The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-04-2005, 05:26 AM   #241
JameO
Mad Scientist

All I can say is, way to go Cena! All the matches were pretty crazy except for the women's as usual. It wasn't bad but they ended it terrible. Hulkamania still runnin' wild was pretty cool along with the double stunner. It will never get any better than the way Rick Flair reacts to moves, jumping around screaming "Woo".
Old 04-04-2005, 05:26 AM   #242
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches

Wrestlemania could have been better................

That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:56 AM   #243
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew138
Wrestlemania could have been better................
You're right...

But I digress.

I liked Wrestlemania. Despite the boring Women's Title match and the Guerrero/Mysterio match, I was entertained immensely. I'm actually glad Batista won the belt. Let's see how he runs with it. As for Cena, well, at least it's not Bradshaw again. I don't know how long I could tolerate him as the champ any longer. The ladder match was brilliant. Benjamin's skipping along the rungs to deliver a clothesline was a great display of athleticism.

I'm also glad that Orton lost. I'm a big 'Taker fan, and I do see Orton's in-ring ability for what it is, but for 'Taker to lose wouldn't feel right. I thought the match wasn't that bad. I liked Orton's reversals and counters through it, but the interference of his father ruined the bout.

My favorite moment, though, was without doubt Piper's Pit. I might be the biggest Piper fan out there (I haven't met one more than me yet) and to see him back after his Smackdown stint was great. Him slapping Austin, welcoming him to his world, and getting smacked right back, only to smile and say, "I kinda like ya" was a definite highlight. Although I was half-expecting him to hit that menstrual cramp Carlito with the apple core a la Snuka and the coconut shell back in the day.

Great Wrestlemania, though.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:17 PM   #244
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

I actually enjoyed WM 21. I think I like it better than WM 20 even. Most of the results were great, esp. in the Batista/Tripple H match, the Undertaker/Orton match, and the JBL/Cena match. I thought the Piper's Pit with Stone Cold Steve Austin, and the surprize visit by Carlito was 'cool'. Lastly having Hulk Hogan show up to kick the hell outta Muhammad Hussain and do his "one more match", as the audience yelled and begged for the night before on the Hall of Fame induction ceremony, was awesome too! It's too bad that Eugene was too hurt to say "Hi" to Hogan since he's prolly his hero, as Eugene immitates him alot. Can't wait till my dad comes home to visit cuz we taped it for him and he loves Undertaker. I think he'll be quite pleased with the outcome of that match!

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:57 PM   #245
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

I'm glad that 'Taker won. Orton never had a chance.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:19 PM   #246
ZariusTwo
Overlord

There possibly going to have a rematch at Summerslam when Orton returns, only with Orton beating the stale dinosaur.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #247
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
There possibly going to have a rematch at Summerslam when Orton returns, only with Orton beating the stale dinosaur.
As I believe it should have been last night. Orton should have won and then put the classic "sore winner" steel chair beat down on Taker, just to cement him as a big time heel. Losing to Taker was just pointless for Orton at this point in time.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:28 PM   #248
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
As I believe it should have been last night. Orton should have won and then put the classic "sore winner" steel chair beat down on Taker, just to cement him as a big time heel. Losing to Taker was just pointless for Orton at this point in time.

Apparently the reason he lost was due to his shoulder injury, 'Taker did'nt want to job to a guy doing a half-assed performance, whinlst the truth is that Orton was carrying that idiot to his greatest match in a long time.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:33 PM   #249
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Apparently the reason he lost was due to his shoulder injury, 'Taker did'nt want to job to a guy doing a half-assed performance, whinlst the truth is that Orton was carrying that idiot to his greatest match in a long time.
Thank GOD! Everyone I've talked to about this has bashed Orton's performance in that match. Why they have, I'll never know! For some reason all my friends are big on the Orton hating.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:38 PM   #250
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
Thank GOD! Everyone I've talked to about this has bashed Orton's performance in that match. Why they have, I'll never know! For some reason all my friends are big on the Orton hating.

Orton has only himself to blame, he's been crapping in Divas's bags and generally being a jerk backstage, but the, he's doing nothing that Shawn Micheals and Ric Flair hav'nt done in thier own careers.

A lot of people like bashing him purly because he flopped as a face, and bored everybody, it's the reason Batista was pushed when even the company realised Orton had flopped.

I really have no distinct problem with The Undertaker that much, but Orton had the proper gimmick that could have given him back the credibility he's been lacking since Hunter took the belt back from him, and 'Taker refused to put him over, it surpsies me that the many people who cry for someone new to be elevated completly turn around when they find out there facing people like The Undertaker "Oh wait...don't elevate him yet, let Undertaker beat him"

Hypocrites. Total hypocrites.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:24 PM   #251
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

And that is totally how I feel about the Internet Wrestling Community as a whole. Hypocrites.

I enjoyed Mania quite a bit. Maybe it was the beer, maybe it was the Hogan appearence, maybe it's because it was my "going away for now" party, but I had a blast watching the show. HHH's entrance Owns us all. (As the resident Hunter mark, I must say Im not amused that Batista is champ)

The Orton/Taker match was good, I thought. In my opinion Orton put on a good match, even though it's the cool IWC thing to do is bash him. (internet fans piss me off)

The Ladder Match was excellent. Although, I threatened to urinate on our food if Edge won, my friends managed to talk me out of it and just throwing a sandwich at the TV instead. Edge is a manwhore. (And I used to be such an edge fan!)

The Women's title match was... meh. I'm a Trish fan so I watched it, the only good part was watching Her kick Christy in the head.

The JBL/Cena match was decent, I've been following Cena since he was in the independents as Prototype, so to see him when the WWE Title was amazing. I never imagined him rising to the top so quickly.

Unfortunetley, there was a car accident that knocked my power out monday, so I missed a good amount of RAW. I won't get to see that untill I make it to my girlfriends apartment Thursday night. (meaning I'll miss smackdown also. god bless Tivo)
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:32 PM   #252
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Hon, I'm not a Hunter mark ,and even I can't stand Batista, hell even Goldberg has more tlaent in one finger than that guy.

Last night on RAW was no exception, he actually sold offense froma guy with a shoulder injury rather than dominate him. I laughed at the fact the guy only appeared in the main event, whilst Hunter took over in the opening with his promo about the upcoming rematch, and how the belt will always come back to him, and the triple threat match was the match of the night
Old 04-05-2005, 05:21 PM   #253
JameO
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Hon, I'm not a Hunter mark ,and even I can't stand Batista, hell even Goldberg has more tlaent in one finger than that guy.

Last night on RAW was no exception, he actually sold offense froma guy with a shoulder injury rather than dominate him. I laughed at the fact the guy only appeared in the main event, whilst Hunter took over in the opening with his promo about the upcoming rematch, and how the belt will always come back to him, and the triple threat match was the match of the night

Hon? You want to cyber with him or what? Anyways, I am glad Batista won the title but knowing Triple H he can't go without the title for too long so he will end up getting it back soon enough. He just wants to be know for more title reigns.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:53 PM   #254
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameO
Hon? You want to cyber with him or what?
Female sig, and the username screamed feminine...could've fooled a dead pope
Old 04-07-2005, 12:55 PM   #255
ZariusTwo
Overlord

After being sent back to his hotel room and then being told he was not required for RAW on Monday, it is coming to us now breaking that Rhyno was told by WWE that due to the incident during the WrestleMania 21st after show party he is being let go by the company.

-- Many are hoping that cooler heads will prevail, but as it stands release papers were supposedly signed. More on this as it comes
Old 04-07-2005, 12:57 PM   #256
ZodiacAngel
Foot Soldier

Quote:
After being sent back to his hotel room and then being told he was not required for RAW on Monday, it is coming to us now breaking that Rhyno was told by WWE that due to the incident during the WrestleMania 21st after show party he is being let go by the company.

-- Many are hoping that cooler heads will prevail, but as it stands release papers were supposedly signed. More on this as it comes
Breaking News: Rhyno Released From WWE?

According to W365 Newsletter, Rhyno was released from WWE following an incident at the WrestleMania 21 after show party. It appears that Rhyno got into an argument with his wife, and then destroyed a large flower pot at the Universal Sheraton hotel.

Rhyno flew home from LA early Monday morning and did not attend Raw. Managment is said to be very upset as a number of fans witnessed the event when he was suposed to be representing the company.

We'll have more news on this as we get it.

Piccolo: We can't give up just because things aren't the way we want them to be
~History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.~
ZodiacAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 01:02 PM   #257
ZariusTwo
Overlord

It makes sense, I never liked Rhyno (being ECW's final champion really does'nt mean s*it, as the conmpany was a joke by that point) creating a public incident such as this is just embarrasing
Old 04-07-2005, 06:24 PM   #258
Wingnut
Mad Scientist

Well that's sad to hear. I was never a huge Rhyno fan but it still stinks to see he got released.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:36 AM   #259
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I just downloaded the Ulitmate Warriors' idiotic lecture at the UCONN, this is disgusting...but it's also utterly hilarious. The Liberals destroyed him completly for thirty minutes once he started bashing the party, followed cloesley by stating that "Queering does'nt work" when talking about homosexuality.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:38 AM   #260
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Matt Hardy has been released alongside Rhyno, apparently he had something to do with slashing Edges' car tires at a house show

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling