The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-24-2017, 02:26 PM   #261
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

All from Vegitasan

Quote:
I never saw mad max
I recommend 2, 3 and Fury road.

Quote:
That said, this whole episode seemed like an excuse for 'how are we going to end this thing in a way that feels 'epic'? I know, lets do a mad max parody. that's cool'..
Why not?

Quote:
April and Karai where mutants, where where they? same goes for Slash and the Mutanimals.
Wish we knew, presumed dead or MIA.

Quote:
How can ice cream kitty survive in a desert?
Badly, as she almost melts at one point.

Quote:
The Bomb clearly went off in NYC, yet it all seems they moved out west for some reason.
I've expressed my thoughts on this in another thread. Suffice to say, weather patterns spreading the mutagenic mist like radioactive fallout.

Quote:
It seems all the humans where mutated, yet, some mutants where destroyed? what was the bombs ultimate purpose other than devastation?
Also theorized in another thread. Personally I think its most likely a misguided attempt by Stockman to spite everything around him and to mutate everything he can into a slave/servant race. Only it went horribly wrong.

Quote:
Too many plot convenient things, not enough things explained, and things ended on a seriously downer.....which seems par for the course with this team.
I partly agree. This didn't feel like it provided enough closure to make for a finale - at least for me. And it was hard to walk away from it not feeling at least a little deflated, if not depressed at it. Mostly because of so much being left unanswered (ala your mention of the support cast and their fates)

Quote:
Not saying I didn't enjoy the episode....but...like so many things with this series, interesting ideas that could have been fleshed out a little cooler.
You could have made this a whole season in and of itself, with awesome tidbits thrown in all throughout, and a magical time trip to reverse it all.
Would also hold Renet's statement of 'you saved the world multiple times' true. something else they seem to have forgotten about...
Hard to disagree with you here as I have said both those things! I think this would have worked better if they had given us at least 1 episode covering the bomb, preferably 2, and then led those into 'fifty years later...'.

Quote:
It's been a weird run with this show.
I wanted to give it up around season 3, but trudged through because it's turtles. it's the first show I have not arcchived at all, and don't really feel the need to rewatch, not counting the horrid next mutation.

It had great animation, great music, great sound effects, great cast. a few neat new ideas here and there...but lackluster implementation.

I hope it was a good learning experience for nick on what works and what doesn't.
I don't disagree, though I dont judge it as harshly. I thoroughly enjoyed Nick and for me it was one of the best iterations of the turtles - at least on TV. But I do agree there was a lot of room for improvement and a lot of room for further development that just never happened.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:33 PM   #262
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
It almost feels more like a pilot arc to launch a new series in the new setting.
Had crossed my mind too. Continuing into their lives in a changed world.

I'd kind of LIKE to know what happened with them after the end of this arc. How they lived, etc. Not sure about doing a whole series on it, but maybe a short one or a series of specials. Though I'd really really rather prefer they weren't so changed.

I'd long wanted Nick to age them up and continue in a second series...but not like this. Just 20 or 30-something Turtles, not old man Raph and Mikey, robot Donnie and Leo never himself again... (What'd you do to my boy, Nickelodeon...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I wish we could get a "Half-Shell Heroes: Blast to the Past" sequel now. Not the best story, but its ending was to interesting to leave unexplained.
I'm still suprised where they left the one special off, like it aught to continue and then... nothing? Wow, Nick.

Another one would be nice. Heck, they could do a cross over with their 2012 selves and save each other's worlds.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:35 PM   #263
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Yeah Leo's new design was.... was really not good. I know he was meant to be a hulking monster and all but....

Still I actually quite like the rest of them. Took some getting used to, but all in all, they are decent character designs

Old 09-24-2017, 02:41 PM   #264
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'd want to ask if they were supposed to be adults already when that bomb went off, but I fear that might risk spoilers if something I haven't seen covers all this. If so, well then ignore that I mentioned it.

If not... it's a shame to skip over their young adult years. I mean, yeah, I agree, the designs of the other three were decent... but damn I really want grown Turtles someday, and wanted to see the Nick set grown, not old Turtles just yet. *sigh* lol They can be old when we are.

So... Given the times Mikey has in the past licked or otherwise eaten ice cream from ICK.... Living alone in a desert where food and water are scarce, it's a wonder he never accidentally ate her, or too much of her. lol And come on... it's Mikey, those pizzas would have never lasted long enough to go bad.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #265
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I'd long wanted Nick to age them up and continue in a second series...but not like this. Just 20 or 30-something Turtles, not old man Raph and Mikey, robot Donnie and Leo never himself again... (What'd you do to my boy, Nickelodeon...)

Besides the head he reminded me a little of Super Shredder... okay minus the blades and nasty toe nails too I didn't like what they did to him.
As for the series idea Indigo, I would have liked that too (though I didn't think we would get it)

I also hoped maybe Nick would do a special to put a happier finish on the show but they switched the airing around to change the final arc, so I guess they won't.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:51 PM   #266
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Thinking about it, the only way this felt truly like a finale and not just some odd little 'what if' story, was the last scene of their younger selves and Splinter and the little 'thanks Peter and Kevin' sign.

Otherwise, this could have been just a standalone story. Kinda makes me wonder if this was originally intended to be the finale, or if that last bit was tacked on to make it so.

Old 09-24-2017, 02:58 PM   #267
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

The final was not to my liking at all. I assume the human characters just died off screen

Leo got very little screen time, his new look was odd too in my opinion.

What was up with Donnie? LOL A robot? Wow.

I don't read the comics, is that how this issue was or some thing?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:59 PM   #268
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post

What was up with Donnie? LOL A robot? Wow.

I don't read the comics, is that how this issue was or some thing?
Don turned into a cyborg in both Mirage/Image and IDW, so yes. Don was even in Metalhead's body in IDW for an arc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:02 PM   #269
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Thinking about it, the only way this felt truly like a finale and not just some odd little 'what if' story, was the last scene of their younger selves and Splinter and the little 'thanks Peter and Kevin' sign.

Otherwise, this could have been just a standalone story. Kinda makes me wonder if this was originally intended to be the finale, or if that last bit was tacked on to make it so.
Hm, good point. That thrown in on the end is sweet and nice, but sad... (Also, I guess seeing the young Turtles with Splinter again kind of makes me feel like they died too and they're together again in some afterlife.)

With the rest to still to come, at least for me... maybe I'll just pretend this was their "Same as it Never Was" scenario. Hmm, yeah, it didn't really happen... nope. All just a bad dream.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:11 PM   #270
Vegita-San
Emperor

I also can't help but wonder if Nick always intended for 'the big blow out' to be the series finale..

but the crew being into serious stuff though they are, fought tooth and nail to get this extra set of episodes done as THEIR season finale?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #271
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I guess the Big Blowout was the finale to the turtles during the present day (especially with the Ice Cream Kitty musical at the end) but this was the true finale.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:26 PM   #272
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I re-watched the episode with renet last night to be sure of what she said.... and yes she did say they saved the world many times and that they are in the history books.
Edit: Course, we don't know what they accomplished before the bomb went off.
In all fairness, she could be referring to the other turtles. Mirage & 4kids' respective turtles have statues of them & stuff in sacred territories. Might as well give them the confidence boost either way, without mentioning which turtles it is.

Quote:
Yeah Leo's new design was.... was really not good. I know he was meant to be a hulking monster and all but....

Still I actually quite like the rest of them. Took some getting used to, but all in all, they are decent character designs
Yeah, Leo's look was absolutely ridiculous. I hate it so, so much. The others were awesome.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:27 PM   #273
asfaloth12
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

With the rest to still to come, at least for me... maybe I'll just pretend this was their "Same as it Never Was" scenario. Hmm, yeah, it didn't really happen... nope. All just a bad dream.
I think it can be whatever you want
It's sill an odd note to end on (i.e., with it being the last episode made, I mean). But then again, for those of us who rewatch the series in the future, we can certainly watch some of these Season 5 arcs in whatever order we want, or completely skip them if we don't like them. The main story was technically concluded by the Kavaxas arc.
Personally, I'm torn between the Apocalypse arc being an alternate reality, or it being some weird bad dream.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #274
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I don't see any reason to presume its an alternate reality/dream/not canon. Its the real deal.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:32 PM   #275
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Anything that does that to Leo will never be cannon to me, dammit.

Besides, the comment about Renet brings up an interesting point. And how old are the Turtles when she's even born? (Since she did ask Mikey, back when she was first around, isn't he "too old for" her, she's not even born yet.) Seeing how she does not live on normal Earth and would not be at risk like normal Earth humans... can't she, uh, just show up and help fix all this? Give them another chance to stop the bomb?

Though again, I'm afraid to even try to wonder about these things if by chance it's answered later and ends up spoiled. So risky hanging around these parts these days. lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-24-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:33 PM   #276
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Anything that does that to Leo will never be cannon to me, dammit.
Hey, he might make PD Leo look beautiful but he's still the same lovable Leo from the inside
Old 09-24-2017, 03:39 PM   #277
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I don't see any reason to presume its an alternate reality/dream/not canon. Its the real deal.
While canon, it's probably one of many possible future timeliens.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:42 PM   #278
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Shyeah... inside.

At least after his brothers way too easily bring him back to his senses. Shame he had so little screen time though.

Kinda feel for those Raph fans who left the series because they felt Raph wasn't treated right and may have missed this and it going out largely focused on him. Shown all together as it was, he basically got his own finale movie.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:50 PM   #279
Kit31
Foot Soldier

There's so much hate for Leo's design. I personally didn't mind it TOO much. He reminded me a lot of Dark Leo in the 2003 series. The only thing that looked really weird to me about his design was his neck. I personally liked his head because he's always been adorable. Even after his brutal second mutation, I'm glad he still looks young-ish.

Also, I liked his role in the episode, but the Leo fangirl in me wishes he had a LOT more screen-time. I really think they should have had one more episode to finish things off.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #280
asfaloth12
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Oh, I can think of plenty of reasons And I can think of a few reasons why it does not fit into canon. That's all I will say for now, in order to avoid going into "rant mode" and potentially starting an argument. There are some good posts on Tumblr, regarding this. People are being civil so far, and I will try my best not to disrupt that..too much.

Love your icon by the way. I have fond memories of the Fred Wolf cartoon, and Leo did become my favorite turtle from that cartoon (it was Raphael for a while)

Quote:
Shyeah... inside.

At least after his brothers way too easily bring him back to his senses. Shame he had so little screen time though.
In fairness, I thought he looked a little better in the last shot. The face looked OK (all of the turtles had weird teeth, except for poor Donnie, of course). It just looked weird in comparison to the rest of his body. Made me think of a mini dinosaur, for some reason. At least he still has those blue eyes of his Maybe Donnie fixes him later on in that timeline/reality. He may need to if they believe Leo is at risk of going insane again. Plus, I'm curious as to how stable/healthy this double mutation is; those glowing veins look rather ominous. There may be good reason to attempt a de-mutation, other than for aesthetic reasons.