The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-19-2018, 10:44 AM   #21
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
Or a sewer playset.

I'm still gonna stick with Technodrome for now, but yeah, I really feel it has to be a vehicle or playset. Can't just be more characters.
I almost want to say it's something Technodrome related due to Randy catching himself on Pixel Dan's coverage video at around 12 minutes in, but I may be reaching there.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:53 AM   #22
AquaParade
Banned

Sewer set is an interesting theory.

Evidence:
- The small scale diorama they were showing off this weekend
- I could see this being interpreted as a "game-changer" if influntial enough. Could get other companies going hard on diorama's.

Personally, I'd have no interest in the thing. I'm hoping they can do something like a box-set or at least of manageable size. Not a fan of clutter and things that take up a lot of space.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:56 AM   #23
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
I am expecting it to be a super shredder in 1/4 scale and it will be a convention exclusive.

I also like the idea I heard about there being a 1:1 prop replica of the Shredder mask from 1990 movie-that would be cool
Has NECA produced anything from Secret of the Ooze? Seems like everything has been from the first film. Even the ooze canister is from the first film, even though the TGRI canisters are way more recognizable, prop-wise. I'm wondering if the license is limited to just the first film.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #24
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Has NECA produced anything from Secret of the Ooze? Seems like everything has been from the first film. Even the ooze canister is from the first film, even though the TGRI canisters are way more recognizable, prop-wise. I'm wondering if the license is limited to just the first film.
Not yet ... at least. Randy mentioned to me he wasn't too keen on the idea of Tokka and Rahzar last year on Twitter, but time will tell.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:08 AM   #25
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
I just feel like an exclusive super shredder would be easy to pull off in 1/4 scale with them already making the regular shredder. Add a bunch of padded clothes and add ons like helmet, pads, etc, and away you go.

I am probably wrong though

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:09 AM   #26
Coro
Mad Scientist

Just went and watched the videos...he stresses the word VILLIANS a lot. I am NOW betting it will be Neutrinos to go along with the Dimension X villains.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #27
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Just went and watched the videos...he stresses the word VILLIANS a lot. I am NOW betting it will be Neutrinos to go along with the Dimension X villains.
Good lord, I'd love to have a flying car with some FW Turtles in it. There's something I've always loved about that dynamic.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:57 AM   #28
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

In a way, last year's SDCC set was a variant to the Arcade set from 2016.
The figures and accessories are really very similar.

Spoiler:

And let's not forget the Foot Clan set.

Spoiler:

I wonder if they could make another set in the same fashion, but based on a different TMNT universe (the first movie being the most likely).
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #29
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Sure hope it's the 2003 turtles that NECA are calling a "game changer". It could be 80s villians set, Bebop, Rocksteady, leatherhead and ratking or something. That would be coolio!

I am sure whatever they are, will be great.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)

Last edited by TheBlueTurtle1; 02-19-2018 at 12:27 PM.
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:31 PM   #30
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
I wonder if they could make another set in the same fashion, but based on a different TMNT universe (the first movie being the most likely).
I wouldn't be surprised if that's a 2020 (30th Anniversary of the 1990 movie) set.

If they wanted to do an eight figure pack and let's say that Casey Jones and Splinter come out in 1/4th scale next year ... that could be eight total figures (TMNT, Shredder, Foot Soldier, Casey and Splinter) scaled down.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #31
inaheap
Mad Scientist

I'm hoping they do Splinter, Bebop, Rocksteady, and April. Then maybe mix some other characters like Casey in with more foot to army build. I actually think a Technodrome makes a lot of sense though.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:16 PM   #32
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Sure hope it's the 2003 turtles that NECA are calling a "game changer". It could be 80s villians set, Bebop, Rocksteady, leatherhead and ratking or something. That would be coolio!

My head is having a really hard time wrapping around 2k3 TMNT figures. I can't imagine what they'd look like, but I'd be very curious to see Neca's attempt.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:38 PM   #33
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

A technodrome? At what scale, and with what level of detail? Does it open? A technodrome, NECA-style, would probably cost an arm and a leg. I don't think so. To be honest, any kind of figure-compatible vehicle would be a "game-changer" wouldn't it? So maybe something more like a Cheapskate, or even just the van would be less complex than the Technodrome.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:46 PM   #34
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I don't see a NECA Technodrome ever happen, that'd be like a MOTUC Castle Greyskull situation and that thing almost didn't happen, and MOTUC Snake Mountain was iced. And NECA ain't Mattel, or Hasbro who is going to crowdfound a 1:18th scale Jabba's Sail Barge from Return of the Jedi.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:56 PM   #35
dragonside
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post

YES, that would change EVERYTHING. Establishing NECA as the official (multiverse line). JK. Can you imagine? With 2k3 there could be the super turtles. same as it never was. Now to be fair, i think the 2k3 turtles are better off in a statue format, because I can't see them improving that much on the playmates sculpts, but maybe they can.

Now if its more "repaints", I'd like to see a Future Tense Version/Archie. Stump wrestling version.

I think the theme that NECA has been going for would be to fill in "the void" of either most accurate to the TV version or special versions that were not made before.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:40 PM   #36
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

I had a dream last night that this jawdropping, game changer was a Technodrome. But when they opened it up it had April, Splinter Rocksteady and Bebop inside as well as Neutrinos. It was just a dream but it would be really cool if they did something like that. Maybe it wouldn't be an actual plastic Technodrome but something similar to a carrying case big enough to be used as a display piece as well as storage. That would be pretty neat.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:50 PM   #37
leolao
Random Punk

What about a "TMNT: Turtles in Time" video game figures pack?
leolao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:18 PM   #38
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leolao View Post
While I'd love to see the packaging they'd come up with, the overall concept may seem redundant.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:21 PM   #39
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by leolao View Post
Lol...literal changing of games with that game changer. By jove I think you've won it!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:26 PM   #40
AquaParade
Banned

So the Image comics announcement has me dreaming...What if the Neca exclusive is an Image figure box set? Unlikely but still possible. It sure would be a fun looking set.