The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-22-2019, 10:38 AM   #101
AquaParade
Big Boss

At risk of sounding like I'm trying to piss on the parade, I think I was turned off by what I felt were some weak jokes, and the typical subpar animation by DC, despite noticing a few cool shots of Batman. It seems like they did try to get creative, even with the limited animation budget, which is appreciated.

Seeing Raph draw blood definitely felt good. I'll give it another shot and let you all know what I think.

For reference, when it comes to TMNT animation, I apprecite the 2k12 show, quite a bit for it's mix of humor, action, and serialized storytelling. I find the 2k3 series admirable for it's attempt to be faithful to Mirage, but too sterilized and compromised to be fully enjoyable. I like the original cartoon for it's lighthearted attitude, quirky soundtrack, and irreverant humor, but I don't have much interest in watching it outside of nostalgia sake.

I don't have any real interest in "Rise...", "Turtles Forever", or even half the episodes of the series in which I do enjoy. So I'd say I'm not an easy sell when it comes to TMNT cartoons, but I'm also open to seeing different sides of the franchise.

I guess my initial write-off was based off the fact that it felt a bit like TMNT 2k3 to me. A series which, while I 100% appreciate what they were going for, was more frustrating than satisfying, for me, due to limitations with censorship, budget, and runtime.

Last edited by AquaParade; 08-22-2019 at 10:46 AM.
AquaParade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:30 PM   #102
Turtle Soup
Thug

Love this movie! Seriously love everything about it.
Turtle Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:20 AM   #103
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Holy BatTurtles Batman!!!
This was seriously the best TMNT movie since the 1990 release. This movie has everything a turtle movie should have. Was dark, filled full of action, witty humor, and the plot was nasty awesome. Hope this continues, this was just gnarly.
I can't believe as huge of a turtle fan that I am that I just finished this movie this morning.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:02 AM   #104
CyberCubed
Overlord

This movie kicked a$$!!!!!!1!!1111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!111

TMNT + Batman 4evar.

It was the bomb! It OWNED or rather Pnwerzzzzz! It was Gr8 and coolio! Heehee!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:49 AM   #105
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Yea I hope the ending means they are definitely making another one
Iím just so impressed with it
If they could do a Netflix series except slightly darker I would be pumped