The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-06-2018, 09:39 AM   #1
AquaParade
Banned

Visiting Japan

Hi all,

Looking for advice and tips from anyone who has lived in or visited Japan. I will be going there in January and don't have much of a clue as to what I'm in for. I'd also love to hear about any interesting or fun experiences you may have had.

I'm actually a little anxious about having to take my shoes off everywhere. I'm a bit self-conscious about my feet, even with socks on, yes. Is there anywhere I can go and keep my shoes on? Silly, I know.

Thanks for sharing!
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Just a suggestion... Would you be carrying anything with you regularly that might allow you to keep a simple pair of slippers packed with you? At least that might be something more than just being in socks if the occasion comes up.

I know nothing of Japan, but with a good friend since childhood who is Asian and her family also had that same rule, I understand the subconscious/awkward feeling.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:09 PM   #3
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Hi all,

Looking for advice and tips from anyone who has lived in or visited Japan. I will be going there in January and don't have much of a clue as to what I'm in for. I'd also love to hear about any interesting or fun experiences you may have had.

I'm actually a little anxious about having to take my shoes off everywhere. I'm a bit self-conscious about my feet, even with socks on, yes. Is there anywhere I can go and keep my shoes on? Silly, I know.

Thanks for sharing!
As you hang on a TMNT community, aren't you interested in visiting some museums with (real) ninjas and samurais as theme?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:41 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Don't listen to anything anime fans tell you about Japan, it's all wrong.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:20 PM   #5
AquaParade
Banned

Thanks for the feedback/suggestions so far, everyone. (Too lazy to quote).

Yes, I'd love to see some Samurai/ninja related thing. Anything that will give me a little hint of TMNT would be great. I just don't really know where to begin. I guess, to start somewhere, I'm interested in:

Night life, Beautiful views, Anime hotspots, Gundam statues, Ancient Japan history (def including Samurai/ancient weaponry/armor).

I'm also just interested in anyone who's had an experience over there, regarding lifestyle, etiquette, dating, etc

Cubed, what do Anime fans tell you about Japan?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote