The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have a problem with the Kraang?
Yes 25 37.88%
No 41 62.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #21
ABrown
Banned

I found them hilarious during the first season. They were pretty much the only thing that kept me watching. I'm not sure if the second season has died down on the Kraang humor, or if I've just gotten kinda tired of them.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #22
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

eeeh..They were okay at first, but they are kinda boring now....(their speech is still amusing, but their episodes are so repetitive)

not really liking their purpose anymore....it would be awesome if their story finished up this season.

I wouldn't mind seeing them later in some outer space story or something later....but not as the turtles' main enemy anymore.

it's time to shift the focus to someone else XD
Old 07-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #23
Leo656
The Franchise

I "got" what they were trying to do with it but don't love the execution. I agree with those who say there's no real reason they couldn't have had a renegade Utrom NAMED Krang/Kraang, or possibly even a renegade species of Utrom called "The Kraang", I guess. Just seems like the standard, "It's all the same anyway, kids don't know" kind of reasoning for changing it. I got what they were trying to do, though.

More than anything, the way they talk ruined it for me inside the first three episodes. That's... funny? I... guess...

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #24
Cipher
Foot Elite

I think they're pretty funny, on the whole, though their plots have veered toward the repetitive side.

I'd love to see more of their attempts to integrate with Earth culture when they're not prepping the latest super weapon though.

I have zero problem with the Utrom/Kraang/Krang approach. There's a remarkable inconsistency across the Turtles multiverse. If anything, I prefer giving this (pretty unique) interpretation their own name, versus the approach IDW took, which was to conflate the traditionally benevolent Utroms with the warlord Krang. Not that I have a huge issue with that either, but it took more getting used to, and I do prefer the Utrom as a completely or mostly kind race because they make such a bizarre addition to the world in that role.

Quote:
Just seems like the standard, "It's all the same anyway, kids don't know" kind of reasoning for changing it.
I don't think that kind of dismissive logic has infected this show at all (at least no more so than any other kids' show, which are filled with conveniences by necessity). If anything, it feels like acknowledging that the two concepts have been linked from day one -- Krang being based on the then barely developed Utroms -- and going with the name and approach that worked best for this incarnation.

Last edited by Cipher; 07-11-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #25
victory_angel
Foot Elite

1987: Krang was a single Alien that had dominion over Dimention X. But was banished and lost his body because of his banishment.

2003; The Utroms were a benevolent race and Ch'rel was the only known bad seed in the group.

2012: The Kraang are a cross between Krang and the Utroms, which makes them all evil and numerous. I don't think they have learned to talk normally because they don't see the point in doing so once they have invaded and mutated Earth to suit their needs.

We only know the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the Kraang and their plans to invade Earth. However there is Kurtzman...and I don't thinks he's all he appears. For example for someone who has been investigating the Kraang for a year, he seems to have at least 10 years worth of information on them. So that may mean he could be one of them...but in the case of Ch'rel so in other words he's the only defector except he's good.

Or maybe the Utroms are the species but Kraang Prime is the only one who is evil and has thus created a group of hive minded followers. In other words once Kraang prime dies the whole hive goes with him.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #26
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

No, not really. Season one I was ok with them, I was hoping the season one final was it for them, that would have been the perfect way to end them. I felt we really didn't need them for season two, they should have focused on the Shredder plot in season two than season three could have been an all new villain.

I was tired of them in season two. I would love for there plot to be over with in season two but with the last four episodes most likley focusing on the Shredder / Karai / Leo explosive ending and the start of the Dimension X plot some thing tells me no
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #27
JTH
"ME"

I'm curious if they plan to go the route that the term "Kraang" is basically the name of any life form from Dimension X.

We've got the Kraang, we've got Kraathatrogons (Kraang Worms), April and possibly others with Kraang DNA.

It seems like everything in Dimension X is "Kraang".
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #28
Lou 500
Hench Mutant

Pretty much my sentiments. Every episode that's involved them feels too similar and they've had practically no development. I really want to know what their deal is with April, damn it.
Lou 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #29
Powder
So tired of this place

While I do love the Kraang, I think we've seen far too much of them for how little they've actually advanced the plot or contributed something beyond indirect consequences of the ooze.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:08 PM   #30
Davetello
Banned

The way they talk is still pretty amusing, but they've grown somewhat stale. I have always been more into eps where Shredder is the main focal point anyway.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:30 PM   #31
MartiusR
Random Punk

Initially, I had no warm or cold attitude towards Kraang, I've decided to wait for a while and see, where it'll go. And unfortunatly, I must admit that the next episodes quite quickly changed my attitude. On the negative. I've never had too much fun with their way of talking, their weapons look and sound like a toys (by the way - I've noticed that it's probably the first TMNT animated series, where we've got almost no presence of "classic" firearms, except some RL (well, ok, let's say it's firearms ) in one of the episodes from season 1 and machine guns on Steranko's chopper in Season 2), aaand... Yeah, as many of forum users already wrote, they're really "one-dimensonial" (trivial) and predictable foe.

And I've got really stron feeling (basing on my experience after watching all episodes from this season so far), that I wouldn't lost anything important, if in this S2 I would skip all "pure" kraang-centric episodes.
MartiusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #32
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

It's not the Kraang that irk me, it's the Kraang-April storyline that's boring me. I literally couldn't care less.

I'd much rather they spent more time on the Karai stuff.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:27 PM   #33
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

I'd prefer the Utroms than the Kraang.

Besides, the Utroms would be divided into good and evil.

One led by Mortu as rebels and the other led by Kraang who he and his fellow evil utroms form an alliance with Shredder & the foot.
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:25 AM   #34
terrorblade
Foot Soldier

Not a fan of Utroms in general but i like how they turned out to be. I think they served their purpose really well as a distraction to the main plot.
terrorblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:31 AM   #35
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I agree with those who find them humorous, but wish they were a bigger threat.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:52 AM   #36
THGhost
Puppet Master

I think they're a hoot and a half!

And I'd say Kraang Prime is a pretty big threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Season 2 has 4 episodes left.
People keep saying this, so where are they? It's been over 2 weeks since the last episode.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:00 AM   #37
fridaynightdestination
Banned

Yeah I guess. I do prefer the mutant monsters and the Foot clan, but the Kraang is OK.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:28 AM   #38
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
People keep saying this, so where are they? It's been over 2 weeks since the last episode.
You say that as if ridiculously long breaks aren't common as hell.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:35 AM   #39
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Kraang is seriously underdeveloped, you barely understand what their motivations are because it's so underplayed in every single episode where they appear.

Once Kraang Prime was introduced I thought we'd start to get more interesting Kraang stuff, but so far, nope.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:46 AM   #40
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

I find them very entertaining, but they really need some more development at some point. Two years in and they're still just the funny-talking evil invaders, and they'll sorely need some more meat to their story in order to feel important or relevant for much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja-zero View Post
I'd prefer the Utroms than the Kraang.

Besides, the Utroms would be divided into good and evil.

One led by Mortu as rebels and the other led by Kraang who he and his fellow evil utroms form an alliance with Shredder & the foot.
I've still got my fingers crossed that they'll reveal that the Kraang are an evil cult-like offshoot of the Utrom race. I would be very happy to see some "real" Utroms on this show.

Tags
dregghasmorestayingpower, kraang, krang, nick, nickelodeon, utrom