The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #2241
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant

If someone is offering you $10,000 for your collection, then take it cause you won't find better in this economy. I mean, you have a lot of figures and stuff, but I still don't see $10,000 there unless you have some original art or TMNT #1's stashed away. Good luck. I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances. Life happens. It sucks sometimes. Maybe some of us dromers can help you rebuild your collection for some fair prices on some items down the road when you're back on your feet.
Ninja_Shoe_Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #2242
agliarept
Hench Mutant

so what do you guys think about that prop mask and baby model figure? Its the same guy who sells the fan made masks online and goes by different ebay handles. The baby turtle figure looks nice, but there's no way to make sure it's legit.

any of you fine folks think about getting it? I almost jumped on the Buy it now until i saw the name. ahhhhh sucks.
agliarept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #2243
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by agliarept View Post
so what do you guys think about that prop mask and baby model figure? Its the same guy who sells the fan made masks online and goes by different ebay handles. The baby turtle figure looks nice, but there's no way to make sure it's legit.

any of you fine folks think about getting it? I almost jumped on the Buy it now until i saw the name. ahhhhh sucks.
hard to tell but the baby turtle is NICE..
Old 08-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #2244
Shred87
Hench Mutant

I was pretty happy with this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Shred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #2245
nofuture4u
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Shoe_Repair View Post
If someone is offering you $10,000 for your collection, then take it cause you won't find better in this economy. I mean, you have a lot of figures and stuff, but I still don't see $10,000 there unless you have some original art or TMNT #1's stashed away. Good luck. I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances. Life happens. It sucks sometimes. Maybe some of us dromers can help you rebuild your collection for some fair prices on some items down the road when you're back on your feet.
Again the $10,000 is to make it stand out. besides the douche who has the $20,000 Neca up Mine's the next most expensive. I estimated that I paid about $6,000 total for my collection, I'd like to get atleast that much back out of it. And paying $6,000 was buying on the cheap when I could, looking for deals and what not. If I would have paid what each individual item goes for on ebay I'm sure I would have put more than $10,000 into it. And wouldn't a First print TMNT #1 go for $10,000 alone without all of the toys?
nofuture4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #2246
Voidoid
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofuture4u View Post
Again the $10,000 is to make it stand out. besides the douche who has the $20,000 Neca up Mine's the next most expensive. I estimated that I paid about $6,000 total for my collection, I'd like to get atleast that much back out of it. And paying $6,000 was buying on the cheap when I could, looking for deals and what not. If I would have paid what each individual item goes for on ebay I'm sure I would have put more than $10,000 into it. And wouldn't a First print TMNT #1 go for $10,000 alone without all of the toys?
Haha, man you have a colorful Shredder...
Voidoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:58 AM   #2247
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by agliarept View Post

lets just say for a moment that they ARE authentic. The auction clearly states that they are prototype, and not screen used. That takes all my interest away right there.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:49 AM   #2248
agliarept
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
lets just say for a moment that they ARE authentic. The auction clearly states that they are prototype, and not screen used. That takes all my interest away right there.
ahh Archon, you need to get that baby turtle figure and put it next to your rat splinter prop lol. would make for a good photo op lol.
agliarept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #2249
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I try not to post links to my own auctions in this thread, but here's one I that I think may interest several of you:

TMNT Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles loose lot COMPLETE!!!

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next 24 hours...I'm hoping this will cause a bidding war and that all of you will flock to this auction like sharks to a fat lady...
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 08-09-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: needed bold
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #2250
nofuture4u
Hench Mutant

Help please

So I was hoping to get some opinions on something. Now don't say I'm way over priced just cuz you want the stuff, I need some honest feedback. I'm obviously going to have to break down my collection to sell it. I was trying to come up with some good lots. tell me what you think. to high to low? if you want some let me know and save me listing time and ebay fees. All prices are not including shipping. I understand this would normally go in the selling thread, but I'm getting opinions regarding ebay listings. This isn't intended to be a for sale post, but it may turn out that way.

All 11 toon figures MOC + Chan6 van MIB buy it now $400

Movie star turtles, splinter, foot, super shredder, tokka (both variations) Rahzar (both variations) buy it now $300

See photos to know what I'm talking about-Scratch, Hotspot + 11 other figures with that same card back (includes the likes of sandstorm, mona lisa and other more hard to find MOC ones) buy it now $1000

Sewer heroes lot MOC, includes all four plus two additional variants of Rhinoman Buy it now $200

Mutant Military lot, first set of four, second set of six. MOC all ten figs buy it now $200. I know football orange guy is a tool and he's overpriced, but he has navy seal mike for $125 MOC alone. considering his history I would guess it's worth half of that, but also consider with my lot you'd get every figure together MOC.

