The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2018, 09:23 AM   #81
cloud
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
So is anyone going to sell a set of these? PM me and let me know what you are wanting for them.
I doubt these will perform very well.
I would hold off.
I was able to get previous exclusives for a reasonable price.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:18 AM   #82
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,701
Did anyone pick up a spare set of these? if so PM and let me know what you guys want for them. Lokking to buy all 4. Thanks
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)

Last edited by TheBlueTurtle1; 07-25-2018 at 06:23 AM.
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:11 AM   #83
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier
 
SilverNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NY (formerly from CA)
Posts: 117
I know some people here have said to hold out, but I caved and purchased a Leo. Luckily he was nowhere near the crazy asking price of $150. I feel some of the asking prices for all 4 aren't too bad either, but finding them individually is somewhat scarce and most aren't willing to break up the set.

Does anyone know where to get the previous exclusive releases with better paint and nifty velvet boxes (the 2012 style figures)?
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:35 AM   #84
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Did anyone pick up a spare set of these? if so PM and let me know what you guys want for them. Lokking to buy all 4. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
I know some people here have said to hold out, but I caved and purchased a Leo. Luckily he was nowhere near the crazy asking price of $150. I feel some of the asking prices for all 4 aren't too bad either, but finding them individually is somewhat scarce and most aren't willing to break up the set.

Does anyone know where to get the previous exclusive releases with better paint and nifty velvet boxes (the 2012 style figures)?
I am seeing the full sets (all 4 turtles) on eBay for 179-ish. I am not sure where you guys are seeing 150 per turtle.
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.spacemonkeytoys.com/
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:43 AM   #85
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier
 
SilverNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NY (formerly from CA)
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
I am seeing the full sets (all 4 turtles) on eBay for 179-ish. I am not sure where you guys are seeing 150 per turtle.
Check out the "Sold Items" on eBay.

All four sold for $150 each as a pre-sale. Absolutely crazy!
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:03 PM   #86
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 8,277
I think I went by the Nick booth on Saturday and they were all sold out for the day, so someone was buying them all.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:05 PM   #87
ColinStein
Foot Soldier
 
ColinStein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 134
I bought a Leo because... well I was wasting some time at SDCC. I walked up, asked if they had any left and they had 2 Leos and a handful of Donnies. It was really easy on I think... Friday?

I wouldn't recommend buying these. The toy is not really good quality and that's quick review from someone who really likes the 2012 original toy line. I'm probably leaving him in the box since he doesn't pose very well at all. So worth the $30? Nah.
__________________
ColinStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:57 PM   #88
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinStein View Post
I bought a Leo because... well I was wasting some time at SDCC. I walked up, asked if they had any left and they had 2 Leos and a handful of Donnies. It was really easy on I think... Friday?

I wouldn't recommend buying these. The toy is not really good quality and that's quick review from someone who really likes the 2012 original toy line. I'm probably leaving him in the box since he doesn't pose very well at all. So worth the $30? Nah.
Thanks for that...I was starting to get tempted
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.spacemonkeytoys.com/
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:34 PM   #89
cloud
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
I know some people here have said to hold out, but I caved and purchased a Leo. Luckily he was nowhere near the crazy asking price of $150. I feel some of the asking prices for all 4 aren't too bad either, but finding them individually is somewhat scarce and most aren't willing to break up the set.

Does anyone know where to get the previous exclusive releases with better paint and nifty velvet boxes (the 2012 style figures)?
The 2012 exclusives may be hard to find. I've seen people receiving them from Playmates for Toy reviews. If I remember correctly these exclusive better painted versions were given out as swag at Toy Fair or some other events. Were never for sale like the Rise TMNT.
The only exclusives released for the Nick Toon line was a chromed armor Shredder, and a chrome piece 11 inch space Leonardo. There was also a black and white exclusive of the mirage Raphael.

For this years SDCC exclusives, the turtles did sold pretty well. I think Donatello for some reason was the best seller. Sold out before his not brothers.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #90
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
Does anyone know where to get the previous exclusive releases with better paint and nifty velvet boxes (the 2012 style figures)?
At this point? eBay is best bet. It's been 6 years and the Toy Fair 2012 figures was not sold but given out to TF12 attendees in a goodie bag, and at this point those who own a figure probably are the ones who want to keep them.

