The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-23-2019, 07:28 AM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Could one say Peter Laird not liking the direction of TurtleMania and becoming burnt out to the point that he cannot finish his own preferred direction?
Laird is probably disappointed that the Turtles people know of and like aren't his Mirage Turtles but the pizza eating surfing ones instead. That being said, TMNT made him rich, so I doubt he regrets it. He sold the property off at the right time and has been enjoying his retirement ever since.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:13 PM   #22
pferreira
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
David Warner, who played Professor Jordan Perry, apparently was very embarrassed by that role/film.
When did David Warner mention this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Michael Reeves didn't think the episodes he wrote for the '87 show were that good even though fans he's credited with some of the better ones.
Do you have a source for this? His episodes were pretty great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
What I heard, is that paulsen left due to some draconian treatment of the VA's over at Fred Wolf Films.
Paulsen left over a salary dispute. He felt that after nine years the voice cast should be paid better but CBS said "well you can be replaced" and that's what they did, they fired Paulsen.

Quote:
When I interviewed Mr.Avery, he stated he just forgot to renew his contract.
But, considering he left mid season....I can't help but wonder if it was the same reason mr.paulsen had...and with fresh prince taking off, decided he didn't have to put up with it anymore.
Nope. Avery has gone on record as saying he loved voicing Shredder. The only reason he gave it up is because Fresh Prince was taking up too much of his time. It was more difficult for Avery to get into the voice studio. I think this might be the reason why the writers from Season 4 onwards made sure Krang and Shredder only appeared every other episode. I guess the demands during Season 7 from Fresh Prince became too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Basically Pasko handled the early Season 2 episodes when Wise wasn't available. He looked at the Mirage material for reference and hated it and said he preferred what Wise created with the turtles.
Pasko isn't credited on IMDB as script editor for any Season 2 episodes. Was he uncredited?

Quote:
And quite frankly, if it wasn't for that first cartoon being a hit, turtle mania would never have happened.
To an extent that is true. He wrote about half the series episodes although I think Michael Reeves got the conflict part of the show better than Wise did.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote