The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Blister Stockboy?! BAXTER STOCKMAN!!!
DOOM!!!!!! 20 25.64%
Totally love the Splinter/April interaction - oh yeah... Killer FAN! 19 24.36%
Hey Raph, enjoy your playdate? 28 35.90%
Xever looks like one of the kids from the Boondocks... 11 14.10%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Official Episode Discussion #19: "Baxter's Gambit"

Well, it's been a few weeks, but we Finally have a new episode!

So, Baxter's gone nuts between fighting turtles and dealing with Shredder, a giant dog and a pissed-off cyborg minnow. He's decided to pull a King Minos and throw everyone into a giant Labyrinth. Let's see if April's ready with a ball of string...

I guess I could put in some bad references to spandex and singing "Magic Dance", but I don't think we need to worry about the Fire Gang throwing their body parts around in this episode. Just look out for Oubliettes!

There's bound to be some more Mousers, and who knows what else our mad scientist has up his sleeves...

I'M OUT OF IDEAS ON THIS ONE!!

Stay Tuned!!!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Let the Discussion begin!!!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
tlg80
Foot Soldier

Didn't see much of that coming.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
MutagenJosh
Thug

That was a good episode. However not the best, It was a good one. We are a step closer to a possible April/splinter father/daughter episode. They way the turtles and FF/DP Worked together was amazing. They should work together more often.

MutagenJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Awesome ep. Loved the Raph/Fishface stuff. Finally more April developing her abilities. And we know her weapon of choice now!

Now I wonder when our next ep will be... please not 3 weeks again
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #6
JTH
"ME"

..................................................of Doom!!!
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
tlg80
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Awesome ep. Loved the Raph/Fishface stuff. Finally more April developing her abilities. And we know her weapon of choice now!

Now I wonder when our next ep will be... please not 3 weeks again
My guide says next week, I believe.
I enjoyed the April and Splinter training moments. And some fish face backstory.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #8
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

This was a great episode! I loved how we got some backstory on Xever and how he came to work for Shredder. And I really liked that the mousers showed up again. Also liked the scenes with April and Splinter, I can't wait to see her use that fan in combat.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #9
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!

Yay for backstory! And bombs! And lasers! OF DOOM!!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #10
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Great episode, well worth the wait.

Things I liked:

The return of Baxter

Seeing more of Fishface, and him working along side Dogpound for the first time.

The Turtles having to work with the bad guys

The episode didn't focus on one specific character

Splinter and April sub plot. If that fan thing is going to be April's weapon, then why didn't her figure come with it?!

Hints towards....
Spoiler:
Karai turning out to be Miwa

Xever's back story

Things I didn't like it:

The Kraang: They were there for a few minutes, and then disappeared for the rest of the episode.

Neither team got the device, so the Kraang got away with it...they failed to explain that.

Is Baxter still in the foot? I'm sure they wouldn't forgive him for this, and I dunno is Shredder would even let him live...hopefully they'll elaborate on that, but I (sadly) doubt that would happen.

So yeah, great episode. It raised some questions and had a few plot holes, but overall it was worth the wait in my opinion.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #11
Ryanator008
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post

Things I liked:

The return of Baxter

Seeing more of Fishface, and him working along side Dogpound for the first time.

Splinter and April sub plot. If that fan thing is going to be April's weapon, then why didn't her figure come with it?!

Hints towards....
Spoiler:

Xever's back story

Things I didn't like it:

The Kraang: They were there for a few minutes, and then disappeared for the rest of the episode.

Neither team got the device, so the Kraang got away with it...they failed to explain that.

Is Baxter still in the foot? I'm sure they wouldn't forgive him for this, and I dunno is Shredder would even let him live...hopefully they'll elaborate on that, but I (sadly) doubt that would happen.

So yeah, great episode. It raised some questions and had a few plot holes, but overall it was worth the wait in my opinion.
I think that all of these "plot holes" are just going to be explained in the next episode, buuuuuut you could be right.

I didn't like this episode as much as most of you seem to. My main problem is that most of the episode was the 6 of them walking around the maze.

Last edited by Ryanator008; 04-05-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Ryanator008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #12
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post

Things I liked:

The return of Baxter

Hints towards....
Spoiler:

Xever's back story

Things I didn't like it:

My guess is that Baxter has now gone solo. Unless Dogpound and Fishface capture him and he gets all bruised and beaten up, and Shredder will do to him what he did in the 2003 series and start to slowly dismember him whenever turns on them.

Personally (and not being bias because I love Baxter Stockman and he's my favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles villain) this is probably one of my favorite episodes. I really liked how they presented a backstory to Xever (who knows, maybe they will do one for Chris Bradford ?).

I like the Mouser cameo too and of course as other had said, I love the April/Splinter scenes. Happy April found her weapon of choice. Could possibly be foreshadowing for the season finale if she uses it.

Overall I really enjoyed it.
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #13
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior

Solid episode, definitely. I loved Splinter and April's interactions and they elaborated more on Xever. It was...interesting that the Turtles and the jerks ( as Mikey so rightfully put it) were working together. And when I say interesting I mean that it was a new take, refreshing for the tried and true always trying to kill each other thing even though that happened in the beginning and end of the episode. Also what Xever said was very true, he and Raph are similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #14
LH
Leatherhead

An April-centric episode? Cool! I can't wait to watch it tomorrow morning!
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #15
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Much better episode than last weeks that had a nice mix of drama, from an anti-villain (Fishface) trying to simply survive along with providing an interesting back story which does show that Xever was born to steal and has been part of a lower division of the Foot, which reminds me of the OT episode Invasion of the Turtlle Snatchers where Donatello and Rocksteady teamed up after getting swallowed into an underground labyrinth. The interaction with Splinter/April was well presented and is becoming a stepdaughter/father relationship along with a Tang Shen mention. Fighting random Foot/Mousers adds to the variety of enemies, and the cliffhangers at various points in the maze was dramatic, especially the slicing red knifes where it seemed like Leo just about got sliced to death. The copter escape by Baxter shows that he doesn't have to be a fly to escape above. Overall, a good setup episode for future events.

Overall: 8/10

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #16
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist

[QUOTE=Donatello19;

Neither team got the device, so the Kraang got away with it...they failed to explain

So yeah, great episode. It raised some questions and had a few plot holes, but overall it was worth the wait in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

They beat the kraang off screen.

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #17
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Awesome episode. Liking the rivalry with Fishface and Raph. And it was good to see April training with Splinter. Even got a cool backstory on Xever. And now Baxter is on his own. Great episode as usual.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #18
Slade
god status

Almost missed this one. Glad I didn't. I really enjoyed it. Raph and Fishface really made a good team.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

Definitely one of the best episodes in a while. Baxter being awesome, Dogpound/Fishface working with the Turtles, Xever backstory, April choosing her weapon and confirmation Miwa is Karai, and Fishface throwing the weapon at Raph at the end proving the lesson of the episode.

This is the Nick show at its best.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #20
Powder
So tired of this place

Looooved this episode. I pretty much feel as Cubed does. It was awesome having all of that at once, done well, without it feeling crammed. So perfect. I really really like the relationship that is developing between Splinter & April. She's my favorite version of April ever no question. I had feels when Splinter called her my child. It's a great thing that he can sort of be her father while hers is in captivity, and that she can sorta fill that daughter void he has. Heart warming stuff.

But anyway the action was really cool too. As I had said in my thoughts about other fight-centric episodes, it looks like it would make for an awesome set of levels/boss battles in a video game.

I really hope they plan to explore Raph & Fishfaces little thing too, I found that very interesting. A+

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nick