But there's always someone who needs to sell something. Although I'd guess the price would be really high, iirc some figures went for $400 on the second hand marked when things was at the craziest.

Edit: the last Toy Fair 2012 Turtle listing on eBay sold for $120

The previous Comic Con exclusives wouldn't be too hard to find, they where usually available for sale outside of the convention
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:48 AM   #91
DonnieLaForge
Hench Mutant
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
The only exclusives released for the Nick Toon line was a chromed armor Shredder, and a chrome piece 11 inch space Leonardo. There was also a black and white exclusive OF the mirage Raphael.
Don't forget the first one, Night Shadow Leo. Wave 1 figure with stylized black shadow paint effect. Similar to general release Color Changing Shadow Ninja Leo but much more well executed and not color changing (and not that rubbery color change plastic)...

And certainly don't forget last year's Usagi!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:48 PM   #92
ColinStein
Foot Soldier
 
ColinStein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
For this years SDCC exclusives, the turtles did sold pretty well. I think Donatello for some reason was the best seller. Sold out before his not brothers.
That's not my experience. They had a tall stack of Donnie's left when I picked up my 2nd to last Leo. They were out of Mikey and Raph. But that was about 2pm on Friday.
__________________
ColinStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:20 PM   #93
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier
 
SilverNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NY (formerly from CA)
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
The 2012 exclusives may be hard to find. I've seen people receiving them from Playmates for Toy reviews. If I remember correctly these exclusive better painted versions were given out as swag at Toy Fair or some other events. Were never for sale like the Rise TMNT.
The only exclusives released for the Nick Toon line was a chromed armor Shredder, and a chrome piece 11 inch space Leonardo. There was also a black and white exclusive of the mirage Raphael.

For this years SDCC exclusives, the turtles did sold pretty well. I think Donatello for some reason was the best seller. Sold out before his not brothers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
At this point? eBay is best bet. It's been 6 years and the Toy Fair 2012 figures was not sold but given out to TF12 attendees in a goodie bag, and at this point those who own a figure probably are the ones who want to keep them.

But there's always someone who needs to sell something. Although I'd guess the price would be really high, iirc some figures went for $400 on the second hand marked when things was at the craziest.

Edit: the last Toy Fair 2012 Turtle listing on eBay sold for $120

The previous Comic Con exclusives wouldn't be too hard to find, they where usually available for sale outside of the convention
I appreciate the responses, so thanks guys.

I totally figured as much, that the SDCC exclusive figures in the velvet lined boxes would be scarce these days. I honestly didn't know of their existence, so I just totally missed out. I did know about the 11" chrome space Leo and the mirage Raphael, but I wasn't interested and passed on those.

I received my SDCC exclusive Rise Leo recently and I'm happy with what I see, BUT I have not taken the figure out and actually played around with it. If anything, it looks pretty cool in the packaging and I like seeing Leo with the additional yellow stripes. Is it worth what I paid? No...but I'm addicted to purchasing everything Leo.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:04 PM   #94
ZacksSoUgly
Thug
 
ZacksSoUgly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 91
I really wanted a set of these 'cos I love that the paint apps are show accurate, but seeing that they can't hold their weapons well and that they don't pose well is a bummer. Think I'd only grab them now if the price was too good to pass up which at this point doesn't look like it's going to happen.
__________________
Check out TMNT articles I've written for The Hundreds :
TMNT Movie Rankings
Top 10 Comics of 2015
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:48 PM   #95
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 8,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
I totally figured as much, that the SDCC exclusive figures in the velvet lined boxes would be scarce these days. I honestly didn't know of their existence, so I just totally missed out.
What you're describing was never sold at SDCC. You're describing the Toy Fair figures that were given away, not sold.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:09 PM   #96
cloud
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinStein View Post
That's not my experience. They had a tall stack of Donnie's left when I picked up my 2nd to last Leo. They were out of Mikey and Raph. But that was about 2pm on Friday.
Ya. I think it varies by day. Hard to gauge who's the most popular turtle.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.