The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the government shutdown?
This is outrageous 2 15.38%
This doesn't matter at all 4 30.77%
There's a government shutdown? 4 30.77%
It's worth it, we need to save DACA! 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 07:27 AM   #81
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
I did refute your statement.

Please stop wasting bandwidth.
Okay, if you say so...

You will refute me when you can point to a single instance where Trump has done something that has, (a) negatively impacted the country in some unique and/or horribly irreversible way, or (b) prove that you're not ideologically slanted against a man that you deem as something silly because it's repeated over and over by the same corporate shills on the TV.

6 companies own every media outlet in the US. That includes fox news. Trump wasn't molded by them. He's not in their sandbox. That's why they hate him. Do you really think they give a care about what's going on with us? No. Not even remotely. It's about power and influence. They can't get him like the got Obozo or the Dubbya. That's why they hate him and argue against everything he does. When Obama promised to remove troops from Afghanistan, they lauded him as the best thing ever. Now that Trump is doing the same, they are saying it's shortsighted and that he doesn't understand the 'complex' issues in meddling in a foreign government. This isn't even about Hillary at this point. This is just about hating on Trump because it gets them ratings and makes corporations money.

Mind you, they did the same exact thing with Bernie. Read Donna Braziles' book. It's all there.

Oh, and I still haven't resulted to insults.

Uh huh. Complimenting me. It's okay. I get it.

Now, if you want to talk about Trump's idiotic tariffs or other equally stupid trade deals than I am absolutely willing to listen. The rest? No. That's silly stuff. That's not real. That's just the unhinged fantasies of a bunch of crybabies that are mad they didn't get to have their way back in 2016.

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-10-2019 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:40 AM   #82
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

And were I to give them to you, you would change your mind? You wouldn't wave them away with "What about Obama, he did such-n-such"?

Why waste my time?

Also, you did insult me. You used foul language, took a bellicose demeanor, assumed my political affiliation, unjustly criticized my status as a moderator, not to mention continuing to waste storage space after I asked you politely to stop. . .

And here I am, cast as some villain for admiring velcro.

So I ask you politely one last time: please stop insulting me and please stop wasting bandwidth.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:48 AM   #83
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
And were I to give them to you, you would change your mind? You wouldn't wave them away with "What about Obama, he did such-n-such"?

Why waste my time?

Also, you did insult me. You used foul language, took a bellicose demeanor, assumed my political affiliation, unjustly criticized my status as a moderator, not to mention continuing to waste storage space after I asked you politely to stop. . .

And here I am, cast as some villain for admiring velcro.

So I ask you politely one last time: please stop insulting me and please stop wasting bandwidth.
lmao. We both know what you did. You actually made fun of the intellectly disabled. I'm sure you'll delete my posts next and claim I did something horrible to you. I've also stopped using foul language as per your one instruction.

I'm not casting you as anything. I'm just pointing out what you did. I'm sure your next step will be to ban me from the board for pointing out the truth.

Is there something wrong with talking about presidents and their actions as a measuring stick to the current president? That's done all the time.

Oh, and Bandwidth is just the amount of time it takes a piece of information to be transmitted from one point to another. My posts aren't harming anything. Unless you're trying to make some implication using that second, less known, definition.

I am always willing to listen to unbiased media sources that aren't dealing in scare tactics. That can no longer be said for most of the major news outlets. Unfortunately.

It's odd that you're asking me to stop talking about the topic at hand. We're talking about the Shutdown. How is that wasteful at all. Is it because I hold opinions that you don't? I'm more than willing to take this to PM.

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-10-2019 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:52 AM   #84
Vegita-San
Emperor

regarding russia.

while i think it's a bit overblown, and being used by the democrats to try and slander him anyway theycan (the republicans do the same thing)......I think we'd be fools to think trump DOESN'T have some kind of russian connections. the democrats probably do too.

whether or not they influenced the election somehow is the question, and after 3 years, no real proof yet. yet, the dems infleunced their own side of the election and got away with it.

so, yeah, trump fits right in with all the other scumbags in washington on all sides.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 01-10-2019, 08:01 AM   #85
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
regarding russia.

while i think it's a bit overblown, and being used by the democrats to try and slander him anyway theycan (the republicans do the same thing)......I think we'd be fools to think trump DOESN'T have some kind of russian connections. the democrats probably do too.

whether or not they influenced the election somehow is the question, and after 3 years, no real proof yet. yet, the dems infleunced their own side of the election and got away with it.

so, yeah, trump fits right in with all the other scumbags in washington on all sides.
That's fair. There probably is a connection. He is a businessman with businesses all over the world. Does that mean Russia colluded with him to overthrow the election? No. And how? Did Boris run into the polling places and switch the votes? Of course not.

My only thought about this entire situation is we need to go after the things he's actually doing. Not the silly stuff that has no verifiable evidence.

That said, if the Mueller probe does show something illegal has happened, then I hope Trump is impeached, thrown out of office and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I think any rational person would agree with that.

I'm not a fan of Trump... there is enough stink around him that there is probably something there. I don't think it's Russian collusion.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:04 AM   #86
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Please stop antagonizing me. I'd rather not have to lock the thread.

Edit: It seems I've struck a nerve. Thread locked until the issue is resolved.

Edit 2: Reopened.

My apologies for that unpleasantness.

Last edited by Voltron; 01-10-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:52 AM   #87
BartAllen
Banned

You open up the thread again after you've deleted all your own incriminating posts making fun of people that don't share your particular bias? Wow, can someone say fascism? lmao.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #88
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

*sigh* I didn't delete anything, but if you insist on dragging this out. . .

LOCKED.

Tags
andrew likes tags, i am the one who cucks, not my government, political, saymyname, trump did nothing wrong, trump is hitler, yeahb!tch