The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-23-2019, 04:50 PM   #801
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
"Baxter Stockman was totally gay you guys. He has never been shown in a relationship with a woman, you can't disprove it!"
He had a fetish for sentient computers.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:00 AM   #802
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
lol Oh god.

Spoiler:
I bet it already exists in fanfic.

You're not far off. I've seen some funny ones of Shredder/April, Splinter/April, and Shredder/Krang. Might have to go hunting now just see if there are and Saki/Splinter (Yoshi) fics.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:15 AM   #803
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Tube of black henna +

Leo's simple little wrist tattoo +

my ankle and an attempt to copy it just for fun and why the heck not.

It's a little messy and probably more crooked than I can tell, but turned out okay and only temporary, so good enough and a decent test of the stuff. Got a tube of black and blue (and debating on getting a few more colors) to play with for the summer; TMNT themes or otherwise.

6/30 - Remember those old Magic Eye books? They should have done a TMNT one. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

7/2 - Shame on you, whoever stole one of the stickers out of a TMNT b-day card at one of my stores. Now the whole thing has to be credited out and tossed, because no one is going to buy it for a kid with it missing. Shame. The Leo sticker no less... And you call yourself a fan of heroes...good guys. *TISK* They'd be disappointed in you.

Even if it's fine for me to keep the rest of the sticker sheet from it before I toss it out, there's no Leo. HMPH.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-02-2019 at 01:07 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:11 PM   #804
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Was playing Rocky Horror's Time Warp on YouTube, and maybe it's incredibly random...but I sort of want to see the Turtles do it, along with human friends (and maybe some fellow mutants), of course. That would be amazing.

7/28 -- Is there any particular reason why pre-owned TMNT "The Works" Volume 4 is particularly expensive? Been keeping an eye out for one that's a decent price, but so far $30 is still the cheapest I've seen anywhere online.

Just saw new eBay listings for it and three of the others all posted by the same seller and even then the 1st and 2nd are just under $20, $10-something for the 5th book that can easily be found cheap on ebay (why is that one so cheap?) and the 4th... $38. What gives.

I assume the seller probably checked to see what the going prices were on the site, but it's odd I never see it at a better price, even those only listed as GOOD condition, and meanwhile in April I scored a LIKE NEW volume 3 for only $12.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-28-2019 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:57 AM   #805
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I can easily see a few pages of IDW where Pete is wearing this:

Old 07-31-2019, 07:50 PM   #806
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Have there been real life sightings I'm not aware of? Guys, I think Google knows something.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:31 PM   #807
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Every single time I come across the Spongebob ep Squid's Visit:

Quote:
Squidward: Before you ask me that question, ask yourself this: Why would I leave the comfort of my home for your dirty little hovel?

SpongeBob: What if I got a couple of throw pillows?
"...and a tv news reporter."
Old 02-13-2020, 07:37 PM   #808
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

[Sorry for not just editing a previous post, but the thread won't be viewable if I just do that.]

Had a thought... How well do the Turtles hear?

Since reptile hearing generally isn't as good as that of mammals, and supposedly all turtles and tortoises actually hear better under the water, and our boys even wear masks covering their ears, further potentially muffling the sound...

They don't act hard of hearing, else they'd get taken by surprise more often, so what way could mutation have made their hearing better and more like us? Esp with not having the outer ear advantage that mammals have.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:58 PM   #809
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

When I see the Tony Jay voiced Lord Dregg talking to the Hunchback Mung, I can't help but be reminded of Frollo and Quasimodo.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 04:23 PM   #810
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not really a random thought... just random junk I read. But the only reason that would not have freaked me out is because I recognize it.

Quote:
https://www.jacarandafm.com/shows/wo...reepy-t-shirt/

A mother shared a post on Facebook that left a lot of parents in stitches.

For many, this story reminds us of the days we started sleeping alone with the lights off, times when a tree cast a scary figure on the window and you'd stay up the whole night to make sure the strange figure doesn't kill you in the middle of the night.

In the post, Angela Kelsay shared a terrifying incident where she thought she spotted an alien in her bedroom, but it turned out to be her two-year-old son wearing a glow int the dark Ninja Turtles T-shirt.

https://www.facebook.com/angelamkels...17834627070360
I don't do scary movies... I watched Paranormal Activity about 5 years ago and still have demon-related PTSD. In the middle of the night I heard our bedroom door creak open. I figured it was Lennox but it was pitch-black so I couldn't tell. I blinked away the sleep so I could help him up into our bed. Instead, in the doorway was a set of terrifying glowing eyes and mouth. It wasn't a random light and it was hovering only a foot or so above the ground.

I froze trying to figure out what the hell I was looking at. Then silently it drifted a few feet closer. Our house is 120 years old. If you LOOK at the floors the wrong way they creak. But this thing didn't make a sound. That's when I called upon the Lord.

Now, my relationship with the Big Guy isn't real consistent.... I'm like that friend who only calls when they need to borrow money. But I needed Him NOW. I thought "Lord, it's Angela. If you've got any of that white light laying around would you mind sprinkling some around my bed? Leftovers can be sent my kid's rooms but the white light priority is right here." The thought no sooner left my head and the demon moved closer.

By now I'm completely frozen, completely freaking out. And I thought "Alright, LORD! The white light ain't gonna do it. You're going to call up the Archangel Michael himself and tell him to get to Walnut Street stat! There is some real life demon slaying that needs done and you gotta call in the big guns."

The demon grew closer and I knew the Lord had forsaken me. I was on my own. I was weighing out if throat chops work on demons when suddenly it whispered... "Mommy?" Oh. Sweet Baby Jesus in a manger. Oh, it was just my Lennox, thank you Lord. But wait... why the heck was he glowing??? I flipped on the bedside light to reveal a (apparently glow in dark!) Ninja Turtle shirt. It was at this moment I realized three things:

1) My baby has a future as a ninja because he was absolutely soundless.
2) I nearly throat chopped my two-year-old.
3) If I'm going to expect quick service from Michael the Archangel I'm going to have to stop being Jesus's "call you when I need money" friend.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:47 PM   #811
pferreira
Foot Elite

David Wise dying has made me stop procrastinating coming back to this online community. I would have come back eventually but kept putting it off.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 04:17 AM   #812
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

After pondering over it, I begrudgingly respect the Rise iteration of the TMNT.

It wanted to do its own thing, and sticked with itself to the end.

That makes me appreciate it more than its predecessor who, at many points, didn't know what it wanted to be.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:03 PM   #813
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Well, I'd just discovered that Ben Schwartz had said some ... rather unpleasant statements.

I ... don't know what to do with Rise! now.

So apparently, in April 2019, he, along with Thomas Middleditch, made some uncomfortable rape jokes during a Chicago Theater show.

Middleditch has now been accused of sexual assault.

Both events happened AFTER the #MeToo movement had occurred.

Just, ... wow.
Old 03-23-2021, 05:12 PM   #814
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well that's rather cringy.

Thought of this thread while at work. I'm sure most fans have things that sometimes make the TMNT (or some other interest) come to mind when just out and about. Be it a song playing in a store that was from a film or something else.

One of mine is some of the cardboard trays my company ships stuff in within the boxes they send to my stores. I'm not sure if it is initials of people who make them and are stamped into the cardboard or what it might mean... but some of them are stamped (in caps) LEO.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:50 AM   #815
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well that's rather cringy.

It's not just cringy. It's horrific.

It shows that we, as a patriarchal society, still have a long way to go.

I just learned that Schwartz is not only infamous for being pompous around certain people ( i.e. comedians ), but that he doesn't even have a house/home. He resides within a hotel room. He also has a secret R3dD!t account.

I hope the other shoe doesn't drop ...

I'm anxiously uncertain.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 11-07-2021 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-24-2021, 05:59 AM   #816
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
he doesn't technically even have a house/home. Just a hotel room.
Is that a bad thing? I mean, it's probably not a common thing but not necessarily bad.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:41 AM   #817
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Random thought...I was recently wondering how much of TMNT comics has been untapped by the adaptations. A whole lot.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:06 PM   #818
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
It's not just cringy. It's horrific.

It shows that we, as a patriarchal society, still have a long way to go.
I do agree with you. Just don't want to encourage some entities to come burn down this thread over it.

He's lucky Rise already bombed. If Jason Biggs got kicked because of his behavior on social media, Schwartz's ass might have been burnt to a crisp.

Celebs with secret accounts for anonymity and being able to interact online without having to be "that person" and just get to be normal there doesn't surprise me... So long as someone isn't just doing it in order to be able to be a creep online and protect their public reputation.

The hotel thing... eh. Depends on someone's life and career, I guess. If someone spends a lot of their time traveling and being in different places all the time it might make sense not to buy or rent a place if they're never there anyhow. (Maybe he did rent and didn't renew it.) If not, well it would certainly be unusual. (edit: Esp at his age. Just realized he's almost 40. Thought he was way younger than that. A 20-something not settling down into a home would surprise me less.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-24-2021 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:20 PM   #819
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

I was recently contemplating a world in which the TMNT were called Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and BERNINI. Yeah. Apparently, Donnie's name came down to a coin toss because Eastman loved Bernini the most as an artist.

Leo, Raph, Mikey, and Bernie? Still could have worked great... and none of us would have ever known the difference.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:39 PM   #820
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That reddit post, huh?

Donnie vs. Berni the Turtle. Imo, they made the right choice. lol I guess we'd be used to it if he was Berni, but like Donnie better.

There'd at least have been a TMNT election themed shirt for sure.