The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-27-2015, 02:22 PM   #1
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Lightbulb Could you see 2012 meeting 2003?

So we've had 1987 meet comic book and 2003, and we've had 1987 meet 2012. Obviously at this point 2003 and 1987 will never meet on their own, but do you think it would ever be possible that within the 2012 series that 2012 and 2003, or even all three cartoon incarnations could come together?
Is there enough fandom out there for 2003 for Nick to want to do this?
What would a story involving them look like?! When 2003 met 1987 they thought them completely goofy. I think 2003 would think about the same of 2012, but perhaps not *quite* as much.

I just thought it was interesting to speculate. I know, unlikely. But fun to ponder, right?

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:23 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ciro probably has no interest in doing it. Also all their voice actors would be different because of unions, for the same reason Turtles Forever couldn't use the original Turtle voices.

Now we'd have sound-a-likes for the 2k3 Turtles.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:29 PM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

This idea fails to please me.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #4
ABrown
Banned

It'll never happen. The Wicked Stepmother (Nickelodeon) hates Cinderella (the 4Kids series).
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:39 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
It'll never happen. The Wicked Stepmother (Nickelodeon) hates Cinderella (the 4Kids series).
Wow.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:41 PM   #6
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I do like the 2003 series, but I don't care if we ever see them again. Like Cubed said, they probably couldn't get the VAs for it due to them being non-union, so if they can't do that, I'd rather they not appear at all.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:42 PM   #7
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I do like the 2003 series, but I don't care if we ever see them again. Like Cubed said, they probably couldn't get the VAs for it due to them being non-union, so if they can't do that, I'd rather they not appear at all.
I can see both your points, and I don't disagree. It was just a random thought I had today, and I thought I'd put it out there to see what others had to say.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:43 PM   #8
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Quote:
That's actually a pretty funny metaphor, LOL.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:47 PM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Awesome.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:01 PM   #10
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

The 2003 series was soooooo good because of how great the Turtles were. I'd rather not have the voice actors be different... It just wouldn't feel like them.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:15 PM   #11
Ursalink
Foot Soldier

Actually, a crossover between 2003 and 2012's turtles sounds really good to me. I would like to see it happen.
Ursalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:17 PM   #12
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
The 2003 series was soooooo good because of how great the Turtles were. I'd rather not have the voice actors be different... It just wouldn't feel like them.
VAs aside, I do personally think it'd be an interesting idea.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:20 PM   #13
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

How great the turtles were? *cough* Michelangelo *cough*. I personally missed Raph's sarcastic humor, but that is just me.

The only way I see it happening is if the three cartoons come together. So yes, it could happen.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:30 PM   #14
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I'm on the fence with this. I mean yeah it's possible to have the 2k3 voices of the Turtles on for a special appearance episode. But there would be lots contracts, paper work, legality red tape etc.

And it's possible that the 2012 TMNT and the OT TMNT meeting each other was testing the waters for the possibility of the other meet ups with other versions of the Ninja Turtles over the series.

All it would take was for the OT turtles to mention they have encountered other versions of themselves before, which would be a nod to their encounters with the 2k3 Turtles and the Mirage Turtles.

That in turn would drive the interest of possibly having the Turtles encounter other version of themselves such as the Mirage or IDW versions.

It just depends on how the show budget and how it ties into the overall plot.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:00 PM   #15
neatoman
Emperor

In case anyone is wondering, obviously the 2003 would win in a fight. After all, one of them is officially the mightiest warrior in the multiverse.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:13 PM   #16
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
In case anyone is wondering, obviously the 2003 would win in a fight. After all, one of them is officially the mightiest warrior in the multiverse.
I disagree. The '87 turtles are more creative with their environment. That factor I believe will give them thr advantage.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #17
SKX31
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
I'm on the fence with this. I mean yeah it's possible to have the 2k3 voices of the Turtles on for a special appearance episode. But there would be lots contracts, paper work, legality red tape etc.

And it's possible that the 2012 TMNT and the OT TMNT meeting each other was testing the waters for the possibility of the other meet ups with other versions of the Ninja Turtles over the series.

All it would take was for the OT turtles to mention they have encountered other versions of themselves before, which would be a nod to their encounters with the 2k3 Turtles and the Mirage Turtles.

That in turn would drive the interest of possibly having the Turtles encounter other version of themselves such as the Mirage or IDW versions.

Yea - but then again, how hard is it for Nick compared to 4kids? 4kids wasn't willing to spend money to license OT stuff into Forever because they had lost a lot of steam at that point (the company went bankrupt in 2011-ish, so 4Kids as we know it is history). If they had spent we'd seen at least the original soundtrack in Forever. The voice cast is more dubious, but possible. But eh, what's done is done - and discussing counterfactuals might be fun, but it isn't productive.

My biggest concern for a 03 / 12 crossover is the plot. If Forver's canon, then Ch'rell is out of the picture unless Mirage is involved again. Outside of him, the Kraang are possible - but aren't they already involved in the OT crossover?

Outside of those two, I'm not seeing a huge threat to both dimensions. Maybe have something small scale instead - to contrast with the OT crossover (which is going big with both Krang and Kraang probably)?

Anyhow, if (huge if, but I'm going with it) the crossover happens then it'd fun to see them do an older / younger paradigm. Like Nick Mikey looking up to his 4Kids counterpart's exploits, only to see 4Kids Mikey's more negative sides. And then, after some arguing, begin to understand each other a bit more.

Or maybe I just want to see two Raphs kick a ton of Purple Dragon butt.
SKX31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:22 PM   #18
Mugic
Thug

I'm surprised considering how much flak the 2003 series get because of the voices that people here would care if the VAs were replaced. I don't know much about how the voice acting process works, but i thought ever since 4kids Entertainment went under all those years ago that getting the 2k3 voice actors would be for a Nick crossover would be easier compared to getting the OT voice actors for Turtles Forever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Now we'd have sound-a-likes for the 2k3 Turtles.
Throw in the 2k3 Turtles behaving 100% grimdark and bingo! instant payback for how the FW Turtles were portrayed in Turtles Forever.

Jokes aside, does Ciro really hold some sort of vendetta towards the 2003 series that he would be against the idea of the Nick/2k3 crossover?
Old 10-27-2015, 05:31 PM   #19
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I disagree. The '87 turtles are more creative with their environment. That factor I believe will give them thr advantage.
But what if manhole covers are heavier in their dimension and trashcans somehow lose their magic powers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugic View Post
Jokes aside, does Ciro really hold some sort of vendetta towards the 2003 series that he would be against the idea of the Nick/2k3 crossover?
I have no idea if he holds some kind of "vendetta". Although I know he doesn't like the Fred Wolf or the 4kids cartoon.

If I remember correctly his reasoning is that he found the Fred Wolf cartoons many differences from the Mirage comics to be annoying and the 4Kids cartoon baffles him in that it can be so close but still contain major differences.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 10-27-2015 at 05:37 PM.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:41 PM   #20
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post

Ciro Sid at nycc that they were in fact meeting mirage turtles.
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote