The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-16-2018, 02:52 PM   #61
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Why is She Ra a preteen?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:57 PM   #62
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Is she a pre-teen? Is there copy that states that, or are we assuming that based on her chest?

Because to me it looks like she's just wearing sensible armor. ie: no boob socks.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:04 PM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

This looks like... a very "important" She-ra reboot.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:31 PM   #64
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I guess without a skirt so short, it had to defy gravity to not show panty shots in the old show, or lack of boobs that's vacuum packed in the armor. It's too hard for boys to see if She-Ra is a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
The animation looks cheap.
There's animation shown? Where, I've only seen still pictures.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:35 PM   #65
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I guess without a skirt so short, it had to defy gravity to not show panty shots in the old show, or lack of boobs that's vacuum packed in the armor. It's too hard for boys to see if She-Ra is a woman.
They're just so easily confused, and then that's when the Gay Panic sets in!
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:02 PM   #66
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Why are grown men getting so A N G E R Y about this? It's a reboot of a toy commercial from the 80s. It's not like TMNT, where there's any kind of established adult/mature version to reference.

She doesn't have to be a Jungian archetype goddess figure with a bimbo physique and the vocabulary of Alan Moore. It's a cartoon aimed at kids, just like the original. I didn't realize She-Ra had fanboys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:07 PM   #67
plastroncafe

Lemongrabbing is the only way some people can interact with their environment.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-16-2018, 04:21 PM   #68
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post

Why are grown men getting so A N G E R Y about this?
no one is angry about it, except the people who like to defend this style of cheap art.

The 'grown men' and women, I might add, can't forget them, are just tired and accepting that shows we loved as kids will get bastardized as adults. i'm more resigned to that now than I was 5 years ago.

found this on twitter. a shame we couldn't have gotten a series like this. an art style kids and adults could get into.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:22 PM   #69
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Honestly, the only thing I'm hoping for is that it retains its glorious flamboyance.

The art style reminds me more of the new Voltron, whose original carnation was also...

...quite something.

(The Tammy scenes never fail to make me laugh. I love that gremlin voice.)

Now, this is probably because I didn't really grow up with the show, but I don't mind the look all that much. Take Edna Mode's advice in removing the cape and tie that hair into a braided bun, and it would be pretty sensible for combat.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 07-16-2018 at 04:30 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:24 PM   #70
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post

too be honest, I never liked that in the old show. it always looked weird/bad.

I'd rather she get a full on set of pants rather than odd looking biker shorts. Maybe give her some knee armor too.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:34 PM   #71
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
no one is angry about it, except the people who like to defend this style of cheap art.

The 'grown men' and women, I might add, can't forget them, are just tired and accepting that shows we loved as kids will get bastardized as adults. i'm more resigned to that now than I was 5 years ago.

found this on twitter. a shame we couldn't have gotten a series like this. an art style kids and adults could get into.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiKHYFeUwAEe9Dc.jpg:large
I greatly dislike 2012 TMNT and what I've seen of Rise, but I don't own the franchise, and I can't stop either of them from airing.

I'm sure there were people who grew up with the Adam West Batman who hate the Keaton films and the animated series.

If nu-She-Ra isn't enough of a qt 3.14 for you, there's plenty of other animated options to scratch your itch for sexy heroines doing cool stuff

We know nothing about the story arc, supporting cast, or other aspects of the adaptation. Literally all we have are preview images/proof of concept, and people are sperging out about her being flat chested and not wearing lipstick.

I'm not a prudish feminist type who "critically looks at media for justice in representation" and such, but let's call a spade a spade. Most of the reaction I've seen is about how she looks and her design's inability to activate the fanboys' Swords of Protection.

Quote:
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #72
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
If nu-She-Ra isn't enough of a qt 3.14 for you, there's plenty of other animated options to scratch your itch for sexy heroines doing cool stuff

We know nothing about the story arc, supporting cast, or other aspects of the adaptation. Literally all we have are preview images/proof of concept, and people are sperging out about her being flat chested and not wearing lipstick.

I'm not a prudish feminist type who "critically looks at media for justice in representation" and such, but let's call a spade a spade. Most of the reaction I've seen is about how she looks and her design's inability to activate the fanboys' Swords of Protection.

That's not what I'm seeing at all.

I'm seeing people complain that the art looks like Crap. And any time that discussion gains traction, people come in and try and derail it with general 'bullet point' trashing arguments. like 'grown men complaining about a kids cartoon'....when it's also women complaining too!

They also can't tell if she's a teen or an adult, it's so badly drawn. Twitter has her pegged at 22 or so by show sources. if that's the case, at least draw her in proportion for an adult human. all the characters look like shrunken down kids! or at least a stylized version of them. not sure what the hell Glimmer is supposed to be.

That's the main complaints i'm seeing. I'd suggest stop hanging around twitter if those are comments your seeing quoted above...smh.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:42 PM   #73
sdp
Megan Fox = April

29 minute rant on SheRa's new look?

She looks like a boy because of some awful decisions though mixed up, it's not any one specific but a combination of all of them. No chest? Top of the hair doesn't seem long until you focus on it?Thick eye brows? No earrings/lipstick/eye shadow/etc? I guess all of these are not necessary but all these traits in this one character and she looks like a crossdresser or atransexual woman but whatever. One of She-Ra's friends in that preview is also fat and I'm guessing she's a warrior so it seems they're pushing an agenda, but wouldn't this be the perfect show to do exactly this? I can't think of a better one to do it on.

For comparison shots here we have classic she-ra and fan art of what SheRa would look like in the 2002 art style.

Original She-Ra looks like Barbie cosplaying though she doesn't look too bad, she can pull off the hero look since it's similar to Wonder Woman. 2002 She-Ra looks awesome though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Didn't He-Man get two reboots already though? Also another movie coming, that still happening?
I preferred He-man as a child but I did watch some of She-Ra.

I don't care for the design but it seems to go with modern toons and I'm not likely to watch anyway so ...
When I was a kid I rarely caught He-Man reruns anymore but I did catch a few She-Ra every once in a while so I guess I grew up more with She-Ra but neither cartoon was really a staple of my childhood since they were just too 80s for me and I preferred modern 90s cartoons.

He-Man got a continuation/semi-reboot that is more 90s like and he went to space but it didn't last. I had an action figure of He-Man/Skelletor from this cartoon. He also had a reboot in 2002 that apparently was awesome but failed because of bad toy sales.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:47 PM   #74
plastroncafe

Can't tell if she's an adult or a teen?
Gosh, why would an adult need to know that about a fictional character...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-16-2018, 04:55 PM   #75
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Honestly I find this one more feminine. The original She-ra always looked "manly"
Only if you can't see difference between a woman and a man.

This one looks like a tomboy teenager. She only needs some piercings and blue hair to complete the picture. And, BTW, why is she looks like teenager in the first place?
Oh, I forgot, in this day and age celebration of women looking like a women is not "progressive" enough.

But this trend of kiddifying characters is really something odd in general. Though, after teenage Raiden from new Mortal Kombat movie script, I don't think I can be surprised any longer.

Quote:
She doesn't have to be a Jungian archetype goddess figure with a bimbo physique and the vocabulary of Alan Moore. It's a cartoon aimed at kids, just like the original. I didn't realize She-Ra had fanboys.
Looking like a normal woman, with a normal female figure, is not having a "bimbo physics". Unless you know what women look like only from Tumblr that is.

Quote:
I love how you immediately dismiss all criticism as nerds crying that she is "not sexy enough to fap".
This type of deflection is intellectually shallow and pathetic. Please, figure out something better. One can have concerns about art style without it being linked to the desire to have sex with fictional characters.

Last edited by Sumac; 07-16-2018 at 05:04 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:56 PM   #76
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-16-2018, 04:58 PM   #77
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well the original He-Man/She-Ra cast looked like they were in their 30s so at least it's an improvement

Quote:
People gotta know if drawings are legal or not, DeviantArt doesn't seem to care though!

DO NOT JUDGE THEIR WAIFU OF CHOICE!
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:05 PM   #78
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
you ever seen a fandom that would literally celebrate a fictional character's birthday?

Heck, i gotta know if a character can drink alcohol or not.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #79
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

all the SJW's on twitter are saying the only reason people hate the new redesign because she isn't spank material.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #80
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Looking like a normal woman, with a normal female figure, is not having a "bimbo physics". Unless you know what women look like only from Tumblr that is.
Spoiler:

Dude, I wish normal women looked like this.

OG She-Ra was always idealized, just like He-Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I love how you immediately dismiss all criticism as nerds crying that she is "not sexy enough to fap".
This type of deflection is intellectually shallow and pathetic. Please, figure out something better. One can have concerns about art style without it being linked to the desire to have sex with fictional characters.
Like I said in an earlier post, I can't stand 2012 TMNT or Rise, I think the designs are ugly as sin...and I have no desire to doink the TMNT.

Quote:
Quote:

Tags
i like agendas, she-nah, where's loo-kee?