The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 08-07-2016, 08:54 AM   #61
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
Now this makes me curious as to your whereabouts, as I too have a Charmander/Clefairy nest in my area...

Anyways, nests are great. Went to that nest maybe 3 or 4 times with only an hour or so each and I already had my Charizard.
Stranger Danger!!!!!! I live in central Ohio the nest is at one of the local parks. I found out that at the back of the park has a pokestop at the back of the park that is next to a small river. Caught about 4 psyducks yesterday and even a Goldduck and a few pollywags
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:54 AM   #62
Electric
Epic Hiatus

The stops always have Lures and seem to be the source of Charmanders

Last edited by Electric; 09-14-2021 at 12:25 AM.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:34 AM   #63
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Pokemon Go seems to be causing more trouble.

Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:30 AM   #64
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Pokemon Go Updated!

Niantic Is Testing A New 'Nearby' System For Pokémon Go [UPDATES]

http://kotaku.com/niantic-is-testing...-go-1785001335
http://www.themarysue.com/pokemon-go...tracking-test/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pok.../1100-6442450/

The biggest and most interesting change has to be the new Nearby system, which is now named ‘Sightings:”

UPDATE 11:56PM: Actually, this image from neoGAFFer Toki767 seems to be the real new Nearby system. It actually shows you a picture of the Pokestop where you can find a creature! Very useful.

And here it is in action [click here]. It tells you where to go!

For most players who don’t have the new Nearby system, ‘Sightings’ only highlights Pokémon in the immediate general area, rather than teasing you with critters that aren’t actually nearby at all (previously, these monsters were marked as three footprints away). Also, now there’s grass. Yay?
This new system showcases fewer monsters than before, though as commenter Professor Dog pointed out to me, it does get rid of duplicate creatures. That’s a plus. Reports online also indicate that this new system update its monster list more often than the older one, which is good. It means that, while you will have to do some wandering to capture something specific, hypothetically you aren’t flying blind for as long as before.

Despite some improvements, I’m in disbelief that they’ve kept the system this vague considering that nobody could figure out the previous one. But hey, this isn’t permanent. It sounds like Niantic is still fiddling with finding a new system to replace the old ‘Nearby’ one, and that eventually they’ll settle on something better. In the meantime, this test will give them lots of feedback to work with.

Also fixed: battery saver is back, and the game is now awarding the appropriate amount of XP. Hooray!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:10 PM   #65
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Pokemon Go Facing Class-Action Lawsuit

Quote:
Irritated by how Pokemon Go draws people to a park near their home, a metro Detroit couple has filed a class-action lawsuit against the creators of the massively popular mobile game.

The Detroit Free Press reports that the couple, Scott and Jayme Dodich of St. Clair Shores, sued developer Niantic, Nintendo, as well as partners The Pokemon Company in California federal court.

The Dodiches are suing to try to stop Niantic from putting Pokemon on or near private properties, unless they have an owner's blessing. Additionally, the lawsuit asks that a share of Pokemon Go's revenue be given to residents whose properties are claimed to have fueled the game's wild popularity.

In the lawsuit, it's stated that Pokemon Go had reached 30 million downloads and brought in more than $35 million. The actual numbers may be higher, however, as Niantic told the Los Angeles Times this month that the game has been downloaded close to 100 million times. Though official revenue figures have not been shared, a report claimed Pokemon Go brought in $200 million in its first month.

The Dodiches explain in the lawsuit that they are fed up with Pokemon Go players walking on their lawn, looking into their windows, and even swearing at them in some cases. They live across the street from Wahby Park, which is a Pokemon Go gym, while seven PokeStops are in the nearby area. "Hundreds" of people come by on any given day, the lawsuit says.

"Nobody gets sleep anymore," the lawsuit says. "How is this acceptable? ... They hang out on our lawns, trample landscaping, look in vehicles ... We don't feel safe ... I don't feel safe sitting on our porch."

"Defendants have shown a flagrant disregard for the foreseeable consequences of populating the real world with virtual Pokemon without seeking the permission of property owners," it goes on.

Niantic has not commented on the lawsuit as of yet. We have reached out to the company and will update this post with anything we hear back.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 02:37 AM   #66
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Hopefully they will be counter sued for this "cash grab" I have a feeling the stories are exaggerated or even made up, but then again it is Detroit

seriously though this seems like a frivolous lawsuit. I wonder if these people are related to Ryan Lochte ????
Old 08-21-2016, 11:05 AM   #67
Unworthy tinker
Hench Mutant

Hey, so uhh, I got my first phone a couple days ago and immediately download Pokemon go.

