The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-05-2019, 11:06 PM   #3341
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Birthday was fun

Had to run with some changes in plans, but they worked out okay enough.

Couldn't go to the drag show because my brother's girlfriend had work super early in the morning, so it wasn't feasible for us all to go.

So they took me to Korean Barbecue instead. Which I had always wanted to do.
Spoiler:
Though asking for prime steak was a mistake. There was no way to cut it down to size without the kitchen scissors we were given, and it ended up being tough and gristly.

Which made me gag so hard that, let's just say my gag reflexes failed hard and I had to make a mad dash to the bathroom with a napkin over my mouth.

BUT I did have a great hour-long massage and then got snacks to watch Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood on.
And got my mom to watch a good part of it until we got tired. Left up on the Rush Valley departure. She's known my brother and I liked it for a long time, but never actually watched an episode with us

Highlights:
Spoiler:
She wanted to cry during the Nina Chimera reveal (I completely forgot to make nonchalant spoiler hints. "She and her dog are inseparable!"

Thought the animation was amazing

Including the Hughes funeral.

Speaking of that, I realized we were watching the episode when he dies and I yelled "oh no!" and then told her she had to wait to find out.

Except for one of my kittens spiking a fever and having some heavy breathing while she sleeps, it was an okay day.

And the...Korean Barbecue shame that will follow me to my wedding day.

Also I'm slightly drunk.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:51 PM   #3342
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Thank god for the add-on to restore the older YouTube layout...

Have continued using the old one since back when they actually had the opt out option, but deciding today to go and clear my cache and cookies (which I appanetly haven't done for a pretty long time), went and ruined it for some reason and got stuck with with the "new" one, with no opt out option available anymore. Grr. And holy crap that current layout is slow on my old computer and pretty much unusable.

Really hate that some sites have to be so bloated up with nonsense that makes them that way. Sure, I'm the one behind the times a bit, but so many sites, including this one, are just fine and make what others do seem so unnecessary. Esp when they previously functioned and looked just fine. Why fix what ain't broke.

But yeah... thank god. (If anyone wants or needs it, the Firefox add-on for it is named "Restore Old Theme of YouTube.")

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-06-2019 at 05:59 PM.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:09 PM   #3343
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Someone who I thought blocked me on Facebook two years ago, actually didn't. I finally got to see her today after all of that time, and she explained that her page was hacked, and then she took it down. All that time, I thought I might have done or said something to offend her, and she assured me that I hadn't done anything wrong.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:22 PM   #3344
Icebot
Foot Elite

My cousin just got married and I was at the wedding so that made me happy!
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:05 PM   #3345
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Was up way later than I intended last night browsing eBay trying to decide what book I wanted, but getting one for almost free (paid 48 cents in total, and no shipping) was kinda worth it.

FYI, there is a $3 off ebay code that expires tonight (just before midnight U.S. Pacific time), item/order must total at least $3.01.

Code: PROMO3

They say it's "intended" for first time buyers, but it works for everyone.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:01 PM   #3346
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I actually did take a short nap instead of "nap" and go to sleep for the rest of the day!
Old 06-18-2019, 06:46 AM   #3347
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
My new goddess rose pendant came yesterday! It was a replacement for one I've had for years that the clasp-ring to hold it on had broken off, so now I have one to wear again. Have felt rather naked without anything around my neck for a while now. Happy to have this finally arrive! Now I just need to get a new chain for my spider zirconia pendant that hubby got me for Christmas several years ago. Spider-totem has not been happy....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:33 PM   #3348
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Happy maker... Accurate eBay descriptions. They said a book (that I got today) was in excellent condition for an ex-library book, and glad to find it's very true. Were it not for the remaining library stickers I'd have never guessed it didn't come off the shelf of a book store.

It's only a 2014 publication, so I'm surprised it was taken out of circulation already, but hey, it got me an otherwise like-new book at half the price Amazon wants for it, and minus the shipping.

Also finally got one of those Loot Crate TMNT pins. Spotted one (used) for $1.99, no shipping...by a new account/seller with zero sales or reviews. I generally don't touch anything with a seller below 98%, so going blind on a new one, umm... but figured at that price I could take a chance on a newbie and was glad to give him his first (and all good!) review.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:12 AM   #3349
Icebot
Foot Elite

Getting some spring cleaning done made me happy.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:49 AM   #3350
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Setting off the last couple of larger fireworks that were my dad's.

Had gotten a whole bunch of them quite a few years ago and he'd do a few each year. The last of them had gotten buried in the back of a large shed when certain people were moving stuff and just randomly filled the shed up with everything; and a bunch of other crap they shouldn't have. They'd finally came across them the other day while cleaning out; thanks to an uncle temporarly moving in and cracking the whip a bit on my brother-in-law to get some of that mess they've created finally taken care of. So that was bitter sweet to set off the last two without dad here. Ran out and got the reusable tub for them this morning before it rains, just to save as a keepsake.

Also the amount of lightening bugs we have. After so many years of them close to gone, they suddenly had a really good season two years ago and it's nice to see them back in decent number. Gone from spotting one if you were lucky (so sad) to back to seeing multiple flashes anywhere you look.

After a few years ago when I saw one lonely one two houses down and watched it come up through the yards, through our own and kept going... sad for the poor thing looking for any other of its kind and there just weren't any in sight anywhere , I really wasn't sure if we'd ever have them back.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:21 AM   #3351
Stephen
Hench Mutant

The weather seems better today. Not quite as hot as yesterday.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:23 AM   #3352
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Setting off the last couple of larger fireworks that were my dad's.

Had gotten a whole bunch of them quite a few years ago and he'd do a few each year. The last of them had gotten buried in the back of a large shed when certain people were moving stuff and just randomly filled the shed up with everything; and a bunch of other crap they shouldn't have. They'd finally came across them the other day while cleaning out; thanks to an uncle temporarly moving in and cracking the whip a bit on my brother-in-law to get some of that mess they've created finally taken care of. So that was bitter sweet to set off the last two without dad here. Ran out and got the reusable tub for them this morning before it rains, just to save as a keepsake.

Also the amount of lightening bugs we have. After so many years of them close to gone, they suddenly had a really good season two years ago and it's nice to see them back in decent number. Gone from spotting one if you were lucky (so sad) to back to seeing multiple flashes anywhere you look.

After a few years ago when I saw one lonely one two houses down and watched it come up through the yards, through our own and kept going... sad for the poor thing looking for any other of its kind and there just weren't any in sight anywhere , I really wasn't sure if we'd ever have them back.

Glad to hear you got them back. Sad to say, but the numbers have been dwindling all over for a few years now. And according to some of the wildlife groups I subscribe to on FB, it is going to get worse. Between the govmnt unbanning pesticides that are dangerous, and the ever-looming specter of climate change, it seems many insects are now threatened, along with everything else. Bees are losing colonies rapidly, with more than 65% decline in the last 3 years alone. And yet the govmnt just defunded honeybee census research. Without the bees, what will we even eat??

Old 07-25-2019, 10:26 AM   #3353
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Exactly. People are so wrapped up in their own lives anymore and indifferent to any conscious thought about how the world actually supports them and how human's own actions aren't helping matters. Kill off the bees and we're gonna get awfully hungry. Maybe people will care once it requires pollination by hand and the price skyrockets.

Happy maker... Figured checking a different store of those Jalapeno M&M's would be a waste of time, but my other nearby store actually has them still. After another store (of the same company) I stopped by on Monday was completely out of those and the Toffee, but fully stocked on the Coconut flavor, I really thought the Coconut may have won the vote. Bleh. Maybe I was wrong, maybe people around here just aren't crazy about the Coconut. lol

I still miss the Chili flavor from the vote a few years ago. With Jalapeno being similar, I hope it stays.

But at least finding them makes up a little for my family going to a theme park today without me. >.>
Old 07-30-2019, 03:50 PM   #3354
Icebot
Foot Elite

Just went to a high school class reunion, it made me very happy to see old friends!
Old 08-01-2019, 01:53 PM   #3355
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Grabbing a couple more bags of those M&Ms at the same store before they're gone, the sale most other flavors had last time was over, but the different sale tag these had (I think mistakenly since they came up the same price as the others last time rather than a dollar more as the tag suggested) was still up and supposedly good until late Sept.

Kept an eye on it when it was being rung up to see if they came up regular price. Yup. So someone checked on that, and not only did I get the sale price but it seems I was also given the second bag for free due to pointing out an apparently incorrect sale tag. I'd heard that store may give out discounts or whatnot if a sign is wrong, but never had it happen yet. And that isn't a cheap store, so that was nice.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:32 PM   #3356
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Today's happy-maker: payday, of course, and also got more of those wonderful salmon filets and shrimp skewers we grilled last weekend. Those were sooo good, I wanted to do them again. And my check was quite nice this time around, so I managed to stock up on some things!

Old 08-08-2019, 05:41 PM   #3357
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I finally got an armoire moved out of my room.
It was taking up some space and severely reducing potential for storage.

I can feel the universe aligning. And now I have so many actual drawers to put things in.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:30 PM   #3358
Icebot
Foot Elite

Football (NFL) is back, I’m happy to watch the games again.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:38 PM   #3359
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Between covering two other stores for my supervisor and the other woman who normally does them while both were away this week, talking Walmart into letting me have space so I could get out my big shipment of Christmas ornaments this week like I was supposed to (always a fight with this store -- and yes, the Walmart Hallmark ornaments should be on the shelf/hook as of this week, this early -- and tell me about it, I have to put up Halloween and some of the Thanksgiving cards in my stores next week), and hit my new store for the first time and alone since the supervisor is away and I'd really wanted her to go with me (because I'm a chicken and the procedure there is going to be a little different and not quite understanding that yet), on top of all the usual stuff in my stores... I'm just glad this week is finally over. So much relief with that mental to-do list finished up for the most part.

I just wish some of those ornaments would include TMNT. Plenty of other cute ones though.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:51 AM   #3360
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Any Avengers/Spidey ones? Asking for a friend....