The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-03-2017, 04:22 PM   #81
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I'm personally not feeling Seasons 3/4, not only do I feel like we are going back to the status quo but I feel as if the Galra are barely a threat now, I don't know I feel as if most of Voltron's problems are based on their personal goals versus fighting the Galra also I don't care how Hunk is put into the corner.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:43 PM   #82
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>

I didn't think about it like that but you're right, and yes Hunk has been ignored for a while and that sucks. I still feel the greatest problem is the writers don't want to write a Voltron cartoon but are using Voltron to write the story they wanted.j

I'm just not a fan of it even if the story isn't, I like enough to continue watching it and I will finish it though, season 4 or I guess Season 5 should come out around February even if its just only a few episodes.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:49 PM   #83
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Season 5 is out on March 2nd

NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #84
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>

Just watched the latest season, 6 episode and the new season comes out June 15th, I think I actually prefer this splitting up the seasons, we get new episodes every 3 1/2 months more or less.

This season was fine, there was a lot of action though it also had some slow parts, oddly enough there was no real threat for many episodes. Weird how the war just abruptly ended for the most part. Season ended without any real cliffhanger, I guess they still need to get rid of the factions but whatever.

The whole show is a mess, mostly because as I've stated it's ashamed of being Voltron and it wants to be something else and maybe if it were not Voltron the show could be far more interesting since it's basically holding it down at this point. So much could've been done with the original lore and the 76 episode order instead of this take which would've been better with a new IP.

Sucks that Shiro is still the leader, I loved when they got rid of him and shook things up but due to fan whining they went back to the original line up which was never meant to last this whole time.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:06 PM   #85
Shark_Blade
Crushing on Casey Jones

I'm a new fan and just started watching Season 5 (I skipped all the other seasons before it).

I think Shiro is fine but I'm annoyed that he snapped at Lance (told him to shut up) and generally being an asshole to everyone else. I mean he's hot but being a crazy ass doesn't help his case.

I generally saw pics/arts of Lance and Keith together with the team, so to have him away from them is jarring. Hope the future season will put him back together where he belongs.

So I think I'll start Season 1 now that I'm catched up with the current season.

Ready for TMNT in Injustice 2?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:06 PM   #86
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

So after learning season 5 was just released I decided to like always binge watch it and man does splitting up the seasons in two kinda hurt the show imo. I mean I get what they are doing and trying to ape off the success of shows like Game of thrones and Walking dead by giving mid seasons finales but man is it a pain to endure. But you know despite all of that I did enjoy this season, Lotor being sort of a wild card is interesting, Shiro(or the being that looks like Shiro) being a plant to the high preistess and Allura interacting with Lotor. What I dislike is that muh boi Hunk being left into a corner again. But still good season

Last edited by PApagreg; 03-10-2018 at 08:32 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:34 PM   #87
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

Location: All is strange and vague. Are we dead? Or is this Ohio?
I was hoping Allura would actually get her own White Lion so the team can settle back to where they originally started.

Nice that we finally met Keith's mom.

But Fun Robot was the best part of this season. Especially the scene where it was launched into space while "Amazing Grace" was used for music

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:15 PM   #88
Shark_Blade
Crushing on Casey Jones

I don't see the significance in meeting Keith's mom in this season tbh. Or anyone's mom in any show - do we need to see April's mom? Goku's mom? Vegeta' mom? Batman's mom?

Nope. Such a meh side story tbh. I rather they focus on the main and supporting characters.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:36 PM   #89
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I don't see the significance in meeting Keith's mom in this season tbh. Or anyone's mom in any show - do we need to see April's mom? Goku's mom? Vegeta' mom? Batman's mom?

Nope. Such a meh side story tbh. I rather they focus on the main and supporting characters.
1.Keith's missing mom and his Galra ancestry has been a thing in this show since season 2 and his mom is part of the Blade of Marmora

2. The death of Batman's parents has been the his motivation since decades so bad example there.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:37 PM   #90
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

You know I personally have sort of a love/hate relationship with this show and one of the things I don't like about it is that most of the Galra are too similar. I know there is a story behind it but when the 3 of the contenders for the crown are the same "Grrr strength is absolute" type personalities its kinda boring and the one character who isn't like that gets killed in the end.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:16 PM   #91
Storm Eagle
Saved by

There will be a DVD set for Voltron: Legendary Defender coming out on July 12th. It'll have the first two seasons, and no special features.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Voltron...-1-and-2/24094
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:17 PM   #92
Shark_Blade
Crushing on Casey Jones

I rather watch it on Netflix in HD than spending money on the barren and SD dvd. Their marketing dept needs to be fired.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:19 PM   #93
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I rather watch it on Netflix in HD than spending money on the barren and SD dvd. Their marketing dept needs to be fired.
Well...there's a thought. Then again, we still don't have the 2012 TMNT series on Blu-ray.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:21 PM   #94
Shark_Blade
Crushing on Casey Jones

I know right. Apparently these companies hate money...