Lot of two 5th ann statues, blue and yellow background MIP, buy it now $75

Set of 12 Mutating figures MIB (basic set before road ready and stuff) buy it now $160

Set of four Fanclub soft head turtles MOC buy it now $150

Complete 25th Anniversary set with Van all MOC buy it now $175

Loose near mint 99% complete technodrome (missing two of four handcuffs) + 11" loose krang near mint. buy it now $120

That's just some of what I came up with, let me know how you feel about it.

also I would ship these lot's in actual playmates shipping cartons.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #2251
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I think you lowered just about every lot 10-20% your prices would be "fair."

Good luck with this though.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #2252
andrewdsz
Stone Warrior

hey brother ur pics' bandwidth are bursted.

And yea u probably need to lower ur prices by 35% to get a sell here.. ....Brother u said u wanna save ebay fees and ur askin price is more than ebay.... ....

alright imma help u out w prices:

All 11 toon figures MOC + Chan6 van MIB buy it now $400 (250$)

Movie star turtles, splinter, foot, super shredder, tokka (both variations) Rahzar (both variations) buy it now $300 (220$)

See photos to know what I'm talking about-Scratch, Hotspot + 11 other figures with that same card back (includes the likes of sandstorm, mona lisa and other more hard to find MOC ones) buy it now $1000 (650$)

Sewer heroes lot MOC, includes all four plus two additional variants of Rhinoman Buy it now $200 (70$)

Mutant Military lot, first set of four, second set of six. MOC all ten figs buy it now $200. I know football orange guy is a tool and he's overpriced, but he has navy seal mike for $125 MOC alone. considering his history I would guess it's worth half of that, but also consider with my lot you'd get every figure together MOC. (80$ for all 10, or 60$ for the 2nd series)

Lot of two 5th ann statues, blue and yellow background MIP, buy it now $75 (50$)

Set of 12 Mutating figures MIB (basic set before road ready and stuff) buy it now $160 (80$)

Set of four Fanclub soft head turtles MOC buy it now $150 (120$)

Complete 25th Anniversary set with Van all MOC buy it now $175 (150$)

Loose near mint 99% complete technodrome (missing two of four handcuffs) + 11" loose krang near mint. buy it now $120 (great deal)

Last edited by andrewdsz; 08-09-2010 at 02:45 PM.
andrewdsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:00 PM   #2253
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdsz View Post

And yea u probably need to lower ur prices by 35% to get a sell here.. ....Brother u said u wanna save ebay fees and ur askin price is more than ebay.... ....

alright imma help u out w prices:

All 11 toon figures MOC + Chan6 van MIB buy it now $400 (250$)

Movie star turtles, splinter, foot, super shredder, tokka (both variations) Rahzar (both variations) buy it now $300 (220$)

See photos to know what I'm talking about-Scratch, Hotspot + 11 other figures with that same card back (includes the likes of sandstorm, mona lisa and other more hard to find MOC ones) buy it now $1000 (650$)

Sewer heroes lot MOC, includes all four plus two additional variants of Rhinoman Buy it now $200 (70$)

Mutant Military lot, first set of four, second set of six. MOC all ten figs buy it now $200. I know football orange guy is a tool and he's overpriced, but he has navy seal mike for $125 MOC alone. considering his history I would guess it's worth half of that, but also consider with my lot you'd get every figure together MOC. (80$ for all 10, or 60$ for the 2nd series)

Lot of two 5th ann statues, blue and yellow background MIP, buy it now $75 (50$)

Set of 12 Mutating figures MIB (basic set before road ready and stuff) buy it now $160 (80$)

Set of four Fanclub soft head turtles MOC buy it now $150 (120$)

Complete 25th Anniversary set with Van all MOC buy it now $175 (150$)

