The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #3581
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Can someone explain to me Legacy Wars?

How does it fare with other free to play games?

So, in it you get rangers from different generations right? If I start playing now have I missed any exclusive stuff?
It's a fighting game that has you exclusively fighting other players

http://playlegacywars.com/

You can unlock other characters via the stuff you get after leveling up or winning a battle or you can do it the cheap way and pay to win.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:02 PM   #3582
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The titles for Ninja Steel episodes nine through twelve and their descriptions are out.

9. Rocking and Rolling
10. The Ranger Ribbon
11. Poisonous Plots
12. Family Fusion

The descriptions are in the link if you don't mind being spoiled.

https://www.powerrangersnow.com/new-...isode-details/
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #3583
Allio
Foot Elite

Old 07-29-2017, 08:38 PM   #3584
sdp
-

I wrote a review forVR Troopers and Super-Human Samurai Syber Squad a few weeks ago for those interested. SSSS I absolutely love and the faults are nostalgic to me so all around awesome. VR Troopers was a show I hated as a kid but never really watched and at first I hated it but by the end of the first season I learned to love it.

Also, I started Legacy Wars which I hate myself for it since I hate free to play games but having Rangers from every season is just awesome, I hope I haven't missed any timed ranger events that F2P games usually have.

Power Rangers already had a "legacy" fighting game, I think it only came out on iphone and it's been a long time ago, the graphics were awesomely realistic but the game chugged on the current years iphone at that time, I never did play it much. At least this game is a little bit better but the graphics are not better.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:20 AM   #3585
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
I wrote a review forVR Troopers and Super-Human Samurai Syber Squad a few weeks ago for those interested. SSSS I absolutely love and the faults are nostalgic to me so all around awesome. VR Troopers was a show I hated as a kid but never really watched and at first I hated it but by the end of the first season I learned to love it.

Also, I started Legacy Wars which I hate myself for it since I hate free to play games but having Rangers from every season is just awesome, I hope I haven't missed any timed ranger events that F2P games usually have.

Power Rangers already had a "legacy" fighting game, I think it only came out on iphone and it's been a long time ago, the graphics were awesomely realistic but the game chugged on the current years iphone at that time, I never did play it much. At least this game is a little bit better but the graphics are not better.
http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/P...angers_Legends

That? Yeah it was fun for like a month. Also it's 2017, I dont know why people are still focused on graphics, especially on mobile games, lol.

Old 07-30-2017, 04:16 AM   #3586
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Good review of Troopers sdp. I'll have to check out the Time Out episode, this series really needed to have a proper finale. It pisses me off this and Beetleborgs just end with unresolved plot threads or the characters wind up in stalemate.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 07:10 PM   #3587
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Good review of Troopers sdp. I'll have to check out the Time Out episode, this series really needed to have a proper finale. It pisses me off this and Beetleborgs just end with unresolved plot threads or the characters wind up in stalemate.
Thanks, yeah that show is a mess but man did it grow on me. I really want to see a new AmeriToku that isn't Power Rangers, hell not even another Kamen Rider adaptation but yeah I doubt it'll happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/P...angers_Legends

That? Yeah it was fun for like a month. Also it's 2017, I dont know why people are still focused on graphics, especially on mobile games, lol.
Yeah, that was the game, oddly it's not on wikipedia or even linked directly to the other mobile games on the power rangers wiki, odd, if you don't know about it you can't search for it.

I'm not a graphics whore if that's what you're trying to imply, but that game did have very nice graphics and was released what 4 years ago? This game has decent graphics too, just not as good if I go from memory.

Anywho I've played Legacy Wars all day yesterday and now that I know how the paid currencies work and all the different currencies it has and what's available I'm already losing interest. I had fun unlocking those first few Rangers but yeah this game is not for me.

Hopefully we have a game like this that you unlock rangers in another platform, but I doubt it, PRs seems to have stayed a mobile franchise. I'm still bitter that the MMPR game had the Steam version cancelled...
Old 08-03-2017, 10:26 AM   #3588
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The MMPR game on console is punishing. I rage quit after the 2nd level and havent picked it back up since.

