The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-14-2020, 06:54 PM   #41
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Ciro would just write more horror homages.
Excellent then.

We’ve had slapstick humor with Rise (akin to current wacky Mickey Mouse cartoon), now back to horror like Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 07:08 PM   #42
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Nickelodeon Readies Next Chapter of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles With All-new CG-animated Theatrical Release Produced by Point Grey Pictures
https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-Grey-Pictures

Coincidentally they sued the term Next Chapter for the CG movie
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 07:55 PM   #43
Powder
So tired of this place

Dunno what to make of this, but I won't get my hopes up for anything. It's probably nothing, anyway.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:52 PM   #44
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
"The Next Chapter" implies continuation. If this was a reboot it would be "The First Chapter" or "The Beginning."
Not really, could be just as vague as something as The Next chapter of the franchise, with Rise being the previous chapter.

It's kind of like how Ultraman a few years ago had gotten two trademarks as both were called "Ultraman for kids" and "Ultraman for adults." And all that turned out was Ultraman Orb and Ultraman Orb Origins which was an Amazon Prime exclusive.
Old 12-14-2020, 11:14 PM   #45
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Well it’s nice to hear something new is coming. Sooner than we expected it seems. Unless it’s just referring to Seth’s movie...which is still new.

I would love, as mentioned already, if it was a series about the turtles being older. Not necessarily as a continuation of any of the old cartoons. Just a general progression of time.
Old 12-15-2020, 01:41 AM   #46
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Well it’s nice to hear something new is coming. Sooner than we expected it seems. Unless it’s just referring to Seth’s movie...which is still new.

I would love, as mentioned already, if it was a series about the turtles being older. Not necessarily as a continuation of any of the old cartoons. Just a general progression of time.
Adult Mutant Ninja Turtles then?

*stares at the camera like The Office*
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:06 AM   #47
Wildcat
Foot Elite

What you think that’s a bad idea?

Portraying them in adulthood would make for interesting storylines. Shredder could be defeated and they have to deal with new threats. I know they already fight various other villains but the point is them growing up.

Maybe even reveal themselves in order to be part of society. I don’t think they’d want to live in the sewers or hidden forever.
Old 12-15-2020, 09:21 AM   #48
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Would Nick/Viacom actually have the rights to produce new episodes specifically as part of the FW toon? Since the DVD distribution rights are at Lionsgate and not Nick, I’m not sure if Nick have full ownership rights, hence why official products (t-shirts etc) have different images/artstyle of the characters compared to the show itself
Old 12-15-2020, 09:56 AM   #49
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Turtles Forever had them looking exactly on model with the show.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:19 AM   #50
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Turtles Forever had them looking exactly on model with the show.
That's because they used the original model sheets used for the original cartoon. Which I happened to have available when I was asked about them by a 4Kids production person. Which is why my name ended up in the credits under Special Thanks.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:38 AM   #51
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Which is why my name ended up in the credits under Special Thanks.
I didn't know it, congrats!
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 11:06 AM   #52
Cake-Monster85
Banned

Is anyone else hoping that it might be a return to the 2012 TMNT show? I love that show.
Cake-Monster85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 11:40 AM   #53
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Monster85 View Post
Is anyone else hoping that it might be a return to the 2012 TMNT show? I love that show.
Someone on Facebook wondered if that would be a possibility, and I replied that it could be a possibility (along with many other possibilities), and a very vocal Rise fan went off on me on Twitter because I said that while also shooting down the idea that the new possible series is a continuation of Rise.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 11:47 AM   #54
Cake-Monster85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Someone on Facebook wondered if that would be a possibility, and I replied that it could be a possibility (along with many other possibilities), and a very vocal Rise fan went off on me on Twitter because I said that while also shooting down the idea that the new possible series is a continuation of Rise.
That is very interesting. Yeah, I'm a fan of the 2012 thing so I hope we get more of that. I think it's the best TMNT has ever been, maybe!
Cake-Monster85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:01 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

I do think the 2012 could be revisited with a set of standalone movies or specials. They have all the CG models still and Ciro has pitched numerous ideas since the show ended. And as said, we're about at the point where the kids who grew up with it will be really nostalgic for it...the show is actually almost 10 years old already!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM   #56
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

While I share Shark Blade's concern over how vague the article is, I also share the hope to a mild extent that it's a continuation of 2012 of some sort. What's certain is that we'll have to wait and see for more information, though.
Old 12-15-2020, 12:43 PM   #57
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

It's most likely a continuation of a previous TMNT iteration or an all-new show/reboot... but I'd like to think they want to do a show that takes the TMNT into the future, this is what other properties have done, some more successful than others, and allows them to move forward and tell different kinds of stories rather than yet again rehash the same tmnt stuff we've experienced many times over.

Why not a show set 30 years later (with the OG turtles having been 'teens' in the late 80s/early 90s) where we somehow have a new group of turtles (how this happens, your theory is as good as mine)

I know, many would find this idea repulsive, but many properties have done it with success. It can be a good way to mix the old with the new and please both sides of the fanbase if they do it well!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:46 PM   #58
CyberCubed
Overlord

Fun fact: In the finale of the Nick series, during the flashbacks when they showed the Mutagen Bomb go off, it was already a timeskip showing the Turtles around 20 if I remember right (granted I could be off a little, its been awhile since I've seen it), and that's when the apocalypse happens.

It's quite possible it could be the 2012 Turtles around 18-20 or so, and involve some time travel shennanigans where one of the Turtles from the future (I assume bearded Raph since he was the main of that arc), comes back in time to prevent the mutagen bomb from going off and saving the future.
Old 12-15-2020, 12:52 PM   #59
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And as said, we're about at the point where the kids who grew up with it will be really nostalgic for it...the show is actually almost 10 years old already!
lol no we're not, right now the kids who grew up with it are teenagers, they could care less about 2012, give it until 2030. We are just now reaching some 2k3 nostalgia from kids who grew up with it. 00's nostalgia is a thing that has just started.
Old 12-15-2020, 12:54 PM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
lol no we're not, right now the kids who grew up with it are teenagers, they could care less about 2012, give it until 2030. We are just now reaching some 2k3 nostalgia from kids who grew up with it. 00's nostalgia is a thing that has just started.
Depends on the age. The show started in 2012. If they were 7-8 years old in 2012, they would be 17-18 in 2022.

I was 17 years old when the 2k3 series started in 2003. At that time our generation was highly nostalgic for the TMNT franchise due to the original cartoon, movies, toys, etc. It's about at the right time.