The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 04-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #21
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Who want to sit in their retro 80s sofa, playing an actual NES console, adjusting their man bun while sipping their organic chai latte and feeling sophisticated.
Erm, you never heard of retro gaming?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:28 PM   #22
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I would totally love a sandbox-style game in the vein of Arkham City, GTA or Assassin's Creed. A TMNT game needs a non-stupid story to be good. It shouldn't be that hard to create with the right people behind it.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:31 AM   #23
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

I think the most critical part of a modern turtle game is getting the general game play right. We need a combat system that feels fluid and satisfying. That's easy enough to pick up but is more rewarding the more you learn it. There should be focus on team work showcasing how good of a fighting unit the turtles are. There also should be some focus on stealth since guys are ninjas. I'm thinking something like assassin's creed where maybe some missions and objectives you can accomplish without even being seen and you get bonus points for doing so.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:38 PM   #24
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
There should be focus on team work showcasing how good of a fighting unit the turtles are.
This just reminds me how utterly useless your brothers' AI was in OOTS...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:43 PM   #25
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

We need a TMNT game with the combat style of the Batman Arkham games, but done better, I believe OOTS tried to do that.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:17 AM   #26
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer
I think if that success and quality could be replicated today, the fans would be in for a real treat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Nah. In a post-Grand Theft Auto, post-Arkham Asylum world, normal gamers expect way more than side-scrolling button mashing Final Fight clones these days. People aside from 30, 40 year-old hipsters, that is. Who want to sit in their retro 80s sofa, playing an actual NES console, adjusting their man bun while sipping their organic chai latte and feeling sophisticated.
I think you misunderstood my statement regarding success and quality. By "success", I really mean something that can't really be planned for in development. The success comes after the game's release when it's positively received by fans/players. Upon release, TMNT and Turtles in Time were both VERY successful games that really stood out among other games of the era. If THAT success could be replicated today...meaning a TMNT game is released that is considered a high-quality, fun game when compared to other games out right now, that would be a real treat for fans.

And by "quality", I really mean the same thing. When the early TMNT arcade games came out, they were of much higher quality than many of the games that were out at the time. Just as before, if we were to get a TMNT game today that was of equal or higher quality than most of the games coming out today, it would be a great thing for fans. After playing the 2007 movie game and the first 2012 animated series game, I know the TMNT property isn't setting the world ablaze with quality (though I admit, I liked a lot of things about OOTS).

Am I suggesting that they should simply re-hash the same beat-em-up formula that was so successful in the early to mid 90's? No. What I'm saying is if we could get someone to invest money and talent into a TMNT game and replicate the success felt by the TMNT games of the early 90's, TMNT fans and gamers alike would be in good shape.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:25 AM   #27
Panther10
Hench Mutant

I would like to see a new 4K Turtles game that is on par with other 3rd person titles like Uncharted 4, Tomb Raider and Assassins Creed. Forget the original side scrollers or any homages to those. Give us something genuinely fresh.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:37 AM   #28
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Honestly ... at this point, I would prefer something that was akin to Sonic Mania. I know Konami will never help us out on that end though.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #29
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
I would like to see a new 4K Turtles game that is on par with other 3rd person titles like Uncharted 4, Tomb Raider and Assassins Creed. Forget the original side scrollers or any homages to those. Give us something genuinely fresh.
I remember when the assassinsun creed unity trailer came out showing off the multiplayer. My first thought was why can't some one make something like that featuring the turtles
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:30 PM   #30
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
I remember when the assassinsun creed unity trailer came out showing off the multiplayer. My first thought was why can't some one make something like that featuring the turtles
Precisely. Give us a game like that with highly adaptable AI for the villains and all four turtles and that game sounds like a winner
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote