The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-30-2019, 02:44 PM   #101
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Right now it sounds like a good idea to start planning on buying tickets for this film. The press is reporting that it has broken the record previously held by Incredibles II for the first-day pre-sales for an animated title on Fandango.

Toy Story 4 bests the Incredibles 2 ticket pre-sale record
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:41 AM   #102
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Just read the Toy Story 4 tie-in graphic novel...a note of caution for anyone picking it up, it takes place directly after the movie. Only read it once you've seen it.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:43 PM   #103
Vicky82
Emperor

Toy Story 4 critic reviews already out. it's currently 100% (59 reviews) on RT.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:40 PM   #104
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Toy Story 4 Was Secretly Being Written Before Toy Story 3 Released
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/fe...xVc0fy35MSQ.99

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:52 PM   #105
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So uh...I just realized something.

Has Little Bo Peep lost her sheep and doesn't know where to find them??? Is that an aspect of her plot?
Old 06-19-2019, 04:44 AM   #106
drgon78
Mad Scientist

They showed her sheep in one of the trailers/clips.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:17 PM   #107
Turo602
The King of Kings

Well that was disappointing. Didn't like the direction they took this one at all. Felt unnecessary and they should have honestly left it at 3. Felt like a gut punch to the 5 year old in me who would always watch and rewind and watch the first Toy Story over and over again.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:39 PM   #108
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I know that plenty of people feel that this movie had no reason to exist after the beautiful ending the third movie had. Trust me I was clearly one of them. That being said:

Spoiler:
This movie had an ending that was just as lovely and touching. For a moment I thought it was going to be difficult for Woody to say goodbye to Bo Peep all over again, but this time he actually had to say goodbye to Buzz, Jessie and the whole gang so he could be with Bo. I thought this ending was even more difficult than when Ralph and to so goodbye to his best pal Vanellope in Ralph Breaks the Internet. Both were satisfying, but at least Ralph and Vanellope would still stay in touch and they would try spend time together despite one of them moving away. I don't know if Woody will ever see his closest friends ever again, but at least he's happy being with the one he loves. The scene where he and Bo embraced after he decided to stick with her just melted my heart. Woody also giving Jessie his sheriff star was very nice.

What I also liked about this movie is that it was very funny. I was laughing and having a great time while watching it and so were my friends. It was also smart to begin the film by showing the day Bo Peep left because that was what was missing in the third one.

You think Gabby-Gabby is really bad, but she's simply misunderstood. I'm glad that she found someone to love her. Harmony didn't seem like the right girl for her because she already had too many toys and she didn't seem someone who would take care of her. Earlier she found Woody in the store and when she took him out to play, she never wondered what happened to him.

One thing I do find puzzling about Bonnie's character in this film is that she loved Woody very much in the last film and she promised Andy that she would look after him, but she just suddenly forgot he even existed. She would throw him in her closet often and I think she didn't even remember him at all after she went back home with her parents.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:05 PM   #109
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I know that plenty of people feel that this movie had no reason to exist after the beautiful ending the third movie had. Trust me I was clearly one of them. That being said:

Spoiler:
This movie had an ending that was just as lovely and touching. For a moment I thought it was going to be difficult for Woody to say goodbye to Bo Peep all over again, but this time he actually had to say goodbye to Buzz, Jessie and the whole gang so he could be with Bo. I thought this ending was even more difficult than when Ralph and to so goodbye to his best pal Vanellope in Ralph Breaks the Internet. Both were satisfying, but at least Ralph and Vanellope would still stay in touch and they would try spend time together despite one of them moving away. I don't know if Woody will ever see his closest friends ever again, but at least he's happy being with the one he loves. The scene where he and Bo embraced after he decided to stick with her just melted my heart. Woody also giving Jessie his sheriff star was very nice.

What I also liked about this movie is that it was very funny. I was laughing and having a great time while watching it and so were my friends. It was also smart to begin the film by showing the day Bo Peep left because that was what was missing in the third one.

You think Gabby-Gabby is really bad, but she's simply misunderstood. I'm glad that she found someone to love her. Harmony didn't seem like the right girl for her because she already had too many toys and she didn't seem someone who would take care of her. Earlier she found Woody in the store and when she took him out to play, she never wondered what happened to him.

One thing I do find puzzling about Bonnie's character in this film is that she loved Woody very much in the last film and she promised Andy that she would look after him, but she just suddenly forgot he even existed. She would throw him in her closet often and I think she didn't even remember him at all after she went back home with her parents.
I was one of the biggest supporters of another one after Toy Story 3 because I had faith in Pixar not just milking Toy Story for the sake of it, and while Toy Story 4 is definitely not the product of milking a franchise, I just didn't care for this direction. I can see what they were going for, the movie was very sad and I was enjoying the movie as I was watching because I just kept thinking, this is all gonna lead to something that justifies the movie's existence, and by the time the credits rolled, I was just so disappointed. I honestly don't get why they wanted to go here after Toy Story 3 and it just feels totally unnecessary.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:19 PM   #110
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Annie Potts was interviewed by Variety about Bo Peep's return. Warning there are spoilers in the article.

‘Toy Story 4’: Bo Peep Voice Actress Annie Potts on Her Empowered Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
while Toy Story 4 is definitely not the product of milking a franchise, I just didn't care for this direction.
Well yes at least this one didn't feel like one of those completely unnecessary direct-to-video sequels that Disney would make, especially for their fairy tale films. However, there were fans who wanted a proper closure for Bo because she was a beloved character and for it to happen abruptly off-screen in the third one kind of stung for those fans. When my younger brother found out that all she had was a silent cameo in the third movie during a flashback, he said that it sucks they did that to her even though he really enjoyed Toy Story 3.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:24 PM   #111
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I took my brother to see the film today in IMAX. He loved it and the ending was just as beautiful as I remembered. If you haven't this movie yet, you will most likely feel very satisfied and why it has a great chance of winning the Oscar for Best Animated movie.

Also, here's how Tom Hanks felt about saying goodbye to Woody once he had finished recording for this film.

Tom Hanks: Saying Goodbye To ‘Toy Story’ Character Woody Was Emotional

Last edited by ranger_scout; 06-30-2019 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Adding article
Old 07-18-2019, 12:53 PM   #112
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I went back to see it just one more time in theaters on Sunday. I know that I will probably view it multiple times on home video, but it was still worth seeing it on the big screen again. One of the reasons why I decided to go again was because I remember when Toy Story 3 was released at a time in my life when I was really starting to fully recover from something very bad I went though a year-and-a-half prior to seeing it. Lots of other good things did happen after that bad situation before I had seen that movie. I went on some great vacations, my sister got married and I went some amazing concerts and musicals. Plus, a lot of good TV shows and films were released from 2009-2010.

I'm feeling better after the depression I went through from late 2015 to early 2016. However, things at my job have gotten a little stressful at times over the past few years, especially from November 2017 to May 2018. It's just that I don't remember a movie that has made laugh and cry tears of joy in such a long time. It really is such a feel good movie and it making a positive impact on me helps me appreciate the good things that have actually happened to me and my family recently. I also love how evolved Bo has become over this series.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:15 PM   #113
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Yesterday the film crossed the $400 million mark at the North American box-office. It really has shown some strong staying power over the summer.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#588e517257bc

Plus, the film's worldwide total has pushed the franchise past $3 billion.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/travisb.../#74d017974071
Old 08-15-2019, 11:07 AM   #114
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Toy Story 4 will finally be crossing the $1 billion worldwide mark this week. When it does, that will make Disney the first ever studio to have five movies gross over $1 billion in one year.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/toy-sto...ne-1202668925/
Old 09-27-2019, 05:28 PM   #116
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Josh Cooley explained how they came up with that alternate ending and why they decided not to go with it. He also talks about how they ultimately went with the ending in the final cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cooley
"So the very first version of the ending was that everybody including Bo went back to Bonnie's house. And so it kind of reset at the very end." "It was an adventure, but Woody learned nothing, and there was no emotion to that ending besides the fact that they were together. So we thought, 'Well let's try something different and see what would happen if Bo rediscovered her love for kids in a way.' And then we kind of had like a Casablanca ending where it's like they have duties to do, but they still love each other. And so that also had issues as well. It didn't quite feel like Bo, just kind of reset. And Woody reset. So there were issues with it.

But yeah, the build up before was a completely different, that wasn't even Harmony. That was a different child, even. And then I had this thought of like, what if Woody didn't go back? And when I thought about it, and even when I pitched it to the producers, I started getting verklempt, and almost tearing up as I was pitching the very end of it. And that really hit me. The idea of him staying with the love of his life, and the world opening up to him and everything that just emotionally felt powerful to me, especially saying goodbye to Buzz and everything. So then that felt like a completion of his arc, to me. So we went down that route.
https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/09...g-josh-cooley/
Old 10-07-2019, 05:39 PM   #117
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I just watched that full alternate ending. I will explain the rest of it for those who haven't seen it.

Spoiler:
Bo and her sheep become a prize in a carnival game after saying goodbye to Woody. When the little girl doesn't knock the bottles down with a ball, Woody then knocks them down and Bo and sheep then belong to the girl. Woody then sees Bonnie and her parents in the carnival and decides to go back to them. Bonnie's parents notice that Woody is broken, but Bonnie doesn't care and she still keeps him.
Old 12-21-2019, 04:32 PM   #118
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Just watched it with the wife and kids. Damn, that was actually really good. Forky was annoying, and the OG toys (and Bonnie's toys) barely do squat... and Buzz should be smarter...

But Gabby-Gabby was great. Really felt for her.

Good damn movie.

Also, there will never be a Toy Story 5.
Old 12-22-2019, 03:20 AM   #119
Leo656
The Franchise

That's funny, my wife and I finally got around to watching it today as well.

I agree with most of what you said. Didn't much care for the plush toys, they got kind of grating. Kinda like the new Star Wars flicks, the new characters don't quite endear themselves to me enough to justify how sidelined the original ones were (Bo Peep being an obvious exception in that it's essentially her movie).

I was getting a certain vibe but wasn't gonna say anything, until my wife blurts out halfway through, "So I guess this is the 'Female Empowerment' Toy Story movie."

It's better than I thought it would be but I still think that Part 3 left things in a good enough place. Some of the creative choices just didn't sit well with me even though I understand them. And I liked Bonnie a LOT more at the end of Part 3 than I do now. Yeesh, I feel bad for the rest of the old gang. Andy, too. He gives away his cherished possessions to another kid, in the hope that they'll fulfill her at least in a similar fashion, and she only superficially seems to care about any of them? I see every single one of the Old Gang being casually tossed in a garbage bag in the not-too-distant future. And it just really bugs me.

Like yeah, 4 kinda has its own "optimistic" ending, but it's nowhere near as hopeful and upbeat as Part 3s. Part 4 is actually really depressing if you think about it too much.

I also disagree about there being a Toy Story 5; this thing made a ton of money, of course they'll do 5. They introduced an entire new gang for Woody to hang out with AND kept the thread of the toys at Bonnie's house going, so they could theoretically do a bunch more movies by choosing to follow either group of characters, either keeping them totally separated or having them intersect as necessary. There's a lot of stuff they can do. It won't happen right away but I easily foresee at least three more movies coming out, after the way they ended 4.

I mean, in theory. Logically, Bonnie or her Dad is gonna throw everybody out before she even gets to 4th grade, given their behavior in this one. Maybe that'll be Toy Story 5; the Old Gang and the New Gang all reunite at the dump.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:48 PM   #120
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I also disagree about there being a Toy Story 5; this thing made a ton of money, of course they'll do 5. They introduced an entire new gang for Woody to hang out with AND kept the thread of the toys at Bonnie's house going, so they could theoretically do a bunch more movies by choosing to follow either group of characters, either keeping them totally separated or having them intersect as necessary. There's a lot of stuff they can do. It won't happen right away but I easily foresee at least three more movies coming out, after the way they ended 4.

I mean, in theory. Logically, Bonnie or her Dad is gonna throw everybody out before she even gets to 4th grade, given their behavior in this one. Maybe that'll be Toy Story 5; the Old Gang and the New Gang all reunite at the dump.
I was trying to channel my inner CyberCubed. No, they'll totally keep going with Toy Story sequels if they want to. It would feel really odd, though, now that the gang is split.

Also, this movie's antics around the RV and Dad was way too unbelievable for me. A bridge too far. Careful those toys don't push Dad over the edge into murdering everyone at the carnival...

Tags
sjw story 4, to cuck and beyond