The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-18-2018, 03:59 AM   #481
bushido
Stone Warrior

It's tuesday. Here is the preview for issue 008: http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/n...rban-legends-8

Last edited by bushido; 02-16-2019 at 02:04 PM.
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #482
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Some of the pages look a bit rough in this one.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:18 PM   #483
bushido
Stone Warrior

Preview for issue 009: https://13thdimension.com/sneak-peek...ban-legends-9/

Last edited by bushido; 02-17-2019 at 05:22 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:37 PM   #484
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ah, the issue where, "not Batman" appears in to fight Man-bat Splinter. They knew what they were doing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:44 PM   #485
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Ah, the issue where, "not Batman" appears in to fight Man-bat Splinter. They knew what they were doing.
That's the entire point of the book where the character originated ("Big Bang Comics")
Old 02-16-2019, 02:04 PM   #486
bushido
Stone Warrior

Preview for issue 010: https://13thdimension.com/sneak-peek...an-legends-10/

Last edited by bushido; 02-17-2019 at 05:22 AM.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:31 PM   #487
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
Ah yes, the issue where Raph gets drunk at a strip club and Mikey does his hardest to get laid with Horridus.

Good, family-friendly Ninja Turtles at its finest.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:33 PM   #488
CyberCubed
Overlord

Read the last few issues, honestly the crossover with the Image superheroes is kinda my least favorite part of this run. Granted I don't read Savage Dragon so I don't know about him outside the crossovers, but these just kinda feel like Turtles guest starring in another book. Thankfully issue #13 is when the Raph/Foot Clan/New Shredder arc starts so it gets really good from there till the end.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:43 PM   #489
Galactus
Foot Elite

I don't really mind the crossover with the Dragon so much, while I'm not a follower of the character it makes sense for the turtles to crossover with one of Image's top characters who they have crossed over with before and share some creative staff. It was a innocent enough diversion and from what I've read it was done to increase sales by getting fans of Erik Larsen's Savage Dragon series to but TMNT so I can't fault them there.

It's the crossover with Vanguard that bothers me. One of Larsen's defunct characters so I'm not sure how that was going to increase sales and the whole thing was done to resolve a dangling plot line in the cancelled Vanguard book.

That too might have been an innocent enough diversion but since it was an A/B plot with the turtles helping Vanguard hunt Deathwatch and the far more interesting Raph and the Foot story one got the short end of the stick and it was the one TMNT fans would be most into.

On a separate note I wondered how they would handle the colour when Fosco seemed to adjust to drawing a black and white book largely without tones. I must say I'm quite impressed.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:47 PM   #490
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

One thing I still wish they'd have done (and I'm pretty sure I have letters in the lettercol to this end) was make a bigger effort utilizing the rest of the Image universe to really make the TMNT at home, and attract interest.

Like, a Spawn crossover where Tony Twist teamed with Puzorelli or something could have been great. I bet tons of Spawn fans were TMNT fans, TMNT fans that had no idea there was even an Image TMNT comic on the shelves. I don't think Todd McFarlane would have said no. I'm not saying he'd draw the thing, but he'd probably sign off on it.

They'd already done Savage Dragon crossovers and that didn't move the meter much.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:36 AM   #491
neatoman
Emperor

Uh yeah, even though I have a Savage Dragon trade I haven't read it. I'm honestly kind of lost here in regards to who these characters are and why they're important.

Regardless, I find it a bit... Odd that there's a TMNT story, that is not Fred Wolf, in which the Turtles can just walk around freely amongst humans sometimes but other times still feel the need to hide. Even though I doubt it's intentional, I didn't the Image series would remind me of Fred Wolf and definitly not in that aspect.

I wonder though, if the idea is that they have to hide in New York but can move freely in Chicago, why not just move to Chicago?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:05 AM   #492
CyberCubed
Overlord

That has always been weird in Mirage as well when all the superheroes are flying around and respected, but I guess it depends where you live.

As for the new coloring it's pretty good, I assume all the Image characters are colored correctly, like all the minor ones from the Vicious circle? Sara is orange, Dragon is green of course, Ms. Wells is dark skinned, etc. One thing I like about the coloring is it really shows how much Raph's face has healed since the first few issues, it was never as noticeable in black and white.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:55 AM   #493
Abnormal Freak
Stone Warrior

Haven't posted here in forever, only recently found out Vol. 3 was being collected and completed.

The most recent previews illustrate something that worries me about collecting the series in color. It's my understanding that for the first few issues, it was assumed they'd be printed in color during the original Image run. There were some pages in the first issue that were so dense with detail that it became muddled in B&W. Those previews from the color issue 1 look good because the scenes are easier to discern.

However, since the series had been published in B&W, Fosco soon developed a simplistic, high-contrast style that I can only imagine working in B&W. I'm worried how much of this stuff is going to look in color because I think it's kind of a disservice to the artistic intent. I suppose I'll get used to it (I'm waiting for the trades) but the mindset of colorizing everything is disappointing.

The following is one of my all-time favorite TMNT drawings. There's no way this could ever look so striking in color.

Spoiler:
Old 03-03-2019, 03:36 AM   #494
bushido
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal Freak View Post
The following is one of my all-time favorite TMNT drawings. There's no way this could ever look so striking in color.

Judge by yourself:

Spoiler:
Old 03-03-2019, 03:57 AM   #495
Abnormal Freak
Stone Warrior

The color choices definitely work well with the art, so that assuages my worries greatly. I'll be happy to finally have the whole series collected.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:46 AM   #496
Shedder
Hench Mutant

Plus the 3 issues at the end to officially close the volume
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:36 PM   #497
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
Plus the 3 issues at the end to officially close the volume
So apart from those has every issue of Volume 3 now been completed and released?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:55 AM   #498
Chet
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
So apart from those has every issue of Volume 3 now been completed and released?
10 is out, 11 is sometime this month

https://www.idwpublishing.com/produc...urban-legends/
Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #499
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Ah yes, the issue where Raph gets drunk at a strip club and Mikey does his hardest to get laid with Horridus.

Good, family-friendly Ninja Turtles at its finest.
Lmao yeah this issue was a bit over the top hardcore extreme in trying to show how grown up the Turtles had become.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #500
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Lmao yeah this issue was a bit over the top hardcore extreme in trying to show how grown up the Turtles had become.
I don't MIND it, but I can't not laugh at it. Raphael at a supervillain titty bar. Yup, no cowabunga or pizza HERE, Turtles fans.

Tags
cferreira, cyborg donatello, image, image tmnt, shredder raphael, urban legends