The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #61
meta ray mek
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post

What about Irma, Burne and Vernon? Not sure about them.
Irma was strongly hinted at in a 'blink and you'll miss it' cameo a few episodes back in the 2k12 series, and given this week's episode takes places at April's high school, there's the possibility Irma could show up.

As for the other two, no clue.

Also, I think it'd be redundant for Spike to become Slash in this iteration, because
Spoiler:
the 'pet turning into a mutant' plot will be done with a pet cockroach Donnie gets in a later episode, as said by TPTB at a con a while back, if I recall. I dunno about you, but I'd rather that plot be done once.

Would be funny if Slash did show up and it's alluded that he mutated from Spike, only to have it be a complete red herring and Spike is perfectly normal/fine and it was some other turtle that mutated instead, tho'.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #62
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I like the Slash idea Meta Ray Mek.

I have a feeling that most characters associated with either Image or Next Mutation are destined to stay under its only intrepetation mainly because of the high number of people that dislike those two versions. I personally like to ignore them myself. Any good qualities can be taken in forms of other characters from there on.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #63
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Bebop/Rocksteady don't even have to work directly for Shredder, they can be in charge of the Purple Dragons, who have been less important ever since Xever got mutated.
To be honest I think I'll rather have Hun back as the leader of the Purple Dragons, I don't even think Bebop and Rocksteady were the heads of their gang in the OT
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #64
meta ray mek
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I like the Slash idea Meta Ray Mek.

I have a feeling that most characters associated with either Image or Next Mutation are destined to stay under its only intrepetation mainly because of the high number of people that dislike those two versions. I personally like to ignore them myself. Any good qualities can be taken in forms of other characters from there on.
Thanks. I'm of a mind to think the 'red herring' approach would be the better outcome, since most people are convinced that Spike will mutate into Slash at some point or another. Having the complete opposite happen would be a nice subversion, but eh, s'only IMO.

To an extent, I agree that the universal dislike of certain concepts/characters will prevent them from being used in the 2k12 canon. But I'm the type of person who thinks that an idea with a bad execution can be made better with the right adjustments.

Like the Dr. Quease character from 'Next Mutation', to use a really obscure example. In this case, he could be a purely 'show within a show' character that hosts a science television program that's a more demented riff on Mr. Wizard or Bill Nye, and have that be to Donnie what 'Space Heroes' is to Leo (or if it's a one-time thing, Mikey could be really into the show and Donnie points out all the flaws in the show's logic and is basically a killjoy for Mikey, hehe). That could be kind of fun, and a way of reusing/improving upon something from bad source material. And the casual viewer will never know that it's a call-back to 'Next Mutation'.

But that's just me. I'm a sucker for that kind of refurbishing type stuff when it comes to multiple canons. =T
Old 02-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #65
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
To be honest I think I'll rather have Hun back as the leader of the Dragons, I don't even think Bebop and Rocksteady were the heads of their gang in the OT
The two appearances after season one in "The Gang's All Here" and "Once Upon A Time Machine" indicated Hi-Five was the leader of the gang. Hun never was nearly as fun or interesting as Bebop adn Rocksteady and he had a little more character development. He just seemed like a punk that got lucky. If he isn't a punk with a twist like the two henchmutants I am personally not interested.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #66
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The two appearances after season one in "The Gang's All Here" and "Once Upon A Time Machine" indicated Hi-Five was the leader of the gang. Hun never was nearly as fun or interesting as Bebop adn Rocksteady and he had a little more character development. He just seemed like a punk that got lucky. If he isn't a punk with a twist like the two henchmutants I am personally not interested.
Yeah, never liked Hun.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #67
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hun was one of the best characters from the 4kids series. He was Tatsu with an actual personality and backstory.

The way they continually developed him from being Shredder's loyal guard to taking over the Purple Dragons and turning them from street criminals to an organized crime outfit was great. Also loved the interactions between him Karai and Baxter.

Likewise the episode, "Hun on the Run," from Season 3 was one of the best episodes of the 4kids show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #68
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I feel like every post you write should be prefaced with "In my opinion...." Not everyone liked Hun...big whoop.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I feel like every post you write should be prefaced with "In my opinion...." Not everyone liked Hun...big whoop.
So should everyone then, but I thought that was common knowledge.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #70
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
I feel like every post CyberCubed writes should be prefaced with "In my opinion...."
^^ This!!! 1,000 times this!!!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #71
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Thanks jester, so what if I didn't like Hun.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #72
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
So should everyone then, but I thought that was common knowledge.
There's a difference when those opinions are presented as opinions and when they're presented as facts.

Most of the "common knowledge" stuff in that post....pure opinion.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:19 AM   #73
Shredded
Foot Soldier

Quote:
They already returned in the IDW comics. The chances of Nick never using them in the show is slim, they bought the TMNT IP with the intent of re-capturing the popularity of the OT. They know good and well the villains at the time were the reason the show was also the success it was as much as the Turtles.

Bebop/Rocksteady don't even have to work directly for Shredder, they can be in charge of the Purple Dragons, who have been less important ever since Xever got mutated.

Bebop and Rocksteady are comedic villains in a show that's practically a comedy. I think those two would be absolutely hilarious with the talented writing of the Nick writers.

In fact the only reason we haven't seen them in Season 1 is because Nick wants to build up a new universe first with a mix of new and old characters but some are being held over, same reason Casey Jones is not in Season 1. I would be very surprised to not see Nick bring back Bebop/Rocksteady for a cartoon aimed at children.

And as I pointed out, IDW already brought them back.

Ah.. didn't know that. Turtle comics doesn't really come all the way to Denmark.

And quite honestly, even if they did. I think the only comic that actually really counts for being able to change things in the show is the original mirage, and the only things that will change the public perception of the turtles and which characters belong to them, are the tv-shows and supposed movies.

And there I have to say, the only ones thus far being re-curring are following.

The four main turtles and Splinter
April
Casey
The Shredder
The Krang
Baxter Stockman
And Karai

That's it! the six character aside from the the turtles and Splinter any new interpretation has to have now to call itself a turtles representation.
We can even with a bit of tweaking saying. "okay only five." as Karai doesn't have to appear. Maybe soon after the current show she is intergrated enough that that has changed, but that's first now then.
And maybe, maybe not, the Rat king with Leatherhead should have been on this list to, it's really all up for debate.

Every-body else is exspendable, any interpretation can feel free to make new versions merely based on them but the new faces aren't really them. It's really up to who-ever makes the show.

As for Hun.. daww, there's really people out there that doesn't like him? I thought he was a brilliant character.
I admit at first I didn't like him, he just seemed like a dumb hench-men to me, whom just as well could have been nameless, could have called him. "Big muscle guy with tatoo." and it wouldn't have made any difference to me.
But! then the show moved forward, and suddenly Hun gained more and more character, more personality, he acted like his own entity and.. He is not dumb! he is incredible capable. Just as Raph at some point said. "the purple dragons are useless without him." and I believed him, which means, with Hun the purple dragons were actually a genuine force to be reconned with.
His interactions with Karai, Stockman and Shredder were all great, there was great dynamic there, he had a genuine character, I really grew to like him over time, and he seemed like a scary threat in his own right. "Oh dang, Hun." was a phrase often uttered from me while watching the show.

Will he show up again? probably not, it's time to hand over the mantle to the next one, and our new Hun is called.. Dogpound actually. I mean think about it, loyal to Shredder and his number one genneral, is now huge as a train, and even took over the purple dragons after Xever was rendered incapable. Hmm, Dogpound is the new Hun!
Actually looking at them side by side, right now I like Hun better, but then again, Dogpound didn't have as much time to establish himself, so we'll see.

Also the end of the RPG episode is the most worthwhile thing to come out of "Back To the sewers." that was just brilliant!
Hun is a hardcore RPG Gamer! how can you not love that?

Last edited by Shredded; 02-05-2013 at 04:25 AM.
Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #74
CyberCubed
Overlord

Baxter Stockman, Rat King and Leatherhead return in every incarnation, except for being in the movies. Karai is probably also going to return in every incarnation now too.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #75
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I would love to see a complete Purple Dragons gang, with characters like Hun, Lugnut, Bebop and Rocksteady, giving more members a character.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #76
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'd be happy seeing more than 3 members... They are hardly a gang in the Nickshow.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #77
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'd be happy seeing more than 3 members... They are hardly a gang in the Nickshow.
I wouldn't say that. Biff Tannen only had three dudes in his gang.

www.jephael.com
Old 02-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #78
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

You got that right, butt-head.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #79
Jephael

Quote:

You got that right, butt-head.
Who you calling butt-head, butt-head?

www.jephael.com
Old 02-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #80
CyberCubed
Overlord

Scumbug probably won't be seen again, he's been replaced by Chong in the Nick show.

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, idw, nick