The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-15-2019, 03:30 PM   #121
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
In some weird alternate reality, all of this just makes me wonder what it would be like if DC bought Ninja Turtles from Peter instead of Nick. That's all these comics reminds me of.
The Justice Force members would probably have more prominent roles.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:38 PM   #122
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Kevin has 0 interest in Volume 4. I very much doubt he's even ever read it.

That said, Kevin spearheading like... a TMNT Volume 5? That'd be kind of cool.
Don't really see the point of a volume 5 and Peter Laird probably gave up on the idea.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:00 PM   #123
pferreira
Foot Elite

Batman and co look great, the TMNT...not sure what's going on there. At least some fans will be happy.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:01 PM   #124
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
Don't really see the point of a volume 5 and Peter Laird probably gave up on the idea.
You're not real.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:02 PM   #125
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
You're not real.
I see the point of Volume 5 but kind of agree with the second part of Toxin's sentence.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:20 PM   #126
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
You're not real.
Oh I am given that he didn't even finish volume 4 what makes you think he will start volume 5?
Old 02-15-2019, 04:56 PM   #127
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
Oh I am given that he didn't even finish volume 4 what makes you think he will start volume 5?
Kevin had nothing to do with 4 but he could start a brand new volume 5 set, like, now, and leapfrog whatever ending events hypothetically happened at the end of 4. And just start with the Turtles at a different point in their lives. New enemies, etc..
Old 02-15-2019, 05:12 PM   #128
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Kevin had nothing to do with 4 but he could start a brand new volume 5 set, like, now, and leapfrog whatever ending events hypothetically happened at the end of 4. And just start with the Turtles at a different point in their lives. New enemies, etc..
Kevin is too busy with the idw comics than he does volume 5
Old 02-15-2019, 06:48 PM   #129
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Kevin CAN'T do anything with the turtles unless idw or viacom are involved, so a volume 5 is very unlikely. Only Laird can do it and I doubt he wants to start a new volume, considering the current state of volume 4.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:04 PM   #130
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Kevin CAN'T do anything with the turtles unless idw or viacom are involved, so a volume 5 is very unlikely. Only Laird can do it and I doubt he wants to start a new volume, considering the current state of volume 4.
There is nothing that says IDW can't make Mirage Volume 5. And yes, when I say Kevin can make Volume 5, I mean Kevin can pitch it to IDW and IDW can run it up the flagpole to Nickelodeon and see if that's OK.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:08 PM   #131
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Or if he had even more involvement...

"DAREDEVIL/TMNT, MILLER/EASTMAN, 2020"
When The Hand and the Foot clan form a new super criminal group called The Body, the old turtles must return and team-up with Daredevil to defeat it.
With a lot of violence and four bloody red bandanas. Call me in.
Is there some duoshade sheets still around?
Old 02-15-2019, 07:22 PM   #132
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
There is nothing that says IDW can't make Mirage Volume 5. And yes, when I say Kevin can make Volume 5, I mean Kevin can pitch it to IDW and IDW can run it up the flagpole to Nickelodeon and see if that's OK.
Yes. Not sure if I would be willing to see Idw continuing mirage stuff though. Maybe if they bring back Lawson...
Old 02-15-2019, 07:23 PM   #133
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
When The Hand and the Foot clan form a new super criminal group called The Body, the old turtles must return and team-up with Daredevil to defeat it.
With a lot of violence and four bloody red bandanas. Call me in.
Is there some duoshade sheets still around?
Frank Millier is kinda controversial these days He prefers doing his own thing now.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:28 PM   #134
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Yes. Not sure if I would be willing to see Idw continuing mirage stuff though. Maybe if they bring back Lawson...
Lawson is already doing his own project.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:57 PM   #135
Galactus
Foot Elite

I'm still happy that we're getting a movie that isn't aimed squarely at 8 year olds and TMNT's association with Batman carrying on outside the comics but looking at the art for the part III of their comic crossovers make me really wish they'd tried to emulate that art style for the animation.

It's kinda made me realise that I'm more than over with the idea of giving the turtles different body and facial types. It's more than fine when it's subtle like the 1990 movie and what Paul Harmon was attempting to do with his art on Tales V2 had the book continued, I'd even argue the Imagi movie did this well but since the 2012 show set it as a new standard it always seemed to get exaggerated by artists. Don in particular always seems to get the short end of the stick looking like he's been stretched vertically.

The designs in the movie don't look bad but yeah seeing the artwork from the story the movie is based on really hammers home what the turtles should look like. Some of the best turtle designs imo.

Quote:
Mirage is the only universe where there's the origin connection. If, say, IDW TMNT met Daredevil, it'd just be them randomly meeting with no connection. Same as Batman or anybody else.
The'd still be thematically linked though. Even in a crossover with Mirage version would the quirk of the origins being connected be anything more than a vague recognition between the characters like Raphael's "Do I know you?" when he meets Chet in 15 Years Later.

It really shouldn't be anything more than that anyway. That'd be kind of a worry I'd have that some writer couldn't resist playing up the connections between the two franchises. To be honest there's a few other Marvel crossovers I'd love to see before Daredevil even if that's the most obvious one.

Quote:
That would depend on what kind of an end Peter has in mind for Vol. 4.

I think when he started it he meant it to be the last TMNT story and by his own admission had an apocalyptic end planned but then after a while changed his mind. I think the idea of the turtles being an 'evergreen' property appealed to him and wanted a more open ending. He even floated the idea of a Vol. 5 with more traditional TMNT stories once, of course what is traditional for Peter might not what many people including Kevin thinks...like would the Utroms still be on Earth?

Of course you could always have two continuations of Mirage; an Eastman-verse and a Laird-verse largely sharing the same 80s and 90s history but diverging from when the two stopped working together. To be honest I imagine Kevin would be more into starting from scratch if he even had the juice for a proper TMNT run.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:13 PM   #136
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
It will be interesting to see what direction the makers take. I would like to see one of the turtles use one of the already existing bat vehicles. If it works in the overall story. But not super goofy Mikey driving and crackin’ jokes. More like turtle needing to get some place quickly for some reason. If a joke is needed. Less is more. Like maybe a tight fit getting in because the vehicle is not designed for large shell. Robin giving funny look from passenger side asking if everything is ok.

edit: it would be great if Mikey slaps one of those I heart NY bumper stickers on the batmobile without anyone knowing. Like as they all quickly walked by to go some place. lol
Ya something like that sounds good. Batman being all serious and giving him a look of disapproval.

I’d still prefer some crossover vehicle that maybe Don and Batman put together.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:37 AM   #137
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Ya something like that sounds good. Batman being all serious and giving him a look of disapproval.

I’d still prefer some crossover vehicle that maybe Don and Batman put together.
Sounds cool to me.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:50 AM   #138
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
I can think of very few things I'd rather see less.
Weird flex but okay
Old 02-16-2019, 07:08 AM   #139
sdp
-

Who is ponying up the money? from a quick read on the PR it seems it's DC, in that case it'll really be something different than whatever viacom may have produced, if it's viacom then if it's successful they might continue this idea of tmnt movies like DC does.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:34 AM   #140
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I am more than excited for this although it's weird that they're going for the blue cape and cowl of the 70s and 90s comics for Batman. The turtles' designs (especially Don) could be better but they still look pretty cool.

Quote:
I can only hope that he does as I would love to see more of Mirage continue and at this point, a Volume 5 is more likely than Peter continuing and concluding Volume 4. Laird just doesn't seem to have the desire to continue it. He might just be done with it for good, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
It's kinda made me realise that I'm more than over with the idea of giving the turtles different body and facial types. It's more than fine when it's subtle like the 1990 movie and what Paul Harmon was attempting to do with his art on Tales V2 had the book continued, I'd even argue the Imagi movie did this well but since the 2012 show set it as a new standard it always seemed to get exaggerated by artists. Don in particular always seems to get the short end of the stick looking like he's been stretched vertically.
Pretty much this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
It really shouldn't be anything more than that anyway. That'd be kind of a worry I'd have that some writer couldn't resist playing up the connections between the two franchises. To be honest there's a few other Marvel crossovers I'd love to see before Daredevil even if that's the most obvious one.

That would depend on what kind of an end Peter has in mind for Vol. 4.

I think when he started it he meant it to be the last TMNT story and by his own admission had an apocalyptic end planned but then after a while changed his mind. I think the idea of the turtles being an 'evergreen' property appealed to him and wanted a more open ending. He even floated the idea of a Vol. 5 with more traditional TMNT stories once, of course what is traditional for Peter might not what many people including Kevin thinks...like would the Utroms still be on Earth?

Of course you could always have two continuations of Mirage; an Eastman-verse and a Laird-verse largely sharing the same 80s and 90s history but diverging from when the two stopped working together. To be honest I imagine Kevin would be more into starting from scratch if he even had the juice for a proper TMNT run.
It makes you wonder that if a Volume 5 were to happen, would we get less sci-fi influences?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote