are interchangable so wouldn't it make sense to just change the face for the eyes like the figure Boston posted? Either way, I do hope we can have the whited eyes, mine will never have pupils.
Well, the regular faces can be swapped out for the extreme anime expression faces. There's probably some kind of mechanism inside the regular face to "white out" the eyes.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:48 PM   #235
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wasn't aware of this company until I came across previous pics of those figures recently.

Do they tend to carry the figures for a while? Or are they just gonna release these in limited number and once they're out they're gone?

Not much of a toy collector, but I love how series-accurate these actually are in comparison to most regular figures out there. Though with financial restraints right now I may need to wait until after Christmas should I get any monetary gifts from relatives again.

I hope they can be expected to still be available for a while once out?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #236
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Do they tend to carry the figures for a while? Or are they just gonna release these in limited number and once they're out they're gone?
while not necessarily limited numbers the fall more under the once they are done being made thats it...maybe a 100 a month id say

i wont expect these to stay at 40 forever they sadly will only go up...my advice..preorder when it comes up

Old 06-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #237
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
while not necessarily limited numbers the fall more under the once they are done being made thats it...maybe a 100 a month id say

i wont expect these to stay at 40 forever they sadly will only go up...my advice..preorder when it comes up
Gottcha, thanks for the info!
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:37 PM   #238
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Gottcha, thanks for the info!
should clarify i didnt mean forever id say probably 3 months

Old 06-15-2014, 06:11 PM   #239
Freeman
Hench Mutant

So glad to see these figs coming closer.
We can't say they're cheap, but I belive its a bareable price for all this awesomeness.

Mr Waiter! A full set for me, please.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:09 PM   #240
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

so i also frequent RangerBoard and someone mentioned something that i never thought about

we were talking about the Mighty Morphin Figuarts and how is taken almost a year to finish a whole team

now im not saying it will take a year to finish the turtles but maybe just maybe they will stagger the release of the 4 brothers

i know for me if the full MMPR team wasnt staggered there is no way i could afford them in one giant chunk..so who knows maybe these will work that way as well..

and i know my wallet would be happier if the turtles got a staggered release instead of wabam one full payment

i know people some people are already turned off by the price so maybe this will help

Tags
japan