Loose near mint 99% complete technodrome (missing two of four handcuffs) + 11" loose krang near mint. buy it now $120 (great deal)
yeah right...I couldn't even get 100 bucks for my set, so I dumped my collection off on a comic book store and lost money on it
LincolnHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #2254
jwiz154
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I know football orange guy is a tool and he's overpriced,
Sorry, I don't want to highjack your thread. But I just have to say I wholeheartedly agree with this. I got into an argument with him along time ago. I can't believe he blatently lies in his descriptions!! Everything is either a prototype or Test shot. My favorite was that "kids wouldn't believe that the turtles had gone bad, so Playmates only made the two figures( Winged Warriors). Is there a thread on this stupidity??
Old 08-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #2255
nofuture4u
Hench Mutant

Quote:

[/B][/U]
those prices were for ebay. I didn't actually post pics brah, I meant see the photos in the auction to see which one's I was talking about

$250 for the toon set seems way under priced. the boxed van alone goes for $100 or more and every single toon figure listed on ebay is $50 each or more my price was about $25 a fig, but I did ask for honest opinions so thanks for eveyone's input.

it seems like no matter what I'm gonna get ripped off. I think I'd rather just set my collection on fire than see it go for way less than I paid. I'll make a youtube video of it for all to see

unfortunately my collection is the only thing of signifacant value I have to sell besides my house, car, televisions, furniture and stuff. This whole experience makes me want to cry. Makes me want to...I'm not actually crying I'm not desperate to sell these. I really don't care if insignificant stuff goes into collection like C-cards and medical bills.

So what I'm gathering is that by selling in lots I need to price my figures considerably less than what I paid. Selling individually seems like it would pay more but also cost more in fees and time. again thanks for the feedback guys.

Last edited by nofuture4u; 08-09-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #2256
nofuture4u
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiz154 View Post
Sorry, I don't want to highjack your thread. But I just have to say I wholeheartedly agree with this. I got into an argument with him along time ago. I can't believe he blatently lies in his descriptions!! Everything is either a prototype or Test shot. My favorite was that "kids wouldn't believe that the turtles had gone bad, so Playmates only made the two figures( Winged Warriors). Is there a thread on this stupidity??
at first I thought you were going to say you're footballorange guy. I was gonna feel bad cuz on here you seem like a real swell fellow. good thing you aren't and you just hate the douche too.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #2257
andrewdsz
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
yeah right...I couldn't even get 100 bucks for my set, so I dumped my collection off on a comic book store and lost money on it
ur set including all 11 figures and the van?
andrewdsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #2258
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
ur set including all 11 figures and the van?
yeah...I had it up on here and didn't get one hit on it
Old 08-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #2259
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
those prices were for ebay. I didn't actually post pics brah, I meant see the photos in the auction to see which one's I was talking about

$250 for the toon set seems way under priced. the boxed van alone goes for $100 or more and every single toon figure listed on ebay is $50 each or more my price was about $25 a fig, but I did ask for honest opinions so thanks for eveyone's input.

it seems like no matter what I'm gonna get ripped off. I think I'd rather just set my collection on fire than see it go for way less than I paid. I'll make a youtube video of it for all to see

unfortunately my collection is the only thing of signifacant value I have to sell besides my house, car, televisions, furniture and stuff. This whole experience makes me want to cry. Makes me want to...I'm not actually crying I'm not desperate to sell these. I really don't care if insignificant stuff goes into collection like C-cards and medical bills.

So what I'm gathering is that by selling in lots I need to price my figures considerably less than what I paid. Selling individually seems like it would pay more but also cost more in fees and time. again thanks for the feedback guys.
I know how you feel man...I wanted to get rid my collection, while not exactly the same size as yours, and I couldn't do it. I probably had close to 500-600 invested in mine and I had to let it go for 265 to a local comic book shop. I posted ebay auctions and craigslist and no one was willing to work with me. People wanted it for their price and they wouldn't budge. I don't think people understand what we pay for these things. I'm alright with losing 1-5 bucks on a figure, but these people wanted my figures for close to nothing.

Thats another route you should look into, try comic book shops...alot of times they are like pawn shops. Ask them if they would be willing to buy stuff off of you, you would just have to come to an agreement on the price.

Also try craigslist....post ads in and around the surrounding communities. Again..you'll get hits, it's whether or not people will buy for what your asking for.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:02 PM   #2260
nofuture4u
Hench Mutant

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOVIE-STAR-TEENA...efaultDomain_0 There's only six not 8 like it says, crappy seller who doesn't know how to list

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-MOVIE-STAR-...efaultDomain_0

there's not a single listing for original packaged moviestar turtles just splinter and foot.

considering what these fools are asking mine doesn't seem way out of line.