Power Rangers' final box office total is 141.9 million
https://www.powerrangersnow.com/powe...ffice-results/

Old 08-03-2017, 10:34 AM   #3589
Allio
Foot Elite

Did not care much for the game.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:37 PM   #3590
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post

Power Rangers' final box office total is 141.9 million
https://www.powerrangersnow.com/powe...ffice-results/
It actually looks like the film will have a final worldwide gross of exactly $142 million.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...rrangers16.htm
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:02 PM   #3591
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Gingaman is the next Sentai Shout is doing

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/07/...shout-factory/
man, it is just so amazing. To think just a few years ago the idea of having tokusatsu, that isn't an american adaptation (or Godzilla), in the states would have been a fools dream. And now look

Super Sentai on dvd
Garo (both Anime and TV) on Blu-ray
Ultraman on Crunchyroll as well as the Ultraman Manga
and maybe one day that Amazons will come too.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #3592
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Dinocharge actor Micheal Taber drunkingly tweeted regrets of appearing in the show

Old 08-08-2017, 01:02 AM   #3593
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
The titles for Ninja Steel episodes nine through twelve and their descriptions are out.

9. Rocking and Rolling
10. The Ranger Ribbon
11. Poisonous Plots
12. Family Fusion

The descriptions are in the link if you don't mind being spoiled.

https://www.powerrangersnow.com/new-...isode-details/
Can't wait for em to air.

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:37 PM   #3594
Allio
Foot Elite

so just read the first chapter of the Kamen Rider W sequel manga. I think I am going to love it. did not expect nips

This marks what? Three Kamen Rider manga? Spirits Neo, Kuuga and now W?
Old 08-13-2017, 09:47 AM   #3595
sdp
-

So the new comic go go power rangers is just a spin-off of the current one or a new take? This one seems more appealing than the fanfic sounding current one.

Also, how is Ninja Steel doing so far? What's the general consensus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
http://i1.wp.com/tokusatsunetwork.co...es-2.jpg?w=424

so just read the first chapter of the Kamen Rider W sequel manga. I think I am going to love it. did not expect nips

This marks what? Three Kamen Rider manga? Spirits Neo, Kuuga and now W?
nips as in nipples or japanese people ?

I really liked double but not sure if I'd read a sequel manga. I was always interested in Spirits though.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #3596
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Also, how is Ninja Steel doing so far? What's the general consensus.
Fans aren't taking too well to it, and would rather not have to put up with Victor and Monty.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:02 PM   #3597
SophieDem
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Fans aren't taking too well to it, and would rather not have to put up with Victor and Monty.
Victor and Monty are just redundant comedy elements, in my opninion. Bulk and Skull spin-off, if you wish. My great problem with this season is the childish jokes and the lack of 'life' in the show. I've only seen a few episodes (4-5 maybe), but I found them really cringy. Yes, it is really creative with Brody coming from space, the ninja stars, the monster championship, hayley and Calvin being a couple prior being rangers... But... I don't know. The acting was way better in Dino charge, these actors are just lifeless. Ok, there are a few good ones. Dino Charge and Dino Supercharge were good, however, PR is going on a downhill again.

My opinion though.

Leo and Long-Neck Alien is my otp. - Candy Kappa

SHIPPER! SHIPPER I TELL YOU!
SophieDem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:32 PM   #3598
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I love both Dino Charge seasons, but the hardcore fans were starting to rag on Supercharge a bit too last year. I think it's the new writers they brought on that work with Judd that are seen as the weak links.

It doesn't help that the Sentai Ninja Steel is based off on isn't very popular either.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:55 PM   #3599
sdp
-

I forgot to mention that I uninstalled Legacy Wars, I liked the idea but it wasn't implemented very well.

I've never watched Super Sentai, would you guys recommend Go-Busters? I'm not really interested in checking another sentai out, since I'd rather check the "inferior" power rangers version and the older ones are too old, so it's either that one or none at all.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:25 PM   #3600
Allio
Foot Elite

Gobusters is definitely a sentai worth checking out. Considering the ranger keys were still selling that year so they decided to do something a little different, which we see in things such as: pleather, real time transformation, robot companions per ranger, and amazing cockpits. As well as the show having amazing mech fights.

The only down side was that like Gekiranger, a semi-serious season, toy sales for Gobusters lacked and seems to be a failure in Bandai's eyes.

Only thing I could possibly recommend is watching Gobusters returns after the show's Christmas episodes as chronological that is when it takes place. Granted it basically Gobusters/sentai so it might be safe to save it last.

Honestly I would recommend all three skipped sentai (Gobusters, toqgers, zyuohger) maybe the other two over toq for aesthetics.

Last edited by Allio; 08-13-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power rangers