The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Old 09-16-2016, 02:02 PM   #301
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the only major bee in Spike's bonnet is threads turning into socio-political crap-fests in the general section of the forum, which is a more recent issue that I don't think has any part in influencing how this site was viewed in years past.
Yeah, that seems to be what the OP is getting at. Those are the ultimate funkillers, especially when it happens in threads about f*cking capeshit.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:03 PM   #302
Prowler
Emperor

Yeah when it comes to discussing TMNT this site is pretty tame. Except for the PD section, ofc. But the other TMNT sections are fine.

Most people come here to discuss the TMNT first and foremost so I doubt the General Discussion forums have much influence in how this place is viewed outside.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:06 PM   #303
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

That hasn't been my experience.
The people I've talked to who don't view the place favorably do so because of both the TMNT threads, and the overall culture of the boards.

Your mileage may vary.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:07 PM   #304
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
The people I've talked to who don't view the place favorably do so because of both the TMNT threads, and the overall culture of the boards.

Your mileage may vary.
The rare tmnt thread that contributes actual discussion often turn out to be great. See the "why do you all want the same movie" thread for a recent example.

The comic section is also 100% discussion based
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:09 PM   #305
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post

Your mileage may vary.
Well rarely have I seen fights break out in the TMNT sections outside of the PD.

The GD is where you find mroe clashes. You also gotta keep in mind that several members barely post in the TMNT sections nowadays or just don't post there at all due to outgrowing the franchise. So the people who post in the TMNT sections can be quite different from the ones who regularly post on the GD ones.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #306
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Well rarely have I seen fights break out in the TMNT sections outside of the PD.

The GD is where you find mroe clashes. You also gotta keep in mind that several members barely post in the TMNT sections nowadays or just don't post there at all due to outgrowing the franchise. So the people who post in the TMNT sections can be quite different from the ones who regularly post on the GD ones.
This is very true. I started out mostly posting in the toy collecting threads and there is rarely a fight in there. The only argument I've gotten in there is when someone blames the toy company for their local Target or Walmart not getting the figure they are looking for.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:21 PM   #307
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I've noticed Cybercubed getting very interested in the political stuff and even posting about it in General TMNT section and in the PD section at one point. Most of the other stuff hasn't been too bad and even that religious thread didn't get ugly for the most part and wasn't even locked, IIRC.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:13 PM   #308
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Yeah, that seems to be what the OP is getting at. Those are the ultimate funkillers, especially when it happens in threads about f*cking capeshit.
When both of the capeshit CBMs this year had political narratives, and it's an election year, AND the rise of PC culture...

It's the conversation of the day, it's what people are talking about.

Hard to ignore.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:11 PM   #309
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:

The Nickelodeon section can get ugly, sometimes. But other than cubed getting butthurt over any measure of criticism, the rest of the TMNT sections are pretty cool. The comics section is in awesome shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
When both of the capeshit CBMs this year had political narratives, and it's an election year, AND the rise of PC culture...

It's the conversation of the day, it's what people are talking about.

Hard to ignore.
QFT.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:05 AM   #310
CyberCubed
Overlord

The comic section has less ridiculous posts because far less people read the comics than anything else TMNT related, and the younger kids don't post there either because they don't buy the comics.

That and with only 1 or 2 issues coming out a month...there's not much to say most of the time. You read the new issue, post some comments what you thought, maybe some speculation of the future....and that's it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:18 PM   #311
sdp
Megan Fox = April

When will the Nick be cancelled, and why is it next year?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:32 PM   #312
CyberCubed
Overlord

I get so sad everytime a TMNT cartoon ends.

When the original cartoon ended in 1996 I was sad, (but I was also only 12 years old at the time)

When the 2k3 series ended in 2009 I was sad, (although it was for the best as the show was clearly on its last legs by BTTS)

And when the Nick cartoon ends I will also be sad.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:34 PM   #313
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I get so sad everytime a TMNT cartoon ends.

When the original cartoon ended in 1996 I was sad, (but I was also only 12 years old at the time)

When the 2k3 series ended in 2009 I was sad, (although it was for the best as the show was clearly on its last legs by BTTS)

And when the Nick cartoon ends I will also be sad.
At least now we can be rest assured the property won't die like we were afraid of in 2009 and 1997.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:27 PM   #314
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
At least now we can be rest assured the property won't die like we were afraid of in 2009 and 1997.
Unlike both of those instances, the comics are there (at least on a more marketable, well known level) to keep fans engaged as they grow out of the cartoon that introduced them to the lore.

I was introduced to the original comics when I found a beat-up, slightly tattered copy of Collected Book 1 at my college bookstore. A teenager or college kid today can use their phone to order the oversized hardcover Ultimate Collections, thanks to the valiant efforts of IDW. Mirage is in print again after years of obscurity, and the newer stuff is a great stepping stone for younger fans.

If Volume 3 gets published, maybe the Image stuff will really send 'em for a loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cubed and tothenines, cubed's got it, cubedindenial, dawn of fat hookers, meow is vandalay, microagressions, snake vs the world, threads about cubed