The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your ethnicity?
White, primarily 26 60.47%
African American, primarily 3 6.98%
Mixed (explain) 5 11.63%
Asian 1 2.33%
Middle Eastern 0 0%
Hispanic 7 16.28%
Other 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2017, 09:19 PM   #81
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Flying cars, you say? How about this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VRZNLBL7Px4

See Cubed-we already have those. And this was just one of the first links I found on Googling it. They have been a thing for YEARS now.

Point is, we are not the "first" generation(or even era) to imagine or create such things. There was once this guy named Leonardo, who invented such amazing things as tanks, submarines, helicopters, and many others- about 500 years ago. And a guy named Jules imagined travel to the moon, about a 100 years before it happened. So many of our "modern" inventions have been thought of or invented.a LOT longer than we tent to think. What will the future be like? It will be what our descendants make of it!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:51 AM   #82
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
You're probably looking at "military personnel" deaths, rather than total deaths. These days most of the death toll comes from civilians killed by IED's, bombings, and other WMD's. Those are far greater than the toll on the ones doing the actual fighting.
That was the same in WWII - more civilians died than military personnel, almost double if you including things like famine and disease caused by the war; aprox 50 million. A lot of people died in that war - it's almost hard to comprehend.

I think in general, people are better off now than 100 years ago. We still face a lot of the same problems and we probably always will, but unless we forget everything we've learned up until now, we're potentially better off than our ancestors. Hell, 100 years ago, people were still struggling with the concept that you shouldn't crap in your drinking water.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:58 AM   #83
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Kandorian American
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:59 AM   #84
CyberCubed
Overlord

I seem to recall in one of the last census surveys they discovered there are probably going to be more hispanics than whites living in the U.S. soon. Not surprising if true.

Although they should say there's going to be more mixed races in the future. Lots of people now have white fathers with hispanic mothers, or vice versa. Same for white/black couples or white/asian couples.

Lots of white guys now go for black/hispanic/asian, etc. girls rather than other white girls. So we're having a lot more mixed race children nowadays than ever before.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:56 AM   #85
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Lots of white guys now go for black/hispanic/asian, etc. girls rather than other white girls.
Yeah, I haven't dated a white girl in a decade.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:40 AM   #86
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
I seem to recall in one of the last census surveys they discovered there are probably going to be more hispanics than whites living in the U.S. soon.
So they say. Although the census is only a inventory of present populations. Maybe it can note present trends, but it's still hardly a prophet.

Although come to think of it...
Spoiler:
Maybe that claim is one reason why The Orange One and his pale faced minions are obsessed with walls.

Melting pot country though. *shrug* But genetics do what they want to do; long from now humanity will still come in different shades and if those in the future (far future) who get labeled as "white" are a slightly tanner version of white, so be it.

Just try to preserve the diversity of eye color, that's all I ask.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #87
Prowler
Emperor

Most people end up marrying "one of their own", though. A lot of things can change. Who knows if Mexico's economy won't be in a better state in about 20 years and they stop migrating en masse to USA.

There's also fears that in some European countries like France, the Uk and Sweden foreigners mainly from Africa and Asia might out number the native populations in some years, but nothing says that in 30-40 years people from African and Asian countries will continue to immigrate ne masse to the European continent or that the fertility rates of those countries continue to be massive.

There's always been migrations and yet we still have white folk, black folk, east asian folk, etc.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:38 AM   #88
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also due to the rise of anime in U.S., a lot of white guys now purposely go for Chinese or Japanese girlfriends. It's pretty funny and there's some articles online about it, white men look for "Asian waifu's" because they are anime fans.

I don't know if I would go for an Asian girl myself, but many of them are beautiful.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:47 AM   #89
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Also due to the rise of anime in U.S., a lot of white guys now purposely go for Chinese or Japanese girlfriends. It's pretty funny and there's some articles online about it, white men look for "Asian waifu's" because they are anime fans.

I don't know if I would go for an Asian girl myself, but many of them are beautiful.
Classic CyberCubed
Old 02-27-2017, 11:52 AM   #90
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Racist AF?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #91
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Racist AF?
I mean... look who said it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #92
CyberCubed
Overlord

No, it's not. I certainly don't mean any ill over it. Besides you can look this up, also a lot of Asian women look for white men:

http://www.asiandatenet.com/asian-da...for-white-men/
Old 02-27-2017, 12:29 PM   #93
Prowler
Emperor

..how do you even know a website like that.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:34 PM   #94
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh. Hm. Well then.

Well you've certainly steered this thread, that started out asking a simple question, through the off-road 'scenic route.'
Old 02-27-2017, 12:35 PM   #95
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Oh. Hm. Well then.

Well you've certainly steered this thread, that started out asking a simple question, through the 'scenic route.'
And you're surprised? I actually assumed at first that this thread had been made by CC.

That being said, gotta love CyberCubed
Old 02-27-2017, 01:04 PM   #96
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:

DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:21 PM   #97
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:

No, this was the case LONG before the anime crazy. The guys, who actually did go to Asian countries for that purpose, were interested in Asian women due to stereotypes.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #98
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I think I'd be a bit insulted if someone's interest in me stemmed from cartoons.

Yeah, have heard that there are stereotypes... Ugh. A longtime friend of mine (Filipino woman into white guys) seems to have come across a little of that in a guy or two she's tried to dated.

Didn't last long (thank goodness), just too independent and Americanized for their taste. One of them, a customer she had a crush on and only got together with once or twice, supposedly was going on some trip with a couple buddies to the Philippians. And honestly, while I never said so to her, I was questioning their intentions of the trip... Maybe it was entirely innocent, but I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
And you're surprised?
Nope... not at all. lol
Old 02-27-2017, 02:31 PM   #99
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I think I'd be a bit insulted if someone's interest in me stemmed from cartoons.

Yeah, have heard that there are stereotypes... Ugh. A longtime friend of mine (Filipino woman into white guys) seems to have come across a little of that in a guy or two she's tried to dated.

Didn't last long (thank goodness), just too independent and Americanized for their taste. One of them, a customer she had a crush on and only got together with once or twice, supposedly was going on some trip with a couple buddies to the Philippians. And honestly, while I never said so to her, I was questioning their intentions of the trip... Maybe it was entirely innocent, but I dunno.

Nope... not at all. lol
Not entirely related but I remember reading/hearing some discrimination experiences on the news some years ago of Brazilian women getting hit on here and then after they declined the advances the guy would say "but you're a Brazilian woman. Aren't you supposed to be sexy and easy?"

In certain countries/regions men of certain ethnic groups are stereotyped as being thieves whilst women are stereotyped as being "easy" or "prostitutes/sluts". I think that's even worse.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:42 PM   #100
Vicky82
Emperor

British White.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote