The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-30-2019, 03:31 PM   #81
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hm, just realized we didn't see Harold and his wife follow the Turtles through to the Foot HQ's, yet the EPF were right behind them. So uh...where did they go?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:46 PM   #82
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Hm, just realized we didn't see Harold and his wife follow the Turtles through to the Foot HQ's, yet the EPF were right behind them. So uh...where did they go?
They were told to teleport somewhere safe, ergo, not the Foot HQ.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:22 PM   #83
daggio
Foot Soldier

The way Splinter got outta that jam reminded me of Uma Thurman escaping the underground casket in Kill Bill

Heck, the way the ending was coming together, I was reminded of GTA 5, the ending where the three work together to kill all their enemies.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:24 PM   #84
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
The way Splinter got outta that jam reminded me of Uma Thurman escaping the underground casket in Kill Bill
Good call! I was definitely being reminded of something there, but I couldn't quite tell what.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:29 PM   #85
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Interested to see how the finale goes, I hope for some deaths. Some of these characters have been around too long and I’d like to see a bloodbath to clean the slate.
I hope Bebop and Rocksteady survive. Maybe the two Slash clones will become their new friends
Old 10-30-2019, 04:47 PM   #86
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Alopex seemed to notice Kitsune's presence at the end there. Wonder if that's a subtle hint at some of those spirit powers she showed before.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:48 PM   #87
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Gotta say though, something felt reaaaaally good about how Bebop and Rocksteady didn't know what to do with the Slash clones, after how invincible they were in their minis.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:54 PM   #88
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Gotta say though, something felt reaaaaally good about how Bebop and Rocksteady didn't know what to do with the Slash clones, after how invincible they were in their minis.
They're still the closest thing to invincible we've seen in this comic. Doesn't mean they can't get batted around some, but they'll bounce back.

Who else thinks Splinter won't survive #100, especially now after his convo with RK? Those are damn ominous parting words...

Last edited by ChosenOne; 10-30-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:11 PM   #89
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Who else thinks Splinter won't survive #100, especially now after his convo with RK? Those are damn ominous parting words...
Splinter is the only one I can see dying next issue. There might be more, but him I can see dying.

And I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people got it. The solicitation for 101 doesn't exactly make me believe that things are gonna end on a positive note.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:26 PM   #90
CyberCubed
Overlord

I still really hope they end some of the villains. There's only so many times you can see the Turtles fight Koya and Bludgeon especially before it gets old. I mean this feels like the umpteenth time. And after issue 50 we already had Karai and her mutants "retreat" for awhile so it'd be repetitive if the same thing happens again.

Most of the current villains besides Bishop were around before issue 50, so we've seen them a long time.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:35 PM   #91
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
Alopex seemed to notice Kitsune's presence at the end there. Wonder if that's a subtle hint at some of those spirit powers she showed before.
I agree with that cuz I was wondering how she knew and everyone else kept fighting, even Leo.....unless she saw through a skylight
Old 10-30-2019, 07:29 PM   #92
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I still really hope they end some of the villains. There's only so many times you can see the Turtles fight Koya and Bludgeon especially before it gets old. I mean this feels like the umpteenth time. And after issue 50 we already had Karai and her mutants "retreat" for awhile so it'd be repetitive if the same thing happens again.
Koya and Bludgeon don't even feel like a threat anymore, like they're just there to pad out Karai's forces. Not that Bludgeon ever felt particularly threatening... His very first appearance, we saw him having trouble with either Tragg or Granitor, I can't recall which. Not exactly impressive.

Those two have worn their welcome.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:29 PM   #93
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Good call! I was definitely being reminded of something there, but I couldn't quite tell what.
Good call indeed! Bobby came up with the great idea to riff on that famous scene.

And I'll give you bonus points if you can tell me what the Rat King/Splinter exchange (besides the wall punching... that's all Kill Bill) is inspired by.

Talk soon...

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:33 PM   #94
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
Good call indeed! Bobby came up with the great idea to riff on that famous scene.

And I'll give you bonus points if you can tell me what the Rat King/Splinter exchange (besides the wall punching... that's all Kill Bill) is inspired by.

Talk soon...

Tom W.
I don't know if that's what you're referring to, but Rat King's "I find your lack of faith disappointing" certainly rings a bell. "Become my loyal knight" and "like walking through air" cinch it for me. That "Feast!" might as well have been "Goooooood!". But I do have a tendency to overanalyze...
Old 10-30-2019, 07:52 PM   #95
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So what happens between Shredder In Hell#4 and TMNT#99 that allows The Dragon to return if Oroku Saki rejected himself as a vessel?

Clever portal maneuver bringing everyone together.

Can Metalhead join the side of the angels again?
Old 10-30-2019, 08:28 PM   #96
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post

Can Metalhead join the side of the angels again?
If I were Donatello I'd dismantle Metalhead once and for all. I wouldn't run the risk of activating him again with the possibility of him becoming sentient again.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:31 PM   #97
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
If I were Donatello I'd dismantle Metalhead once and for all. I wouldn't run the risk of activating him again with the possibility of him becoming sentient again.
But to think, Metalhead might've been an ally had Donnie not double-crossed him back in his Macro last year.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:51 PM   #98
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

This was really, really good. Can't wait to see how it wraps up.

Man, it was just really damn good. Kudos all 'round.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:08 PM   #99
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
This was really, really good. Can't wait to see how it wraps up.

Man, it was just really damn good. Kudos all 'round.
Agreed on all counts!

One of the very few possible ways I could see #100 topping this is if everyone there has to begrudgingly team up against Kitsune, Ocho and the Dragon.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:26 PM   #100
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hopefully Raph gets a big role next issue, he disappeared after like 2 pages here.

But I dunno how next issue could play out, given issue 101 seems like things are at relative peace. I guess maybe the Dragon doesn't get ressurected as planned, or it gets sealed up immediately again?

Also they probably remove Karai from power next issue, so I'm looking forward to her defeat and what becomes of her minions. I guess Bishop will just retreat again, the guy has had one failure after another since Burnow Island, I think Bishop needs a big win eventually.