The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 08:12 AM   #101
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Capcom is probably the worst, most backwards video game company there is.
They do tend to offer big sales on Steam though. That's when I like to buy up all my Capcom software, but never pay full price for a launch title!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:15 AM   #102
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
My mistake then. I assumed you were following it closer and would have been aware of that. All of those things were mentioned as they came out in this topic.
I know it's been a while, but no problem, man. Definitely acted like an idiot before.

A new trailer was released for story mode the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=UEmhvPoWHWY
Old 08-25-2017, 09:13 AM   #103
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I just saw what the final launch roster's gonna be and man, I'm shocked at how pathetic it is.

Now, I didn't really expect my girl Hsien Ko or my liege Shuma to be playable characters (even though I would've LOVED for them to be) but their picks were really bad. I understand there's some characters they had to choose, but they skipped out on so many important ones. I mean, no Felicia? No freaking AKUMA??? WTF?!?! That 30 character roster is really pitiful. On the Marvel side the only characters that are available are ones owned by them and not some other company (or put simply: only MCU characters). So no X-Men. Characters that have been in EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE GAMES SINCE THE 1ST ONE (which was friggin' X-Men: Children Of The Atom!!!). Capcom's side is decent, although it too could stand to have a bunch of more characters. This whole thing would be a bit better if there was a big list of confirmed DLC characters (which would suck because DLC, but at least then there'd be more characters), but NO. We only know 6 characters will be DLC. Only 6!! My god, they made some bad decisions with this game.

The only positive things I've seen so far are: the gameplay, the Infinity Gems, the new characters, and the way they've handled online-play. But all that's for naught if the roster's as bad as it is.

All in all, this game's got too much going against it than for it.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:40 PM   #104
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post

Now, I didn't really expect my girl Hsien Ko or my liege Shuma to be playable characters (even though I would've LOVED for them to be) but their picks were really bad. I understand there's some characters they had to choose, but they skipped out on so many important ones. I mean, no Felicia? No freaking AKUMA??? WTF?!?! That 30 character roster is really pitiful. On the Marvel side the only characters that are available are ones owned by them and not some other company (or put simply: only MCU characters). So no X-Men. Characters that have been in EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE GAMES SINCE THE 1ST ONE (which was friggin' X-Men: Children Of The Atom!!!). Capcom's side is decent, although it too could stand to have a bunch of more characters. This whole thing would be a bit better if there was a big list of confirmed DLC characters (which would suck because DLC, but at least then there'd be more characters), but NO. We only know 6 characters will be DLC. Only 6!! My god, they made some bad decisions with this game.
I kinda wished the leak from December was the one they went for.

Seriously, there are only 7 newcomers this time around (5 if you ignore Sigma and Black Panther as DLC). It's largely underwhelming; the only newcomer I've seen that I'm actually interested in is Jedah.

I know I'm not getting the game for a long while until I make money for the new consoles. However, I still wished there was a little more to it.

On the bright side for me, the trailers have Iron-Man's EMH voice actor, Eric Loomis and I think Brian Bloom, Captain America's EMH voice.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:55 PM   #105
Ninjinister
無問題

Yeah they just crapped the bed with the roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post

On the bright side for me, the trailers have Iron-Man's EMH voice actor, Eric Loomis and I think Brian Bloom, Captain America's EMH voice.
Ehhh... Loomis is about on par with Pasdar and much better than Wingert, but Smith is by far better than Bloom as Cap. Plus Smith's already in the game so I have no idea why they went with Bloom.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:44 PM   #106
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post

Ehhh... Loomis is about on par with Pasdar and much better than Wingert, but Smith is by far better than Bloom as Cap. Plus Smith's already in the game so I have no idea why they went with Bloom.
Personally, I'm not a fan of most Iron-Man voice actors. Besides Loomis, the only one I fully enjoy was Robert Hays. The rest to me just sound a bit too gruff or I'm not overly familiar with, these two I am though.

I do like Bloom as Cap, but I did listen a little to Roger's take. He's really good in the role. Not sure why they didn't use him.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #107
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/09/...ers-for-201/#5

DLC Announced

Black Widow

Winter Soldier

Venom

Monster Hunter
Old 09-19-2017, 03:33 PM   #108
Coola Yagami
Overlord

200 bucks gets you the game, 4 statues and replicas of the Infinity Stones that look like colored Easter eggs.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:13 PM   #109
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I hope Ultron Sigma is eventually playable in some capacity and that there's an Ultron Omega mode similar to Galactus mode in UMVC3. I can't help it. I like the big bads. Might wait a while before buying this one. As others have said, that roster, yeesh.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:26 PM   #110
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 11-06-2017, 11:37 PM   #111
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Sounds like MvC: Infinite is falling about 55% below Capcom's expectations.

https://gamefragger.com/multiplatfor...edium=referral
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:21 PM   #112
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Sounds like MvC: Infinite is falling about 55% below Capcom's expectations.

https://gamefragger.com/multiplatfor...edium=referral
Sounds about right. They really dropped the ball with Marvel vs Capcom 3.5

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #113
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I guess people didn't forget about the X-Men after all.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:30 AM   #114
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I guess people didn't forget about the X-Men after all.
I like how they said in some interview people won't know who the X-Men were when audiences were still basking in the Logan movie afterglow and awaiting news for Deadpool 2. Like, it would have made more sense if a few years have gone by WITHOUT and X-Men movie.

I do hope they do Wave 2 and 3 DLC like with Street Fighter 5 though. They can still redeem themselves with more characters.