The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-18-2015, 04:49 PM   #21
Galactus
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Guys its Sideshow Collectibles all there stuff is ****ing expensive. You would have to sell a kidney on the black market to afford any of their figures. The Hot toys are expensive too.
Which is why you'd think they'd make collectibles on things that are popular and at least have a better chance that enough fans have that kind of money to spend.

Making collectibles of the Bay designs which are divisive (to put it politely) doesn't seem like the best strategy.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:03 PM   #22
Roseangelo
Emperor

Just to clarify, the statues themselves are by Prime 1 Studio. Sideshow is only distributing them. A small technicality, as the price is ridiculous and I really am curious who is going to actually buy these.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:23 PM   #23
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Hyper-realistic 1990 movie statues would be pretty terrific. Though there's no way I'd be able to afford them anyway.
Prime 1 will actually be doing those but yes, they will probably cost an arm and a leg.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:36 PM   #24
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Prime 1 will actually be doing those but yes, they will probably cost an arm and a leg.
REALLY.

Well... I guess I'll enjoy looking at pictures of those online when they make them.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:04 PM   #25
Commenter 42
Banned

Splinter looks terrible, but Prime 1 is a good shop. They make quality stuff. If they do the 90's turtles, they will be awesome.

Rats aren't ugly, so I'm still confused about this design. People keep complaining he looked too realistic, but that's not it...

he looks like they drew eyes and a nose on a wet sausage and called it a day.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 04:55 AM   #26
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
REALLY.

Well... I guess I'll enjoy looking at pictures of those online when they make them.
Yep. They put up the 1990 movie poster as a hint to what they were working on next but quickly removed it because they realized they needed to promote and sell the Bay turtles first.

They might be cheaper considering they won't be wearing a bunch of **** which means less to sculpt.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:03 AM   #27
Leo656
The Franchise

Makes sense. If too many people knew something they'd actually WANT is coming out eventually, they'd never spend the cost of a small car on THESE ugly f***in' things.

Again, I question the audience for these. I mean how many people with the funds necessary would ever say THESE Turtles are their favorites? You'd have to be like a doctor or lawyer who grew up with the cartoon, and also not married because buddy, you ain't gettin' any with those things in the house. And yet the little kids, who are the only ones who can look at these Turtles without vomiting, can't afford them and no way can they talk their parents into paying for them.

I can see some nostalgic nerd with a ton of extra cash buying on or two of the 1990 movie statues when they make them. I can't imagine anyone buying THESE hideous things, though.

Again, not the detail, the detail is insanely accurate, it's the fact that they're hideous. Someone obviously went to a ton of work, but... why? It's like creating a Human Centipede. "WHY? Mankind was meant to use its talents for Good, not Evil!"

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:57 AM   #28
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Seriously, the only person who would consider buying these in the first place are super fans of the franchise.

And most fans of the franchise dislike/hate the designs.

What's left is a VERY small market of people with disposable income AND who are huge Ninja Turtle fans AND who liked the movie AND who liked the designs.

That's probably like...1 person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:54 PM   #29
Lou 500
Hench Mutant

I don't see these selling at all, at least not at those prices. I wonder where they'll end up. A run-down cinema in a Bulgarian village?
Lou 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:12 PM   #30
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou 500 View Post
I don't see these selling at all, at least not at those prices. I wonder where they'll end up. A run-down cinema in a Bulgarian village?
Well if the Bulgarian cinema wants to sell me a Leo one for a lot cheaper that would be ok. A little cash to help the run down cinema and a better price for me.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:52 AM   #31
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Damn. Those figures look awesome.

No toy is worth $230 though.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote