The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-14-2017, 03:46 AM   #1
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

Slash in future TMNTs

I liked what they did with Slash in 2012. But I don't think a morning star mace suits him.

If you were in charge of a new TMNT in the future, how do you picture the next adaptation for Slash?

He'd be the Frankenstein's Monster of TMNT. Looking for a purpose. He could start off evil like stealing some weapons from Shredder and learns the turtles' ninjutsu in secret. And he can start off with not speaking properly until bit by bit he develops.

Last edited by ninja-zero; 07-14-2017 at 03:56 AM.
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:20 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

I don't think Slash is a bad concept but I think, like with most other mutants, it's probably best if he's laid to rest for the next few incarnations. Appearing in a monthly comic and a cartoon seems fine for now.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:37 AM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Slash having a morningstar was a bit weird, unless the TMNT also trained in HEMA.

If future incarnations of Slash have similar ties to the Turtles like Nick Slash, I think it would have been cool if he'd sport a Nunti Bo, which is a staff with a Manji Sai attached to the end. It's a unique weapon but also similar to Raph's Sai, and it's a Okinawan weapon which half of the Turtles are already sporting.

A more evil ninja Slash should sport a Kyoketsu-Shoge or a Kusari-Fundo, although they're not very toy friendly weapons since Playmates usually makes chains in molded plastic instead of real chain or rope. So maybe a Hachiwari or a Tessen

For a powerhouse Slash, I'd love to see him with a Bisento which is a glaive-like Naginata or a nagamaki, a sword with a handle as long as the blade, or a Kanabo.

Or a gun wielding Slash, make him have firearms that's shaped like Bajo-zutsu or use rocket launchers like Bo-hiya or Hiya Taiho, and landmines and other explosives.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:19 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I can imagine a future TMNT series without him.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:53 AM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I can imagine a future TMNT series without him.
Considering how the vast majority of TMNT media has ignored him, I'd say that's not ver hard.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:49 AM   #6
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

I'd like to see more of him but only if he was done in a similar way to the IDW comics. I like the conflict of him being gentle and intellectual while having to contain a more brutal side of himself.

It's tragic, sometimes heartbreaking but creates interesting conflict and makes you feel for the character.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:04 PM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisKosh View Post
I'd like to see more of him but only if he was done in a similar way to the IDW comics. I like the conflict of him being gentle and intellectual while having to contain a more brutal side of himself.

It's tragic, sometimes heartbreaking but creates interesting conflict and makes you feel for the character.
Not that they haven't done a good job but IDW's Slash is literally just a re-skinned Mirage/4kids Leatherhead.

I prefer his Archie roots; an evil dude who eventually sees the light.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not that they haven't done a good job but IDW's Slash is literally just a re-skinned Mirage/4kids Leatherhead.

Nick's Slash is basically just Leatherhead too, that's why in the episodes when they're standing next to each other they feel like the same character.

I also think Archie Slash was the most unique. Also helped matters they didn't make him huge like Nick/IDW Slash and he was just the same size of the Turtles.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:46 PM   #9
Overlord

Quote:
His Archie version is OK once he joins the good guys. But first, he's just stupid looking for his palmtree.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:50 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
But first, he's just stupid looking for his palmtree.
That's what made him endearing.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #11
snake
Disgusting

Archie and Nick Slash (design wise) are my favorites. I hope future incarnations keep him towering and bulky. As for his purpose in the story, I hope they do something more creative than Nick/IDW. Not sure what, but something other than Slash being just another guy to fight who then becomes an ally.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #12
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

I hope in future incarnations, they'll turn Slash into something truly ninja.

The mace doesn't suit him. I prefer him a one handed sword and a Shredder tekko-kagi claw.

And I feel Slash needs to be around more often. And hope the Mighty Mutanimals would be around with him as the leader.

Last edited by ninja-zero; 07-15-2017 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:41 AM   #13
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja-zero View Post
I hope in future incarnations, they'll turn Slash into something truly ninja.

The mace doesn't suit him. I prefer him a one handed sword and a Shredder tekko-kagi claw.

And I feel Slash needs to be around more often. And hope the Mighty Mutanimals would be around with him as the leader.
If Slash is a real ninja and fights for the good side, you suddenly have a fifth member of the Ninja Turtles.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:34 PM   #14
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

If you were in charge of reincarnating Slash as an anti-hero & full hero, what would you do with that?

And what would be the best weapons that can suit Slash as a ninja?
Old 07-16-2017, 12:38 PM   #15
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
If you were in charge of reincarnating Slash as an anti-hero & full hero, what would you do with that?

And what would be the best weapons that can suit Slash as a ninja?
Weapons for Slash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Nunti Bo, which is a staff with a Manji Sai attached to the end. It's a unique weapon but also similar to Raph's Sai, and it's a Okinawan weapon which half of the Turtles are already sporting.

Kyoketsu-Shoge or a Kusari-Fundo, although they're not very toy friendly weapons since Playmates usually makes chains in molded plastic instead of real chain or rope. So maybe a Hachiwari or a Tessen

For a powerhouse Slash, I'd love to see him with a Bisento which is a glaive-like Naginata or a nagamaki, a sword with a handle as long as the blade, or a Kanabo.

Or a gun wielding Slash, make him have firearms that's shaped like Bajo-zutsu or use rocket launchers like Bo-hiya or Hiya Taiho, and landmines and other explosives.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:13 PM   #16
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
True, although the circumstances are a little different. Maybe it's just me, but he feels different enough to warrant being his own character.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #17
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
His Archie version is OK once he joins the good guys. But first, he's just stupid looking for his palmtree.
My binky!
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:21 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I'd keep him as an alien, but also a mutant. Like, on some other world the Utroms have been to, a turtle there accidentally (or intentionally) got exposed to ooze. But visually I'd make him not look so much like a normal Turtle (not even a snapping turtle), since he wouldn't be derived from one.

Let's say he basically had to learn to survive on this desolate planet. Living off the land, fending off fierce creatures. His "oasis" on the world would be a single small island in the middle, where a palm tree-like tree grows and he feels at peace. Eventually he's able to stow away on an Utrom freighter and makes his way to Earth.

Or something.

No belt, no "S" on him or anything. No bandanna (but maybe he would fashion one for himself after he meets the Turtles). I like the twisted sai but it seems pretty coincidental that he'd have something so similar to an existing Turtle weapon. Probably no weapon, just big claw blades attached to both wrists. Give him four on each hand, not two (too much like Shredder, and three screams Wolverine). I'd like him a little bigger than the other Turtles but not this hulking thing. And kind of hunched over a bit all the time.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slash