The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-25-2014, 09:29 PM   #21
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Do people actually care about physical media anymore?
I do. It'll look great on my Marvel blu-ray shelf.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Do people actually care about physical media anymore? I would've been excited years ago but now I prefer knowing I can watch it anytime on Netflix, sure the rights might expire one day but I think it's obvious it'll be available in one way or another through other means not to mention always through piracy.
Digital is for chumps, and I only buy digital when there's no other alternative.

All my videogames, DVDs, movies, etc. I want to actually own. That way 10 years from now I still have the guarantee that I will be able to watch them...with digital you never know.

This is the same reason I barely buy any apps on my phone. Usually whatever I download is free.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:56 PM   #23
sdp
-

Physical media is on the way out, the majority is making the switch to digital whether you like it or not, physical will always exist but it'll be far from the normal choice. I loved physical media and owning stuff like shows I liked but two factors showed up in my life that makes me unable to look back at physical media. Ease of use, I love having games/movies/shows etc all at the touch of a finger without worrying where the X is, worrying if it's scratched etc. If anything digital media is safer since I can have backups. The second thing is space, I just don't have that much space anymore and hoarding things digitally is great since it takes no extra space unlike IRL. I still want to keep physical media of things I absolutely love but for the rest nah. Finally I realized many of the movies and shows that I owned are just things I'll probably watch once more in my life, I don't need all that clutter for something I can probably watch on a streaming service years from now and worst case scenario I just download it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #24
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Damn is this show really that good??? I was going to watch it on netflix, but it was pulled before I could watch it. Also I am with Cybercube X-men evolution is a great cartoon that is underrated.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:22 AM   #25
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:

Do people actually care about physical media anymore?
Uh, YES. I like the feeling of owning something that won't get taken away from me later. (Unless someone decides to burglarize my place and rip my stuff off.)

Seriously, questions like that piss me off.

Quote:
Physical media is on the way out...
Uh, not it's not.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:33 AM   #26
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Damn is this show really that good??? I was going to watch it on netflix, but it was pulled before I could watch it. Also I am with Cybercube X-men evolution is a great cartoon that is underrated.
It's hands down the best Spider-Man cartoon by far. I'd highly recommend watching it.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #27
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Physical media is on the way out, the majority is making the switch to digital whether you like it or not, physical will always exist but it'll be far from the normal choice. I loved physical media and owning stuff like shows I liked but two factors showed up in my life that makes me unable to look back at physical media. Ease of use, I love having games/movies/shows etc all at the touch of a finger without worrying where the X is, worrying if it's scratched etc. If anything digital media is safer since I can have backups. The second thing is space, I just don't have that much space anymore and hoarding things digitally is great since it takes no extra space unlike IRL. I still want to keep physical media of things I absolutely love but for the rest nah. Finally I realized many of the movies and shows that I owned are just things I'll probably watch once more in my life, I don't need all that clutter for something I can probably watch on a streaming service years from now and worst case scenario I just download it.
I dont know if you live in the United States or not but if you do get ready to be pissed because that easy access could be going away for a long time and get very expensive. With the idea of Net neutrality the Comcast/Time Warner merg deal even the paying comcast to stream there site faster. Its looking more and more like physical media is going to be in more demand then ever. Yes piracy is a away to get around the money grubbing asshole who take things off Netflix or what have you but its not a true substitute theres a alot of stuff I cant find or at the very least in good quality that a good old DVD or Blu-Ray has. Also if you need any more evidence when it comes the physical media vs digital all you need to look at the revealings of PS4 and Xbox One went. Xbox went from being an all digital internet media device to backpedaling to physical all because of consumer outrage that doesn't say everyone is ready to me.

Now that I got that rant out of my system **** yeah Spectacular Spider-Man on Blu-Ray hell yeah I am excited to own that. I just wish they would get the 90's Spider-Man show out on DVD to.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:24 AM   #28
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

Of course this happens a month after I finally cave and buy the whole series on DVD...

Still Blu-Ray if its affordable and includes some sweet extras that I will have to rebuy this series because it is that good. Heck then I can regift the DVD's to my sister...

Oh Spectacular Spider-Man you are truly the greatest
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #29
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxZerro View Post
Of course this happens a month after I finally cave and buy the whole series on DVD...

Still Blu-Ray if its affordable and includes some sweet extras that I will have to rebuy this series because it is that good. Heck then I can regift the DVD's to my sister...

Oh Spectacular Spider-Man you are truly the greatest
It has the same extras that the season 1 set and the "Attack of the Lizard" DVD has.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spider-man