The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-30-2017, 07:05 PM   #41
tmntman
Mad Scientist

So has anyone else found that the Sonic employees seem to be really bad/inefficient at their jobs? I stopped at two different locations near me earlier to pick up a set and both times the employees seem to have a very difficult time understanding the concept of "I want one of each toy." I stopped today again wanting to pick up the few that they missed the first time to complete two sets. At both locations I said exactly what I wanted only for them to double check, tell me they had them at the drive thru speaker only to not have them when I pulled around.

At the second place I stopped today I asked for a Michelangelo and all four of the plastic masks. They actually had pulled the toys and had them sitting at the register for me as I pulled up. The cashier then rang me up for the five toys I wanted. And then, only after having already processed the payment for the items which they knew they didn't have, did he say he didn't actually have four of the five I was looking for. Would it be alright if I gave you four random items instead? And then to top it off, he did have one of the masks in his hand!

Oh well. In the end I did get all of the figures I wanted. I'm just missing a Leonardo mask.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:31 PM   #42
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
So has anyone else found that the Sonic employees seem to be really bad/inefficient at their jobs?
God yes. I had a feeling they hired a bunch of young newbies for the summer, though it was late enough summer you'd think they'd have picked up on it by now. We had a hard enough time just ordering our food. (Maybe it was his first day?) Kid over the speaker said we couldn't pick what figures or buy them separately... Though the one who brought our stuff out was willing to go ask and came back with them. Originally I was hoping to get all Turtles, but since it was like pulling teeth, I just settled for Leo for me and Mikey for my nephew.

Btw, if anyone has played around with the sponsored game and needs codes:

Leo - Stealth & ___?___
Donnie - Brains & Tech
Mikey - Pizza & ___?___
Raph - Hothead & ___?___

Baddies: Alien, Foot, & ___?___

Does the sticker pack come with one? The ones in bold I just figured out by guessing. Can't for the life of me figure out the question mark ones. Honestly I'm surprised I haven't guessed the rest of the Turtle's ones yet, but none of the other obvious choices related to them have worked... Hmm. (Game is pretty short which is disappointing, but still curious at what I haven't guessed yet. lol)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:48 AM   #43
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

I waited 40 minutes for my order... Got Donatello figure for $2.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:10 PM   #44
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

https://www.sonicdrivein.com/wackypack

The Sonic near me didn’t even have the last TMNT sets when I checked. So I’ll probably pass on even looking this time. But still sorta cool.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:28 PM   #45
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

They have em here in mid tn
My son got some
Old 07-31-2018, 02:32 PM   #46
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
They have em here in mid tn
My son got some
Nice! Did they have them all?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:34 PM   #47
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

The foot and mike
Need to
Go back to see if they got different ones
Old 07-31-2018, 03:06 PM   #48
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Man I really can’t get behind these looks.

Donny looks like a dang 9 volt battery.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:18 PM   #49
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Haha great observation
Old 07-31-2018, 10:04 PM   #50
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Guess I need to head out to the outskirts of town where there is actually a Sonic.

I hope they are better with them this year. I have still never been able to find a single Leonardo mask from that set.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:53 AM   #51
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Man I really can’t get behind these looks.

Donny looks like a dang 9 volt battery.
I literally laughed out loud at work when I read this! So true!

Even though the looks of these turtles are odd, I'm still drawn to them for some reason.

To avoid the hassle, I purchased a full set off someone on Mercari. I hate the food at Sonic and they are always obnoxiously busy. Also trying to communicate with the employees, asking which TMNT characters/toys they have is kind of the worst. I had no shame collecting toys from fast food joints many years ago. They'd bring out the box for me to dig through, haha.

I bought just the figures from the last set (no sticker pack or kid bandana glasses), but this entire new set is kind of fun. I paid $15 shipped and I'm totally ok with that since it means avoiding Sonic and the hassle of returning visits in case they did not have the entire set all at once.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:57 AM   #52
Shark_Blade
Emperor

They look cute. :3
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:39 PM   #53
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I tried to buy a set off ebay but after 20 bucks I let it go. I have a Sonic around but it's a hike. Looks like I'll give that a try first before going back to ebay.

If anyone is able to get a set for resell I'll buy one. Not looking for a super high mark up, but I'll certainly pay a little for the services... even though yes... Donnie does look like a 9 volt battery.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:51 PM   #54
Powder
So tired of this place

The likenesses on these are really good, in the face/head, anyway. Tempting.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:45 PM   #55
Ninjinister
無問題

Sonic Wack Pack sounds too much like something you'd see looking up a certain Sega character on DeviantArt.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:36 PM   #56
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

Grabbed a set of all four Turtles, but had to hit two Sonics to accomplish that. First one said they only had the trading cards. Next one had everything, so I grabbed what I wanted and split. I don't want to spend anymore time in a Sonic than I need to. Glad y'all are pointing out that they have bad service. Thought it was just the one near me.
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:49 PM   #57
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I dunna. Our town has 3 (2 near me and one on the far side of town) Sonics and it's gotten to the point that if I ever want anything from Sonic I'm gonna go the the one that is not right next to my house anymore.

I went Thursday. Ordered 2 Wacky Packs with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Tots, and Apple Juice in 1 and Orange in the other. Took a while, said they had a new system so I shrugged it off and ordered my wife's foot long coney, tots, and blueberry shake. Another long delay...whatever. Ordered my meal, 12 wings (6 one flavor, 6 another), mozzarella sticks and a hot Fudge/Caramel shake which I thought would be the hardest order to fill....took no time. Car Hop gives the meals, but realizes he only has the kids meals and shakes. Goes back for the Coney and Wings....I should have inventoried then and there, but drove home.

Got home, realized my wife's tots and my motz are missing. Drive back to the Sonic and say they were missing, they apologize and say they'll be right out. 30 minutes and a second button press later I finally got the tots and motz. In their defense, they did upsize them from medium to large because of the wait, and gave me 2 $2 off coupons, which I doubt I'll use.

And to top it off...the Wacky Pack Prizes....were old Angry Birds toys. Not TMNT.

EDIT: Wife says the Boys' Wacky Packs were cold, the tots were over done and hard. Our 14 Month old, who usually tears up a grilled cheese ended up feeding most of it to the dog.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:09 AM   #58
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I made an attempt as well. While I sat there watching the animated touchscreen advertisement saying I would receive TMNT toys in a wacky pack, the woman on the intercom was telling me that they only have "dinosaur stickers". Wut? Was the the last promotion? What a crappy promotion. I know some chains keep a different toy for the youngest age bracket, maybe that's what she was looking at?
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 06:34 PM   #59
tmntman
Mad Scientist

So I went to the only Sonic still operating in my area. They had zero signage about the TMNT promotion. And when I asked about what they had, they weren't really sure. The best they could tell me was that they had 5 different toys. So I took 2 of each. To their credit, they had no problem honoring the order or finding two of each one they had. So I came home with:

Raphael
Donatello
Michelangelo
Origami Ninja with spear
and Donnie's drone.

No sign of the other Origami Ninja, the trading cards and annoyingly, no Leonardo.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:44 AM   #60
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Got some coupons for any day and time 1.99 happy meals
Need to go get some turtle merchandise...cough cough .. I mean get em for my kids