The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-02-2019, 02:37 AM   #281
Wildcat
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Mostly my point is not the Terminator theme specifically... which I don't think even played in T1 or T2 beyond the beginning and ending.

Fiedel did a ton in T1 and T2. He made every scene pop. You may not even realize why those scenes did. I'm just saying watch them again without music. He gave every scene added character and intensity. No composer has even tried since T2, just "ambient blah."
Ya I understand what you meant. The theme music was just a theme “song”.

The score could make some difference but Cameron and others imply something is wrong with the context of the others. I personally do not see it.

Ok so they’ve reused things but they’ve also done some things different that we don’t know about yet. Stuff they consider more creative.

There’s spoilers around that are supposedly real but I’m not reading them.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:33 PM   #282
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Dark Fate director: "I think the brand has been tainted."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:08 PM   #283
Sumac
Mad Scientist

Quote:
And comments like "if you don't like our main heroine - you are sexist" helps to un-taint how?
Old 09-16-2019, 11:29 PM   #284
Wildcat
Mad Scientist

No, the other movies were NOT essentially a different thing. They were all viable continuations. A.I. and Bicentennial Man are essentially different things.

That’s exactly my problem. The notion they didn’t make sense for a terminator movie but nobody can explain why. I’m sure Dark Fate will be perfectly fine but it’s not going to somehow be more “Terminator”.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #285
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

5 minutes of footage here:

Old 10-01-2019, 03:03 PM   #286
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Final trailer:

Looks like we've reached the point in its marketing where they're panicking and showing us huge chunks of the film before it comes out.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:34 PM   #287
Sumac
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Looks like we've reached the point in its marketing where they're panicking and showing us huge chunks of the film before it comes out.
Isn't it like all trailers this days?
Old 10-02-2019, 02:13 PM   #288
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Gale Anne Hurd, co-writer of the original Terminator script, is seeking to attain ownership of the rights to the franchise under the provisions of U.S copyright law and has served the studios notice

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...rights-1244737
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:33 PM   #289
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Very confusing. I thought James Cameron got back all the rights beginning this year?

https://www.slashfilm.com/james-came...ights-in-2019/

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ude-franchise/
Old 10-07-2019, 11:59 PM   #290
Egon1982
Foot Soldier

i keep seeing every new trailer and it still looks like a pile of dog dump. It looks like a total wreckage. This is one film franchise that should be terminated already. I don't why it hasn't been? Terminator Genesis underperform domestically, i dunno why they are doing another one. Linda Hamilton is nice to see being back, but that's not enough for me to give this trailer or concept or franchise a pass at this point. It's long past due, it's one of those cinematic franchises that has gotten way past itself way by date, it's expired, and needs to be thrown out in the trash. The new trailer does not get enough to get me interested in the movie, it looks like CGI overload.

The new terminator looks like he's totally forgettable, i know some people are like "that cool scene where he cuts up people", sure it's kind of cool but where's his personality and his charisma? Even when Arnold and Robert Patrick were playing robots they had personality and more charisma than the new guy. The trailer is trying to make this terminator look cool but fails at that.

Arnold is just gonna be a regular guy, it's their take on the deleted scene in T3 but nowhere near as a parody as that one and it's taken more seriously here. I guess John Conner is gonna be killed in the first 5 minutes, why kill him? you already killed him in Genesis. It's nothing special just to have a cameo by Edward.

And James Cameron coming back? so? he praised Genesis which is one of the worst films i've seen in 2015 and i believe he was paid to say that and hasn't done anything worth a damn in years. Why should i be hyped? Just because James Cameron is involved? him being involved back in the franchise doesn't fix the problem, after T2 this franchise was troubling. This is a franchise that was spiraling down and down the toilet further since T2 and there is no reason or need for sequels after that. I didn't mind Salvation (in it's director's cut only and not the butchered theatrical cut) because it's a prequel to the first movie and didn't connect to T2 or trying to ruin the storyline of T2, every sequel that has came out after T2 has went out to destroy the mythos and destroy the story. Made it not really have a lasting impact, i mean Terminator 2 is still an awesome and great sequel don't get me wrong! but it's hurt by the existence of T3, the tv show and Genesis and this new movie.

It ended beautifully with T2! judgement day was stopped, a terminator saved the world from the apocalypse that was gonna be created by his own kind and it was fitting, it ended with a thumbs up and we feel sorry for John Conner at the end. Plus John and Sarah moved on the road to be somewhere else. It was the best way to end the franchise and story, all loose ends were tied up. Everything was totally 100 percent closed when it comes to the story. Then comes T3, which has a lazy bullcrap storyline that it throws out the "no no no Judgement day was inevitable! it doesn't matter the sacrifice of Dyson", sequels were inevitable! this was a popular franchise and there was no way in hell that would wind up with the rights to the Terminator franchise and went to milk it for every last drop.

That's what's going on here! and that's too bad. If you ask me, this franchise should be put in the crusher, be crushed and be terminated. It really needed to have the plug pulled on it long before now as after T2, it's been nothing but diminishing returns. Hopefully this tanks, or underperforms in theaters and that kills the franchise for good and give studios the message because it would be for the franchise's benefit. Let's move on to fresh new cinematic franchises like John Wick which took risks and became a hit franchise which i'm glad audiences are supporting a new cinematic franchise like that where some worn out ones like Terminator need to die.

The franchise is like having a friend you love in the first 2 films but yet if you didn't mind part 4 in it's director's cut for being a prequel to the first movie but for a long time been in a vegetative state on life support since T2, he's been suffering and you've come to accept he's gone. Your waiting for someone to pull the plug and turn off the machine.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:53 AM   #291
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Arnold is a T-800 in this unless there is going to be some fakeouts in this.

Though way early into things we were told Arnold would be playing both a human and a bad Terminator so there is clearly stuff they're keeping as a surprise.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:53 AM   #292
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Hamilton made to do hormone stuff:

https://amp.cinemablend.com/news/247...ator-dark-fate
Old 10-16-2019, 03:50 AM   #293
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I don't think people would expect her to look just like she did in T2 all these years later. There's getting into shape for a movie and there is 30 years later. Things within reason.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:51 PM   #294
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So there is a fairly decent sized spoiler...

Spoiler:

"Carl" (Arnold's T-800 in this) has a wife.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:04 PM   #295
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
So there is a fairly decent sized spoiler...

Spoiler:
https://i.ibb.co/KWTMzY2/received-481212782828841.jpg

"Carl" (Arnold's T-800 in this) has a wife.
To which I find odd considering that dogs were used to "sniff out" Terminators that would invade the Resistance camp in the first movie, and that John Connor's dog literally gave away the T-1000 presence over the phone during a call in the second movie.

But Pops with a wifey? Yeah, that's new.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:06 PM   #296
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
To which I find odd considering that dogs were used to "sniff out" Terminators that would invade the Resistance camp in the first movie, and that John Connor's dog literally gave away the T-1000 presence over the phone during a call in the second movie.

But Pops with a wifey? Yeah, that's new.
You want CONSISTENCY in your "professional fanfiction"/blatant cash grab?

I want some'a what you're smokin' kid.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:12 PM   #297
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
You want CONSISTENCY in your "professional fanfiction"/blatant cash grab?

I want some'a what you're smokin' kid.
Yeah.. consist sense-making movies are a rarity in HollyWeird nowindays. Oooops.

Last edited by DarkFell; 10-18-2019 at 10:43 PM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:43 PM   #298
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
I'm pretty sure with enough time any dog would get over that. Especially if the T-800 is bringing it treats and feeding it and such over and over. I feel like they'll address it.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:44 PM   #299
Wildcat
Mad Scientist

This pic was released awhile back right? How is it a spoiler? Just that he has a wife...or someone posing as his wife?

If “Carl” is a good guy I don’t see why the dog would do anything if he’s someone it trusts. Obviously in the others the terminators were strangers/threats.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:31 AM   #300
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Reception is quite positive. "Best since Judgement Day"...this of course comes after fans were surprised with a screening, so a lot of the enthusiasm could just come from the buzz of a good time.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2...rst-reactions/

I'll be seeing this Friday.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a day inside cameron, cuckinator, hasta la vista cis men, pappenbrooktriggered, terminator 6 sjw day