There's a glitch that I got though that I can't find anything on. It says to catch a Pokemon, so my character is standing there, then the starters pop up at my feet and are glitched through each other like some fusion that went horribly wrong.

I call it Bul-squir-mander. can't catch it though, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, nuftin'.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:52 PM   #68
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unworthy tinker View Post
Hey, so uhh, I got my first phone a couple days ago and immediately download Pokemon go.

There's a glitch that I got though that I can't find anything on. It says to catch a Pokemon, so my character is standing there, then the starters pop up at my feet and are glitched through each other like some fusion that went horribly wrong.

http://orig15.deviantart.net/6191/f/...ie-daevtv9.png

I call it Bul-squir-mander. can't catch it though, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, nuftin'.
Weird, for sure! But it looks like it's having trouble getting a GPS signal? I'd check your phone settings to try to troubleshoot that.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:14 PM   #69
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Weird, for sure! But it looks like it's having trouble getting a GPS signal? I'd check your phone settings to try to troubleshoot that.
I think its a sign to pick Picachu
Old 08-24-2016, 10:46 AM   #70
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Looks like we have our first Pokemon Go related death, someone was killed by a Pokemon Go driver.
http://kotaku.com/woman-killed-by-po...ver-1785683589
Old 08-24-2016, 10:50 AM   #71
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Looks like we have our first Pokemon Go related death, someone was killed by a Pokemon Go driver.
http://kotaku.com/woman-killed-by-po...ver-1785683589
Don't know where you've been, but this isn't the first incident.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:32 AM   #72
Prowler
Emperor

So, waaaaaaaaaay late to the party, I know, but I downloaded the Pokémon Go app. Let's see how long it will ttake until I get bored.

Last edited by Prowler; 05-29-2019 at 12:40 AM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:33 AM   #73
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

It's a nice way to get out and walking. What team did you join?
Old 05-31-2019, 03:19 AM   #74
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
It's a nice way to get out and walking. What team did you join?
Team Instinct, I believe.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:38 AM   #75
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I have no idea what the names are. I just go by color. I'm blue.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:19 AM   #76
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I have no idea what the names are. I just go by color. I'm blue.
I'm yellow.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:43 AM   #77
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I've never met anyone who's red. Weird.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:48 AM   #78
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I've never met anyone who's red. Weird.
Might just be a coincidence. There's only 3 teams. Odds are each of them have a lot of people.

So far the most interesting aspect of the game is seeing what places in my city that have pokestops and gyms. .

That being said, I feel like i'll soon get bored of this game. I feel like this game is more appealing to people who either haven't played Pokémon since 2001 or never played the game in the first place. Not for people who own Omega Ruby, Y and Sun for the 3DS like me. Hell, I still haven't opened my Sun copy and I've had it for a while now
Old 06-03-2019, 08:41 PM   #79
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Might just be a coincidence. There's only 3 teams. Odds are each of them have a lot of people.

So far the most interesting aspect of the game is seeing what places in my city that have pokestops and gyms. .

That being said, I feel like i'll soon get bored of this game. I feel like this game is more appealing to people who either haven't played Pokémon since 2001 or never played the game in the first place. Not for people who own Omega Ruby, Y and Sun for the 3DS like me. Hell, I still haven't opened my Sun copy and I've had it for a while now
Funny as a big Pokémon fan, I never even touch Pokémon go. You just own Omega Ruby, Y and Sun? I have that beat. I own

Red, Blue and Yellow for the Gameboy
Crystal, for the game boy color
Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald,(Best Pokémon game ever) and Fire red and Leaf Green.
Diamond, Peal, Platinum, HeartGold and Soul Silver,
Black White, Black 2 and White 2.
X Y Oemga Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

And I just beat my past record of 76 wins in a row at the battle tree with 80 wins. JALW-WWWW-WWX7-EDFK for any one with the ultra games. I loved me some Incineroar. That thing is a BEAST in the tree.

WYBG-WWWW-WWX7-9NL7 my rebattle 50th win vs Red(MC of the first game) I mean rebattle because I beat him at 50 in my 76 run. Lost, battle him again at 50 in my 80 run.(He shows up in every 50th match)
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:30 AM   #80
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Go isn't so bad, compared to what it was in the beginning. It's slowly moving towards the GB titles in play style. There's pvp battles and trading now, so that's something. And it's a nice way to get outside and walking, at least for me.

Last edited by Voltron; 06-04-2019 at 12:38 AM.
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote