The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-01-2017, 06:30 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

So we're already halfway through 2017

It's hard to believe. It feels like it just turned 2017 recently, and we're already 6 months into the year. I don't know what's going on lately, but time seems to be on the "fast forward" button for a long time now, at least for me. It feels like the years are going by way too fast.

Hell, can you believe we're nearly at the end of this decade in general, since we're almost at 2020 already? I remember when we hit 2010 like it was just a year ago or two, I feel like 2012-2014 is "just recently." Hell, I can't believe the years 2005-2007, etc. are an entire decade ago now. I mean what the hell is going on? Can you believe how fast the years are going by?

I don't feel much differently than I did 10 years ago, then I remember my age and how old I am now. We're not "spring chickens" anymore. I just can't believe how fast the years are flying by now. It's almost unbelieveable to me. The kids born in the year 2000 are now 17 year olds. Can you believe next year the kids born in the year 2000 will be legal adults at age 18? Holy crap.

Does anyone else feel like this last decade just completely flew by? I feel like it's still 2006, not 2017+
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:33 PM   #2
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I liked you better when you were banned.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:36 PM   #3
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

This thread needs to be locked.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:40 PM   #4
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:43 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Can't go long without an aging/"where does the time go" thread, can we now... lol

My only concern is that Christmas is six months closer than I want it to be and I'm already not sure what the heck to get people this year, esp since work hours are crappier so I'll be more broke this time.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #6
sdp
-

I know exactly how you feel and I feel the same way, it's crazy the decade is already ending when I feel it barely started. I remember 2011 very vividly.

Don't fall to routine and time starts going slower, if you keep doing new stuff and changing the stuff that you do, by the end of the year you feel like you had a good year. But when you keep the same job and do the same thing all year it flies by. Also thinking "the year is almost finished" doesn't help at all since you're already feeling like the year is ending when you still have time and you yourself by living in a state "oh it's basically over" you don't get to enjoy the present as much.

I also have to say, going to school makes the year feel longer, ever since I got back to University it has also helped me feel the years are longer. If it wasn't for being in college again I'd likely be 5 years older right now now Another thing I like to do is achieve as much as you can per year, so by the end of it you can say "oh that year wasn't wasted because I learned to ____, ____ and _____", so yeah, get out and do stuff. It has changed my perspective in life a lot.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:32 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

It seems like each new year flies by quicker than the last. Who here feels like we're already halfway into 2017?
Old 07-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #8
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It seems like each new year flies by quicker than the last. Who here feels like we're already halfway into 2017?
I feel that way, but not in a bad way. 2017 has been a beautiful year for me so far, much better than 2016.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Even thinking about in terms of TMNT stuff, it's rather odd. The Nick cartoon came out in 2012, it's already 5 years old. IDW TMNT came out in 2011, it's over 6 years old.

It's already been 8 years since Mirage sold the TMNT franchise to Viacom/Nick back in 2009. That certainly doesn't feel that long ago to me.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:41 PM   #10
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Vittu mitä paskaa.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:11 PM   #11
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

*notices the current tag*

This year doesn't feel that much different from the last. But, while it does seem 'shorter' now, much of that has been due to both work and school.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:19 PM   #12
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Halfway through the year and I still haven't accomplished much of anything!
Looks like things are proceeding as usual for me.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:20 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most people generally don't accomplish much year after year, unless you finally get married and settle down and have kids. Or you get a new job or whatever.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:35 PM   #14
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Man it feels like only yesterday you made this same damn thread

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:19 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well...that was probably for last year, 2016.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:19 AM   #16
ssjup81
Foot Elite

This year has been strange for me so far, especially with how it started off. My grandmother dying and my having to rush back to the US. I did manage to find a new job with benefits and a higher pay...but I'm only left with about $2200 after deductions (insurance, pension, tax, etc.), which wouldn't be so bad, if my darn rent wasn't so high. We need a third roommate as we still haven't replaced the one who left last October. $840/month is just too much for me.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:16 PM   #17
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Who here feels like we're already halfway into 2017?
No one needs to feel like it since the calendar fully makes it true, feel it or not.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:21 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's weird because just a little while ago people were complaining how cold it was because of the cold weather that lasted throughout most of the early year, and now it's so hot outside. I don't know how things are in other places, but up here in New York it was fairly cold all the way till mid-May.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:07 PM   #19
Prowler
Emperor

Ah I was hoping you'd make a thread like this someday, man

Yeah, crazy how time seems to go by faster the older you get, indeed. In about 4 months I'll be turning 27. Crazy, right?

Quote:
Even thinking about in terms of TMNT stuff, it's rather odd. The Nick cartoon came out in 2012, it's already 5 years old. IDW TMNT came out in 2011, it's over 6 years old.

It's already been 8 years since Mirage sold the TMNT franchise to Viacom/Nick back in 2009. That certainly doesn't feel that long ago to me.
Yeah, that is true. Crazy how the Nick toon has come and went(or is going to end soon?) already. The 2k3 series felt like it lasted a long time. Then again I was about 11-12 years old when 2k3 debuted and about 18-19 when it ended, so it makes sense it felt longer. Not to mention it lasted for 7 seasons.

Quote:
Most people generally don't accomplish much year after year, unless you finally get married and settle down and have kids. Or you get a new job or whatever.
Well, yeah. I mean, we probably shouldn't give too much importance to calendar years since things usually don't change much from December 31st to January 6th. I've always preferred to look at years by sports seasons/school years. So meaning 2016/2017 is over and 2017/2018 is coming now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Vittu mitä paskaa.
The only Finnish I know is perkele

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I feel that way, but not in a bad way. 2017 has been a beautiful year for me so far, much better than 2016.
Personally, 2017 has been kinda meh here so far. 2016 was also king of meh as well, but 2017 even more. 2015 was a better year overall, imo.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:33 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yeah, crazy how time seems to go by faster the older you get, indeed. In about 4 months I'll be turning 27. Crazy, right?
Your late 20's will fly by fast. Everyone said once you hit 25 the years go by quick and before you know it you're 30 already. Hell to me 26-29 went by in the blink of an eye.

Tags
cybercubed the timemaster, cybercubed4ever, cybercubedthe oldster, cybercubedthecuck, cybercubedtheoldster, cybercubedthevirgin